Sikh man removes turban to help save a drowning dog

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
A Sikh man’s decision to break religious protocol and remove his turban to save a dog from drowning made headlines around the world on Monday. The act hailed by everyone on social media went viral.

Capture8-1.jpg

28-year-old Sarwan Singh noticed a dog was drowning in an irrigation canal in Punjab. But instead of just ignoring it, Singh decided to act on it. He immediately removed his turban to use it as a rope to rescue the dog. Singh also took a little fabric and created a leash to get around the dog.
After several attempts he finally managed to get the dog back on the land. Watch for yourself

It is a doctrine of Sikhism that one can only remove their turban at home or while bathing.
“The moment I started taking off my turban, people watching around were shocked. They thought I was disrespecting my faith,” he added, “but what was important at that point was to save the animal’s life,” Singh told The Independent.
Last year, two Sikh youths removed turban to saves 4 from drowning in Sullar Gharaat village of Punjab.