Sikh Kaum - Hindu hain yaa Muslim, isaayi ??

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Tilak was part of Guru Gaddi ceremony when the next Guru was anointed.

Baba Budha applied Tilak/Tikka to five Sikh Gurus, from Guru Angad Dev to Guru Hargobind . Tikka was applied to the foreheads of 7th, 8th and 9th Sikh Gurus by Baba Gurditta Randhawa, grandson of Baba Buddha ji. This ceremony in the case of 10th Sikh Guru was performed by Ram Kanwar Randhawa alias Gurbakhsh Singh.

Source:
The encyclopedia of Sikhism ,Harbans Singh.
gurbilas Chhevin Patshahi. Patiala, 1970
Bhalla, Sarup Das, Mahima Prakash. Patiala, 1971
Padam, Piara Singh, and Giani Garja Singh, eds.,Guru ban Sakhlari Patiala, 1986

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
ਨਾਵਹੁ ਧੋਵਹੁ ਤਿਲਕੁ ਚੜਾਵਹੁ ਸੁਚ ਵਿਣੁ ਸੋਚ ਨ ਹੋਈ
You may bathe and wash, and apply a ritualistic tilak mark to your forehead, but without inner purity, there is no understanding.

Is shabd karke kai keh dinde ke Tilak laana mana hai.
par fer ta Nhana / Dhona bhi mana hoya :p

Singh-a-lion

Prime VIP

Source:

Hun nanaksariye khende ohna ne guru granth cho gur nanak pargat kr lea te ohna di foto hor tara di bana ti,,,
Hun granth nu chad ke foto mohre beh jayie,,,
Ohna de source aa ohna de baba ji,,,
Sada source guru granth hona chaida,,non above dat

ਨਾਵਹੁ ਧੋਵਹੁ ਤਿਲਕੁ ਚੜਾਵਹੁ ਸੁਚ ਵਿਣੁ ਸੋਚ ਨ ਹੋਈ
You may bathe and wash, and apply a ritualistic tilak mark to your forehead, but without inner purity, there is no understanding.

Is shabd karke kai keh dinde ke Tilak laana mana hai.
par fer ta Nhana / Dhona bhi mana hoya :p

Ess shabad nu poora vichariye fer pata lagda gur nanak ji ne pandit de pakhand te chot kiti aa,,
Ehde toon pichli pangti vichariye taan pata lagda,,utto taan janeu pa lea par haiga pandit tu agyaani aa,,,
Jina marji nah la dho la,vadde vadde tilak la le,,par ehna naal mann ni saaf hona,,mann saaf naam naal hona,,

Same apply to us aswell,,jina marji janeu roopi gatre pa lao,,vaddi toon vaddi sri saab latka lao,,jina chir apne andro nai khojna ,tiratha te ja k mathe teki jayie kadah parshad chadayi jayie,rumale chadayi jayie,pakand kari jayie ke asi sikh aa,, gal ethe v nai ban di fer..
Sikh banan lai sirf sikh family cha janam lena bahut ni hunda,,
Kamoni pendi,andarli khed aa sikhi,,, bahri bhekh sikhi nai,,

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Ehde toon pichli pangti vichariye taan pata lagda,,utto taan janeu pa lea par haiga pandit tu agyaani aa,,,
Jina marji nah la dho la,vadde vadde tilak la le,,par ehna naal mann ni saaf hona,,mann saaf naam naal hona,,

Same apply to us aswell,,jina marji janeu roopi gatre pa lao,,vaddi toon vaddi sri saab latka lao,,jina chir apne andro nai khojna ,tiratha te ja k mathe teki jayie kadah parshad chadayi jayie,rumale chadayi jayie,pakand kari jayie ke asi sikh aa,, gal ethe v nai ban di fer..

You are absolutely right, nothing to argue here.

Tilak laan naal ja gatre paan naal rabh ni milna, par eh kite ni likhiya ke Sikh layi Tilak lana mana hai.

Chaa peen naal bhi rabh ni milda, eh bhi mana nahi :p

Singh-a-lion

Prime VIP
You are absolutely right, nothing to argue here.

Tilak laan naal ja gatre paan naal rabh ni milna, par eh kite ni likhiya ke Sikh layi Tilak lana mana hai.

