Sikhs and Christians in India

Few days back I read an article by Khuswant Singh regarding sikhs in India and comparing the community with christians.
Although I am not a great fan of his writings, but I liked his observation so sharing a brief out of it.

Christians are 3% of India's population, but their literacy rate is almost 100%.
Sikhs are 2% of India's population but their literacy rate is less than 40 percent.

Christians are not the wealthiest community in India but people from all sects including sikhs, love to send their kids to christian schools (read as convennt schools).
SGPC, the wealthiest religious mini parliament of Sikhs, is not able to come up with a single school or university with top notch reputation at national level.

Christians invovment in crime graph is much lower than the national avergae.
Sikhs are involved in all types of crime including alcohol abuse, drug peddling, girl child killing and many more. Everyday sikh leaders raise up the curtains from the crimes of another sikh leaders.

It is very much clear that 2 minority communities of same size are so different from each other. Sikhs being the wealthiest are going down the spiral of illitreacy, male supremacy, drugs and corruption. Whereas christians are progressive and well respected in social circle and government offices.

He predicts that Sikhi in India is no longer then 50 years from now.

P.S.- I am not against Sikhs or Sikhi. I liked his few observations, so putting it down here. Food for thought. :)

pps309

Prime VIP
True......but Khushwant Singh forgot to check number of singers Sikhs have, number of sabhyacharak melas we have in Punjab.
Look at our great stars (Manjit Rupowalia, Miss Pooja, Geeta Jaildar etc etc), they are servring so dedicatedly to our virsa. Enna lokka di din raat di mehnat lagi hoi aa Punajbi sabhyachar nu samaal ke rakhan ch :gulp

Reserved

I will put my thoughts on this topic in a moment.... i am just reserving this spot as i dont want my reply far bak in the topic.

I request the mods please dont delete my post.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
People preferring convents is nothing but a 'bhed chaal', Khalsa and Anglo-Vedic school,colleges are just as good as any convent.

True......but Khushwant Singh forgot to check number of singers Sikhs have, number of sabhyacharak melas we have in Punjab.
Look at our great stars (Manjit Rupowalia, Miss Pooja, Geeta Jaildar etc etc), they are servring so dedicatedly to our virsa. Enna lokka di din raat di mehnat lagi hoi aa Punajbi sabhyachar nu samaal ke rakhan ch :gulp

Religion and culture are two entirely different thing, not all Punjabis are Sikhs and vice-versa.

Most Sikh kids don’t even know the names of 10 Gurus. Without drastic measures I don’t see thing improving in the next 50 years.

sikhs rehndi duniya takk rehn ge, ih taan us time wi nahin mukkey, jadon innan de siran de mull paindey si!
You are getting emotional.
at that time sikh heads were important that's why they were tagged with price.
What about now?
At that time all those Sikh heads were fille with love, devotion to Guru and they were stictly adhereing the path of seva, kirat and wand chakan. Those heads were ready to get cut down but were not bowing down against kings of that time. That's why they were of some value and were price tagged.

Now-a-days sikh heads are worthless, they bow in front of any tom dick and harry who visits Punjab from abroad, sikhs have their own babas. These sikhs are sikhs of thiswala baba and that walababa. These sikh heads are not of Guru ke sikhs. They don't deserve a price tag.

These sikh heads do not have those minds which used to be worthy of some price tag. Today's sikh head packing (turban) might be much better than before but the content is adultrated.

You are getting emotional.
at that time sikh heads were important that's why they were tagged with price.
What about now?
At that time all those Sikh heads were fille with love, devotion to Guru and they were stictly adhereing the path of seva, kirat and wand chakan. Those heads were ready to get cut down but were not bowing down against kings of that time. That's why they were of some value and were price tagged.

Now-a-days sikh heads are worthless, they bow in front of any tom dick and harry who visits Punjab from abroad, sikhs have their own babas. These sikhs are sikhs of thiswala baba and that walababa. These sikh heads are not of Guru ke sikhs. They don't deserve a price tag.

These sikh heads do not have those minds which used to be worthy of some price tag. Today's sikh head packing (turban) might be much better than before but the content is adultrated.

Few days back I read an article by Khuswant Singh regarding sikhs in India and comparing the community with christians.
Although I am not a great fan of his writings, but I liked his observation so sharing a brief out of it.

Christians are 3% of India's population, but their literacy rate is almost 100%.
Sikhs are 2% of India's population but their literacy rate is less than 40 percent.

Christians are not the wealthiest community in India but people from all sects including sikhs, love to send their kids to christian schools (read as convennt schools).
SGPC, the wealthiest religious mini parliament of Sikhs, is not able to come up with a single school or university with top notch reputation at national level.

Christians invovment in crime graph is much lower than the national avergae.
Sikhs are involved in all types of crime including alcohol abuse, drug peddling, girl child killing and many more. Everyday sikh leaders raise up the curtains from the crimes of another sikh leaders.

It is very much clear that 2 minority communities of same size are so different from each other. Sikhs being the wealthiest are going down the spiral of illitreacy, male supremacy, drugs and corruption. Whereas christians are progressive and well respected in social circle and government offices.

He predicts that Sikhi in India is no longer then 50 years from now.

P.S.- I am not against Sikhs or Sikhi. I liked his few observations, so putting it down here. Food for thought. :)

22 ji jehriyan gallan tusi likhiyan ne main ohna nal bilkul sehmat han ki aj de sikh parivar apne bacheyan nu convent school bhejna jyada pasand karde ne...........

par 22 ji jo tusi ehna kuch angreji ch likya....tuhanu v eh topic punjabi ch likhna chahida c.....