SUV help needed

tomarnidhi

Guys,

I am looking at buying an SUV next month. My requirements are it should be 4 by 4 for offroading , should be diesel with decent average & should be powerful for rough terrain, moreover good ground clearance... Budget is a bit of a constraint, I can only go to about 15 L ... Max 20 but it would be a stretch ...

I had always wanted a Dicor but I hate Storme :n (cnt get dicor out of my mind, and thats the kind of SUV i need)

What are your thoughts

Jaswinder Singh Baidwan

Akhran da mureed
Staff member
hey on a serious note,, a Safari 2.2 is for sale.. very good condition,, mere khayal naal sirf 20-30000 challi hai... mere cousin kol hai..
model 2009 ... par bahut ghatt challi hai :pop

kaim condition..

tomarnidhi

^^ dont want a second hand car... waise how much is he expecting for it? CH number da issue hunda delhi ch :an

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
not sure what are the current cars in the indian market

you might wana compare the toyota fortuner ,Renault Duster ( not much of a SUV but a compact SUV) ,xuv500 (heard good things about them)

if you dont wana over spend on one car , buy 2. one for around 10 lacs ( may be a bit used ) a proper SUV that you can take your family around with and one JEEP Mahindra Thar with 4x4 in that way your family doesn't suffer the mud bath

tomarnidhi

^^ that is an explorable Idea(buying 2) thanks

How about endevour and there was this another nissan coming , wat abt that?

Singh-a-lion

Prime VIP
Go for xuv500 4x4. Damn gud. Technically advanced interiors. Gud luk outside. More features den fortuner and endevour at low cost.
I drove it to 180kmph. Great handling.
Only missing thing is sunroof.

deep

Prime VIP
^^ that is an explorable Idea(buying 2) thanks

How about endevour and there was this another nissan coming , wat abt that?

Endevour is good one, Ford SUVs are pretty good i have ford explorer old model (in US) from which they further developed Endevour and its a pretty solid vehicle, i literally drove it thru 2-3 feet high snow where it was sitting for several days without even cleaning an inch of snow.
so i can vouch for ruggedness of ford chassis, not sure about diesel engine and i have petrol one ( although it guzzles gas as its 4 liter engine).

Also 4X4 and good mileage doesnot go together, whenever you will drive in 4X4 mode you will see a big reduction in mileage.

Thanks

tomarnidhi

^^ nice Deep .. well i do like endevour and i do realise that in 4*4 it obv wont give me a gud mileage … my concern however is to get an amalgamation of a city car along with an offroading vehicle … my obvious choices are endevour n fortuner .. CRV is just a pretty city car and XUV has had some teething issues at the time of inception.. acc to me duster is the shittiest of the lot … perhaps I should take something and get it modified.. I am kinda running out of options right now

deep

Prime VIP
^^ nice Deep .. well i do like endevour and i do realise that in 4*4 it obv wont give me a gud mileage … my concern however is to get an amalgamation of a city car along with an offroading vehicle … my obvious choices are endevour n fortuner .. CRV is just a pretty city car and XUV has had some teething issues at the time of inception.. acc to me duster is the shittiest of the lot … perhaps I should take something and get it modified.. I am kinda running out of options right now

fortuner is good one too, but i dont like its interiors, they messed it up (in US atleast badly) CRV also has 4WD model if you want to try, it comes from honda family and they are known to be reliable.
i never had a ride in XUV so cannot say anything.

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
Buy 2 cars easy
Reason i dont have 3 different cars is because of high insurance costs and registration every year. That doesnt happen in india. If u have a space keep 2 cars

I wouldnt buy ford i have one ford falcon..they got lots of issues so yeah a big no no to ford. Rest its ur choice.

deep

Prime VIP
Buy 2 cars easy
Reason i dont have 3 different cars is because of high insurance costs and registration every year. That doesnt happen in india. If u have a space keep 2 cars

I wouldnt buy ford i have one ford falcon..they got lots of issues so yeah a big no no to ford. Rest its ur choice.

sorry i disagree to it, as i have a old ford SUV but no issues even after clocking 100000 miles on it.

♪ LaLLi ♪

Pêñdû™
eh le le .... 4 *4 aa,,,,mileage di vi prob ni ...seating capacity ta Dikh hi ri honi ,,, driving seat vi jithe marji rakh lo bhave aage rakho bhave piche ,, best part s chalan kade ni hona ,, na hi drink nd drive da nd na hi wrong side driving da . swad vi vakhra.... toorra full....

a-gadha-loaded-with-sacks-of-rice-bathinda.jpg

Last edited:

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
sorry i disagree to it, as i have a old ford SUV but no issues even after clocking 100000 miles on it.

I have one that has clocked over that and i can provide you reciepts of what ive changed so far.

For me Ford is a big No.
Ford falcons are made in australia. U might have different story in the states

I had so many other cars no hassles. Id buy japanese over american anyday

lol i see this conversation is leading in the wrong way. No offense to anybody tho.
Guys plz dnt compare different cars in different countries. Cars made for or in different countries are made according to the specific country's roads, weather, driving habbits, market and stuff.
As opinion: According to ur budget and necessities, I would say u have pretty good options like the other guys said XUV, scorpio, Storm, endeavour, duster, fortuner, pajero. Take a test ride and see which one sounds better. As far as reliability, diesel engines now days are pretty good and easily get upto 100k miles (160,000 km). But u might have to consider the maintenace costs and stuff.