Chaa peen naal bhi rabh ni milda, eh bhi mana nahi :p

Sikh nu aap v sochna pena ki changa ki maada,,khedi cheez pakhand aa kehdi nai.

Sikh useless things nai krda like tilak launa,
Hindu di nishani aa 12 tilak,,, nd mein hindu nai soo mein ik v tilak di nishani nai apnona chaunda

Te jo sikh di nishani aa mein ohde te poora uttarne di koshish krda pea...
Sikh de andrle jhagde jada jaroori aa jehde guru saab ne dasse :med

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
chalo aapo apni soch hai, we are all still learning.

from sggs:
ਸੰਖ ਚਕ੍ਰ ਮਾਲਾ ਤਿਲਕੁ ਬਿਰਾਜਿਤ ਦੇਖਿ ਪ੍ਰਤਾਪੁ ਜਮੁ ਡਰਿਓ ॥

Singh-a-lion

Prime VIP
Yes learning ,,,
Kuch jada sikh gaye jo kaafi agge nikal gaye tere te mahaj varge.
Kuch mere varge aa jehde khade hunde kuch sikhiye par fer uthe hi dig pende.

Mahaj

YodhaFakeeR

Source:

koi v pakhand bhavein o hindu kare..bahvein akhauti sikh oo pakahnd aa..... hindu ajj moorti pooja shadd deve..fer sanu hindu kahi jaye koi problem nai ....ajj jo v gurdwarea ch ho reha o ...pandit matt ee aa...gurmat te nai aa.....baki a tilak tulak alian gallan jhooth ne ....babe nanak ne jogia de tilak lava te ... fer app kida laa sakda c.... ik gurmukh de ander pargit hoea gyaan hi oda tilak hunda.....sikhi ee gallan ton upprer aa..sikh nahi ne te oda ki kar sakde

Sadhu

Tho Guru Nanak in d mool mantar calls God 'Ajooni' certain verses in d sikh scripture
prove other guru's had differing ideas. D following verse by Guru Tegh Bahadur proves
dat other guru's did believe dat God takes a human form, wich is a hindu concept.

Page 1082

He assumed the beautiful form of the blue-skinned Krishna;
hearing His flute, all are fascinated and enticed. ||9||

He is adorned with garlands of flowers, with lotus eyes.
His ear-rings, crown and flute are so beautiful.

He carries the conch, the chakra and the war club;
He is the Great Charioteer, who stays with His Saints. ||10||

The Lord of yellow robes, the Master of the three worlds.
The Lord of the Universe, the Lord of the world; with my mouth, I chant His Name.

- -
As to dis Tilak question... well, Guru Tegh Bahadur named his son Gobind,
meaning d tilak on d forehead of d cow. Figuritively, it means "protector of d cow".

Sadhu

I knew nobody will hv much to say to my post. It turns out dat d blue-skinned n d yelllow robed Krishna is
seen as a god-form by some of d sikh guru's, like guru tegh bahadur, who one sure wudn't want to quarell with.
Guru Tegh bahadur certainly was a hindu. D sikh scripture is proof of that. N d guru-granth after is d final word
on Sikhi. Not those pseudo-scholars or semi-literate granthi's. Least of all some khalistani granthi.
Do U guys kno that khalistan is just another name for pakistan. D former is arabic, d latter persian.
Bt they both mean d same: Land of d Pure. Every other land, including Canada is d land of d impure.
N, interestingly, d word taliban means d same as d word sikh. Taliban is urdu, sikh sanskrit... :)

Singh-a-lion

Prime VIP
Tho Guru Nanak in d mool mantar calls God 'Ajooni' certain verses in d sikh scripture
prove other guru's had differing ideas. D following verse by Guru Tegh Bahadur proves
dat other guru's did believe dat God takes a human form, wich is a hindu concept.

Page 1082

He assumed the beautiful form of the blue-skinned Krishna;
hearing His flute, all are fascinated and enticed. ||9||

He is adorned with garlands of flowers, with lotus eyes.
His ear-rings, crown and flute are so beautiful.

He carries the conch, the chakra and the war club;
He is the Great Charioteer, who stays with His Saints. ||10||

The Lord of yellow robes, the Master of the three worlds.
The Lord of the Universe, the Lord of the world; with my mouth, I chant His Name.

