Skills to be a Good Parent!

SehaJ

Troublemaker
I read this in a magazine and taken bits of it to share it with you! Very interesting..do read on!

A daughter asked her mother on some expert opinion on.."WHAT ARE THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO BE A GOOD PARENT?" ...

The mother thought..hmm..skills? Then suddenly she said, "Hang on! I know this one!"

We need ORGANISATIONAL SKILLS, definitely, she said.
IT ALSO HELPS IF YOU CAN DRIVE-AND HAVE THE ABILITY TO BE IN TWO PLACES AT A TIME.

She said the above thinking about her next 7 days having various appointments at her kids' schools on opposite ends of the town, to hand in lots of forms and money to the schools and to remember to pick up a cover for their pool at home.

Her daughter asked, "What else?" And her mother went on..

Thinking about the school year ahead..school fees, class pictures, running shoes, christmas shopping, birthday parties, sports team registration, etc. etc.
And she said FINANCIAL SKILLS. MATHS COMES IN HANDY, TOO, WHEN YOU'RE TRYING TO DIVIDE SEVEN LOLLIES EVENLY AMONG FOUR KIDS.

Mom says, "CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY" When your 2-yr-old shows you a blemish, you'll have to tell her if it's the beginning of a flesh-eating disease or just a freckle. You'll also need to know which laundry soap makes the baby itch.

PLUS, KIDS WILL ALSO EVENTUALLY ASK WHY THE SKY IS BLUE? so you should know something about that, too.

You NEED A GOOD MEMORY, as kids find it fun to quiz their parents at any given time on birthdays, names of stuffed animals, etc.

DON'T FORGET CREATIVITY. LIKE art, crafts, storytelling, music.

Pheww..that's alot! But it all made sense to me and is all put together so well.

Credit: Reader's Digest Nov. 2007