Sikhs: do you believe in caste system

Re: ~#~Being Sikh: do u still blv in caste system>????????

i think when we talk about jatts then we r talking abt sub caste....we r already believe in caste system when we say we r sikh.........otherwaise we have 2 say it straightway dat we r simple human beings

Some1

Focusing on ________

jattpunjabi said:
i think when we talk about jatts then we r talking abt sub caste....we r already believe in caste system when we say we r sikh.........otherwaise we have 2 say it straightway dat we r simple human beings

:kin :kin :kin :kin :kin :kin

J@tti

..Majajan..

I don't believe in castes in the sense that I would never look down on someone just because he belongs to bla bla caste. But as my id suggests, I do say that I belong to a jatt family. Caste never comes into picture until people are talking about marriage. Out of caste marriage might raise eye brows :hyper

Some1

Focusing on ________

eyebrows ni baahla kush raise kardi aaaaaaa

lmaooooooo rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

full_taur

JaY said:
is it our fault if sainis and khatris and other ppl r not so proud of being who they r :an

Before commenting anything, just think what you are saying & writing.. & morever who said Saini's and khatris and not proud or anything... Kadi Punjab jaake vekho, Pinda de Pind saini'a te khatrian de ne..and they take pride in who they are & what they have done to the community...

& morever agar uh raula nai paunda ki they are saini's or khatri's it doesnt mean that they are not proud of what they are.. they just belive in SINGH's & KAUR's and i think everyone knows the reason why...

Just a thought, you said you are not biased on caste and you are not into caste system and all.. but this comment of yours clearly proves your point (or not)..... and most of people they are into caste & caste system weather knowingly or unknowingly...

Some1

Focusing on ________

:sleepy

im sorry but im not even gonna bother arguing back on ne of ur statements cuz i dont like ur debating style .. k thnx bye

peace out

full_taur

JaY said:
:sleepy

im sorry but im not even gonna bother arguing back on ne of ur statements cuz i dont like ur debating style .. k thnx bye

peace out

yeah even i dont like your way of putting up things and ur rudeness... and thats why i also dont bother to reply back to anything you say until & unless HADD HO JAYE... and then i have to jump in, to stop you from making more conclusions and being more wild in your thinking and more rude in your words...

Anyways peace out...

Some1

Focusing on ________

do i care about what u just said ? cuz all dat i said made more than what u said

nd even if u dont reply or u do reply do u think u can change the way i think ? i think by saying wateva u just said u just made sure that i keep thinking the way i think

and i dont write from mah imagination

i've heard ppl say "i wish i was a jatt" :sleepy

Some1

Focusing on ________

full_taur said:
Before commenting anything, just think what you are saying & writing.. & morever who said Saini's and khatris and not proud or anything... Kadi Punjab jaake vekho, Pinda de Pind saini'a te khatrian de ne..and they take pride in who they are & what they have done to the community...

& morever agar uh raula nai paunda ki they are saini's or khatri's it doesnt mean that they are not proud of what they are.. they just belive in SINGH's & KAUR's and i think everyone knows the reason why...

Just a thought, you said you are not biased on caste and you are not into caste system and all.. but this comment of yours clearly proves your point (or not)..... and most of people they are into caste & caste system weather knowingly or unknowingly...

main kadon kiha ke uhnaan de pin yaa khet ni :sleepy:sleepy

mainu punjab jaake vekhan di lor ni aa :sleepy

te pride everybody takes pride :sleepy ..

te moreova if saini's and khatris only believe in kaurs and singhs y is there a last name .. and y in matrimonial adds they say saini's only need to reply :sleepy

and how do u knw what i think and which of all my points truly says how i feel .. stop assuming on ur own :sleepy:sleepy

all it was was a reply to niki :sleepy

and ohk there !! :sleepy:sleepy:sleepy

full_taur

hehehehe!!!! anyways i am not gonna say anything more....as i said before that i dont wanna argue or anything with you, until & unless you say anything which is totally baseless (according to me, dont care about others).