- -
As to dis Tilak question... well, Guru Tegh Bahadur named his son Gobind,
meaning d tilak on d forehead of d cow. Figuritively, it means "protector of d cow".

I knew nobody will hv much to say to my post. It turns out dat d blue-skinned n d yelllow robed Krishna is
seen as a god-form by some of d sikh guru's, like guru tegh bahadur, who one sure wudn't want to quarell with.
Guru Tegh bahadur certainly was a hindu. D sikh scripture is proof of that. N d guru-granth after is d final word
on Sikhi. Not those pseudo-scholars or semi-literate granthi's. Least of all some khalistani granthi.
Do U guys kno that khalistan is just another name for pakistan. D former is arabic, d latter persian.
Bt they both mean d same: Land of d Pure. Every other land, including Canada is d land of d impure.
N, interestingly, d word taliban means d same as d word sikh. Taliban is urdu, sikh sanskrit... :)

We all are quiet becoz of ur this reply in other post, :))
Sirre la gaya tu taan,,meri taan teeji akh khulne nu firdi c,ene gyaan naal :lol

D Indian constitution says we r hindu's b'coz d guru-granth says we r hindus. Guru-granth is d
only indian scripture dat categorically states dat d cow is nt to b killed. Dat makes us hindu's.
Guru Gobind Singh certainly was a hindu. He used to worship goddess chandi.
He also visited jwala-ji to perform a yagna(jajna). It's a hi8storical fact.

Singh-a-lion

Prime VIP
D Indian constitution says we r hindu's b'coz d guru-granth says we r hindus. Guru-granth is d
only indian scripture dat categorically states dat d cow is nt to b killed. Dat makes us hindu's.
Guru Gobind Singh certainly was a hindu. He used to worship goddess chandi.
He also visited jwala-ji to perform a yagna(jajna). It's a hi8storical fact.

Yaar ena gyaan kitho lea tu,:dr

onlycheema

Banned

So Sikhs are now Muslim too?
This actually provides even more credence to the fact that Sikhs are a derivative culture and not assimilated into any other faith.

Culture should not be smoke screened under the garb, we are not Hindus/Muslims. Sikhism is totally the anti-thesis of Hinduism. Sikh gurus viewed Hinduism as flawed, and rightly so. If you look at Hindu sources themselves and allow them to speak for themselves, there never was a beginning for time or karma or dharma. There is no origin in time for Hinduism according to Hindu philosophy itself. The Rig Veda talks of the eternal truth. The Brahmasutras talk about the validity of referents of Vedic words during the state of pralaya. Krishna, in the BG, informs Arjuna about the beginninglessness of dharma, self, prakriti and Himself. Harappans, the ancient civilization ate beef http://www.dli.gov.in/data_copy/upload/INSA/INSA_1/20005b64_119.pdf , so this self righteousness about cow being sacred is just another fictional account created by the cult which achieved majority.
Combine this with the fact that Tilak is applied with saffron, and saffron came to India through Iran. Kumkum is a loaned word from Arabic. So it looks like Hindus are infact muslims.

Sikhs are not Hindus or Muslims. My guru says so, in Guru Granth Sahib Ji:-

1)

If the Lord Allah lives only in the mosque, then to whom does the rest of the world belong? According to the Hindus, the Lord's Name abides in the idol, but there is no truth in either of these claims. ||1|| O Allah, O Raam, I live by Your Name. Please show mercy to me, O Master. ||1||Pause|| The God of the Hindus lives in the southern lands, and the God of the Muslims lives in the west. So search in your heart - look deep into your heart of hearts; this is the home and the place where God lives. ||2|| (Bhagat Kabir, Ang1349)

2) https://www.searchgurbani.com/guru_granth_sahib/ang/1136

"I observe neither Hindu fasting nor the ritual of the Muslim Ramadan month; Him I serve who at the last shall save. The Lord of universe of the Hindus, Gosain and Allah to me are one; From Hindus and Muslims have I broken free. I perform neither Kaaba pilgrimage nor at bathing spots worship; One sole Lord I serve, and no other. I perform neither the Hindu worship nor the Muslim prayer; To the Sole Formless Lord in my heart I bow. We neither are Hindus nor Muslims; Our body and life belong to the One Supreme Being who alone is both Ram and Allah for us." (Guru Arjan Dev Ji, Guru Granth Sahib, Raga Bhairon pg. 1136)

