Simon Cowell courts Paula Abdul for X Factor

Lily

B.R
Staff member
738595422.jpg

Simon Cowell wants his new Fox talent series The X Factor to include controversy, vocal groups and, maybe, Paula Abdul on the judging panel.

"We've spoken to her, she knows I'm a big fan," Cowell said of his former fellow American Idol judge. "I've always said at some point we are going to be working together."

But, he added, "I have to take everyone's opinions into account," including the show's other producers and the network.

A decision about who will join Cowell on the four-member panel has yet to be made and won't be announced for another month or so, he said during an interview and teleconference about The X Factor.

The show debuts this autumn. Cowell, known for his sharp-tongued critiques, unsurprisingly said he favours shows on which "anything can happen."

"I rip up the rule that everybody pretends to be friends and they're all going to be pen pals for the rest of their lives, which is complete and utter nonsense," he said. "I like people who are ambitious, and with that comes controversy."

[/img][/COLOR]