Punjab News Singer Miss Pooja debuts in a Punjabi film

chief

Prime VIP

PUNJABI by nature

Singer Miss Pooja debuts in a Punjabi film that releases today

Charming Gurinder Kainth, better known as Miss Pooja, has now added another feather into her cap. A popular Punjabi singer, Pooja is now donning a new avatar with the release of her Punjabi film today.

The lady is surely in command of things.

She was in Chandigarh to promote her film, Panjaban-Love Rules Hearts, a film by Leo One Productions. “The movie is a story of twin sisters, who share different perspectives in life and they set out to prove themselves,“ says the director, Gaurav Trehan.

“For a long time, my fans had been urging me to take up acting in films. And I finally did and now, I am really looking forward to my first commercial film venture,“ says Pooja smilingly, who is the only female singer to have produced 170 music albums in a span of three years.

On what makes Punjabi singers step into acting alongside singing, Pooja has a point to make, “The iconic popularity of Punjabi singers makes it easier for audience to connect. And each one wants to contribute their bit to flourish Punjabi cinema.“

Talking about the popularity of Punjabi cinema being lesser than that of mainstream Hindi cinema, Pooja says, “On one hand, people want to see rich Punjabi culture but on the other hand, they get better hooked up to `Hindi' as a medium of language than Punjabi.

Low budget of Punjabi films is another deterrent.“

The wide experience and exposure to industry has come handy for Pooja to fit into the acting mould. “Facing the camera wasn't tough for me. I hope the audience accepts my movie, as they accepted my singing. But singing will always be my first love,“ says Pooja, who has also crooned some songs in this film.

Next on cards for Pooja is playback singing for Bollywood.

“Given a chance, I too would want to work in this industry like Jaspinder Narula,“ says Pooja.