Sunil Grover: My son asked me not to play Gutthi

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Popularly known as Gutthi from 'Comedy Nights With Kapil' and now as Dr Mashoor Gulati from 'The Kapil Sharma Show', Sunil Grover is one of the funniest man on television.
While having a Facebook live chat exclusively with TV Times, Sunil got candid with us. Excerpts
When asked about the character of 'Gutthi', Sunil Grover said, "Gutthi was never a woman for me. She has always been a character." Be it a man or a woman, it was Gutthi's character that mattered to Sunil.

Sunil Grover's family has been simply proud of him and are excited for his success over the years. When asked about how Sunil's family deal with his popularity, he said "My family is overwhelmed with my success though my mother gets worried at times as she has become more busier because of me".
Sunil, who is also a doting father to a 6-year old boy, had a tough time explaining his son about Gutthi.

Sunil's son had asked him to not play the role of Gutthi as he was bullied by his friends that his father plays the role of a woman. Sunil then had to take him out and explain that people love him as Gutthi. Mohan's favourite character of daddy is Mashoor Gulati.

While talking about Jaspal Bhatti, Sunil feels fortunate to have worked with the amazing comedian. He will always be Sunil's mentor.