Singh is King - Movie Review

pps309

Prime VIP
I am just coming out of cinema after watching Singh is King.

Movie started at a weak note with Akshay chasing a hen and overacting to look like a fool and giving a stupid scene.
After that in whole movie to bring humor, director tried to do lot of stupid stuff which looks less funny and more stupid. Director could have used Akshay more handsomley and still could have delivered humor.
I also felt that costumes were not justifying the characters. We can see the sidelocks and uncut hairs of Sikhs around the neck in those short turbans. In some scenes Akshay could be seen wearing nice turbans but most of the movies it was like South Indian Peta which Raj Kumar used to wear in Kannada movies. Kamal Hasan had much better costume in Sardar role in Dasavataram.

To justify the title of movie director has used some serious dialogue delivery to give message to viewers. Om puri played his small role well.

Very loose storyline, movie left hanging between the minds of viewers to decide whether it was funny or director is trying to deliver some message about Sikhs or whether it was about giving a new face to Sikhs.

Overall movie lost in all the three aspects.

I will give it 1.5 out of 5 stars. A poor movie at the end.