You are free to think whatever u want too..but keep your thinking to youself, as your thinking often offend others...& this is a public forum, where anyone can read & write whtever he wants to.. so be careful... Anywyas there is no point in giving you a suggestion...

Cheers....:wig:wig:wig

Some1

Focusing on ________

public forum .. mean ill read and write nething i like .. if it offends someone gimme a valid reason .. and if ppl get offended just like that not my fault :sleepy

neil

W@TNO DOOR

great stuff.
to add onto that, GURU sahib de sari leela ohna ne pehlan ee decide keete se, ise layee taa panj PIYARE 5 different castes tun see

GeNie_iN_a_boTtLe said:
sowieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ma appologies..........menu lageya tusi keha ki do we differentiate bet people 4m diff religionz..........

well caste system........bullshit!!!!!!!! i juz hate it......sikhi taan caste system nu hataun layi banayi gayi c jido Guru Gobind Singh g ne panj peyareaan nu amrit chakaya c te o panjo hi vakh vakh caste de c te ona nu ikko baate ton amrit shakaun da matlab c ki sab nu purity de diti jaye te ik ho jaan........te fer haale v y does castes prevail in sikhism??????????

neil

W@TNO DOOR

jay and harjinder bai,

take it easy, if you people are not happy with each others views, i will suggest you to not to quote each others posts.
it is public forum and everyone has right to bring up their view and thoughts. we are not here for teaching.

chill guys.

as far as nikki's question about caste system is concerned............

i do not beleive in it, but once again its the zoo we live in, the society forces us to do that. i haven't seen anybody admitting that.

but on a good note, things are changing and changing really fast.

Ramta

Our claim that Sikhism is caste-free is simply untrue. Everyone knows that Sikhs have not ceased practising caste. The acknowledgement of caste identities was presumably acceptable to the Gurus, for the Gurus themselves married their own children according to traditional caste prescriptions. The anti-caste thrust of the Gurus’ teachings must be seen as a doctrine which referred to spiritual deliverance and a firm rejection of injustice or hurtful discrimination based on caste status. What is not implied is a total obliteration of caste identity.

Sikhs marry with Hindus of the same caste, while they still avoid marriage with Sikhs of different castes. Likewise, Sikh politics is largely divided along caste lines, e.g. the Akali movement is one of Jat Sikhs, shunned by low-caste Sikhs (who are called Mazhabi Sikhs, that is, Sikhs by religion alone, e.g. former Congress minister Buta Singh) and by the higher Khatri and Arora and Bedi castes to which the Gurus belonged.

Thanks

SHauKeeN GaBRu

Chardi Kala

for me religion does matter, but caste doesn't
have never used a surname...moreover, i dint even know the surname until few years ago...but aenna zaroor sochdaan SINGH rehna, te kisse Sikh naal hi vyah karana, no matter who she is...

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member

Aren't the reasons to marry within caste or religion quite similar ?

pps309

Prime VIP

A sikh should not believe in caste system.

Earlier I also used to boast about being jatt nd blah blah. I am stopping that personally.
I do not mind sitting, eating, walking talking making friends with any other caste guys.

Now comes the main question..having family relations with so called other castes. I doubt my parents for that.
Ppl accept guy marrying other caste gal coz she will come to your home but hardly accept their daughter marrying and going to so called lower caste home.

pselvas

hello friends,
I want to share some pictures with you that how general category people who believe in caste system spoils the life of one person who belongs to low caste family. Although I belong to general category but still I feel ashamed to be a general category. Without any reason we hate peoples. This is very bad. You will be surprised in foriegn countries, people who belong to general category like Jaats, brahmins, Khatris do the cleanup work I mean to say Jamadaraan wala Kam or we can say safai wala work, but in their own counties i.e. in India they discriminate people by saying "chuuraa". In India people who say that we are sharmas, brahmins or gupta, singlas ...., here in america or canada they eat beef(cow meat) and all do the low type work. I dont say the work is bad, but then why in India they criticize people and discriminate people?
I am also attaching one attrocity to a family. We should stand up and stop these bullshit things.