suggestion required for laptop

AnZel TearZ

Hmmmmmmmmm...............
jinna mera budget hai, I can buy Acer or HP Compaq Presario, and Dell which is slightly more....Acer's warranty wont work in Canada but HP's will, but dunno abt Dell...
Dell must be good bcoz Dell believe in direct selling.............
U can get better option with HP....
i dont know anout HP....
but i can say DELL is Good......
How u get service n Cost that u have too look up....
Configuration n prisewise i think dell is cheaper than HP....
check Both 1 more time..............

deep

Prime VIP
Dell is good , but it has a problem in india that they dont have any service centre in india for support , they have on phone support......
I guess dell has service centres in canada , but not suure,
But dell doesn't carry overseas warranties, so if you are buying laptop in other continent than us/canada u will not entitled for warranty in Canada.
I dont know abt HP/compaq.....................

SHauKeeN GaBRu

Chardi Kala
i just found out...Dell provides only local warranty, Acer provides International Travellers Carry In warranty and I've been told HP provides full international warranty....so shall i go for HP COMPAQ PRESARIO??

deep

Prime VIP
i dont see any problem with HP,but i have never used HP Compaq laptops.
I have used IBM(now lenovo), Toshiba, Dell
Only problem i got was with Toshiba's display and they give carry in warranty , it was quite hassle free. but i dont kknow about international warranties.

deep

Prime VIP
I will support for XP home , rather than Vista basic, coz still vista doesn't support drivers for all accessories and moreover it consumes a lot of memory to run

MAVERICK

Here r some common differences

Windows XP Professional gives you all the benefits of Windows XP Home Edition, plus additional remote access, security, performance, manageability and multi-lingual features that make it the operating system of choice for businesses of all sizes and people who demand the most out of their computing experience.

<table class="dataTable" id="E6" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><thead><tr class="stdHeader" valign="top"><td id="colEBB" width="58%">Features</td><td id="colEFB" align="center" width="22%">Windows XP Home Edition</td><td id="colEJB" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204);" align="center" width="20%">Windows XP Professional</td></tr></thead><tbody><tr class="subHeader"><td>All the features of Windows XP Home Edition</td><td> </td><td> </td></tr><tr class="record" valign="top"><td><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="listBullet" valign="top">•</td><td class="listItem">New user interface - makes it easy to find what you need when you need it.
</td></tr><tr><td class="listBullet" valign="top">•</td><td class="listItem">A reliable foundation you can count on – keeps your computer up and running when you need it most.
</td></tr><tr><td class="listBullet" valign="top">•</td><td class="listItem">Windows Media Player for Windows XP - single place for finding, playing, organizing, & storing digital media.
</td></tr><tr><td class="listBullet" valign="top">•</td><td class="listItem">Network Setup Wizard - easily connect & share the computers and devices in your home.
</td></tr><tr><td class="listBullet" valign="top">•</td><td class="listItem">Windows Messenger – the ultimate communications & collaboration tool with instant messaging, voice and video conferencing, and application sharing.
</td></tr><tr><td class="listBullet" valign="top">•</td><td class="listItem">Help & Support Center - easy to recover from problems and get help and support when you need it.
</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td value="2" align="center">yes
</td><td style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204);" value="2" align="center">yes
</td></tr><tr class="subHeader"><td>Premier mobile support, providing access to information while you're on the go

</td><td> </td><td> </td></tr><tr class="record" valign="top"><td>Advanced laptop support (incl. ClearType support, DualView, power management improvements) - so you get as much work done while you are on the road as while you are in the office.

</td><td value="2" align="center">yes
</td><td style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204);" value="2" align="center">yes
</td></tr><tr class="evenRecord" valign="top"><td>Wireless connections - automatic 802.1x wireless network configuration.

</td></tr><tr class="record" valign="top"><td>Remote Desktop – remotely access your Windows XP Professional PC, from another Windows PC, so you can work with all of your data and applications while away from your office.

</td><td value="1" align="center">no
</td></tr><tr class="evenRecord" valign="top"><td>Internet Information Services (IIS) version 5.1 – host your own Web site on the Internet or your intranet.

</td></tr><tr class="record" valign="top"><td>Offline Files and Folders - access to files & folders on a network share when disconnected from the server.
</td></tr><tr class="subHeader"><td>Highly responsive with the power to work on multiple tasks at once

</td><td> </td><td> </td></tr><tr class="record" valign="top"><td>Fast start-up & power management improvements - faster boot and resume times.

</td></tr><tr class="evenRecord" valign="top"><td>Multitasking - allow multiple applications to run simultaneously.

</td></tr><tr class="record" valign="top"><td>Scalable processor support – up to two-way multi-processor support.
</td></tr><tr class="subHeader"><td>Keeps your data secure and maintains your privacy

</td><td> </td><td> </td></tr><tr class="record" valign="top"><td>Internet Connection Firewall - automatically shields your PC from unauthorized access when you're on the Internet.

</td></tr><tr class="evenRecord" valign="top"><td>Internet Explorer 6 privacy support - maintain control over your personal information when visiting Web sites.

</td></tr><tr class="record" valign="top"><td>Encrypting File System - protects sensitive data in files that are stored on disk using the NTFS file system.

</td></tr><tr class="evenRecord" valign="top"><td>Access Control – restrict access to selected files, applications, and other resources.
</td></tr><tr class="subHeader"><td>Designed to work with Microsoft Windows Servers and management solutions

</td><td> </td><td> </td></tr><tr class="record" valign="top"><td>Centralized administration - join Windows XP Professional systems to a Windows Server domain to take advantage of the full range of powerful management and security tools.

</td></tr><tr class="evenRecord" valign="top"><td>Group Policy - simplifies the administration of groups of users or computers.

</td></tr><tr class="record" valign="top"><td>Software Installation and Maintenance – automatically install, configure, repair, or remove software applications.

</td></tr><tr class="evenRecord" valign="top"><td>Roaming User Profiles - access to all your documents and settings no matter where you log on.

</td></tr><tr class="record" valign="top"><td>Remote Installation Service (RIS) – support for remote operating system installations where desktops can be installed across the network.
</td></tr><tr class="subHeader"><td>Communicate efficiently with others around the world

</td><td> </td><td> </td></tr><tr class="record" valign="top"><td>Single Worldwide Binary - enter text in any language and run any language version of Win32 applications on any language version of Windows XP.

</td></tr><tr class="evenRecord" valign="top"><td>Multi-lingual User Interface (MUI) add-on - change the user interface language to get localized dialog boxes, menus, help files, dictionaries, and proofing tools etc.
</td></tr></tbody></table>