Sukhwinder gets devotional

Lily

B.R
Staff member

Bollywood singer Sukhwinder Singh, who has been in the industry for more than two decades, has released his album, Sai Ram. He says he has pepped up the "bhajans" (devotional song) in a bid to energise the devotees.

"Many times I have seen people travelling to Shirdi [a pilgrim town in Maharashtra] on foot. They cover great distances to get one glance of baba in Shirdi. And to get the energy to walk, these groups play songs on baba," the 40-year-old said.

"These bhajans are set on old successful disco hits. So I decided to cut a fresh peppy bhajan. Initially, it was only one song but later I added one trance bhajan," he added.

Bollywood singer Sukhwinder Singh, who has been in the industry for more than two decades, has released his album, Sai Ram. He says he has pepped up the "bhajans" (devotional song) in a bid to energise the devotees.

"Many times I have seen people travelling to Shirdi [a pilgrim town in Maharashtra] on foot. They cover great distances to get one glance of baba in Shirdi. And to get the energy to walk, these groups play songs on baba," the 40-year-old said.

"These bhajans are set on old successful disco hits. So I decided to cut a fresh peppy bhajan. Initially, it was only one song but later I added one trance bhajan," he added.