Sadhu

singh-a-lion and kidterra,

The Bhagwad Gita says:
The misguided ones who delight in the melodious chanting of the Veda
- without understanding the real purpose of the Vedas - think,O Arjuna,
as if there is nothing else in the Vedas except the rituals for the
sole purpose of obtaining heavenly enjoyment. (2.42)

and

To a Self-realized person the Vedas are as useful as a small reservoir
of water when the water of a huge lake becomes available. (2.46)

Dat doesn't mean Krishna was not a Hindu.

Ther always hv bin hindu's who dint believe in idol worship.
Ther ws no idol worship during d epic age(d age of ramayana n
mahabharata). Even Ram nvr indulge in ritual bathing or fasting.

Moksha or Mukti is attained thru ones karma in both hinduism n sikhism,
n not thru idol worship or ritual fasting or d recitation of sukhmani sahib.

N also Hindu's don't make idols of d supreme lord, whatever it is.
Idols r made only of devtas n d avtar's. D Guru is considered as
superior to both d devta's n d avtar's.

Finally d verse by Arjan dev dat U provided in ur post only proves my
point, dat d guru's themselves disagreed on many things. Guru Tegh bahadur
certainly disagrees wid arjan dev. His verses proves dat he saw d blue-skinned
n d yelllow robed Krishna as an embodiment of God.

U r nt quarelling wid me my friend. U r quarelling wid guru tegh bahadur.
But U can't do much about it. U can't edit d guru granth even if U don't
like parts of it. One other thing dat U won't like is dat according to d
guru granth d lord god arrived astride a 'garuda' to save namdev.

U'll hv to learn to liv wid d fact dat d sikh scripture believes in a god
dat travels astride a flying garuda saving his bhakts.

-

page 1166

Playing on the instrument of the feathered wings, the Lord of the Universe came,
mounted on the eagle garura. ||15||

He cherished His devotee, and the Lord came, mounted on the eagle garura. ||16||

The Lord said to him, "If you wish, I shall turn the earth sideways. If you wish,
I shall turn it upside down. ||17||

If you wish, I shall bring the dead cow back to life. Everyone will see and be
convinced."||18||

Naam Dayv prayed, and milked the cow. He brought the calf to the cow,
and milked her. ||19||

When the pitcher was filled with milk, Naam Dayv took it and placed it before
the king. ||20||

The king went into his palace, and his heart was troubled. ||21||

Through the Qazis and the Mullahs, the king offered his prayer,
Forgive me, please, O Hindu; I am just a cow before you.||22||

-

onlycheema

Banned
singh-a-lion and kidterra,

The Bhagwad Gita says:
The misguided ones who delight in the melodious chanting of the Veda
- without understanding the real purpose of the Vedas - think,O Arjuna,
as if there is nothing else in the Vedas except the rituals for the
sole purpose of obtaining heavenly enjoyment. (2.42)

and

To a Self-realized person the Vedas are as useful as a small reservoir
of water when the water of a huge lake becomes available. (2.46)

Dat doesn't mean Krishna was not a Hindu.

Ther always hv bin hindu's who dint believe in idol worship.
Ther ws no idol worship during d epic age(d age of ramayana n
mahabharata). Even Ram nvr indulge in ritual bathing or fasting.

Moksha or Mukti is attained thru ones karma in both hinduism n sikhism,
n not thru idol worship or ritual fasting or d recitation of sukhmani sahib.

N also Hindu's don't make idols of d supreme lord, whatever it is.
Idols r made only of devtas n d avtar's. D Guru is considered as
superior to both d devta's n d avtar's.

Finally d verse by Arjan dev dat U provided in ur post only proves my
point, dat d guru's themselves disagreed on many things. Guru Tegh bahadur
certainly disagrees wid arjan dev. His verses proves dat he saw d blue-skinned
n d yelllow robed Krishna as an embodiment of God.

U r nt quarelling wid me my friend. U r quarelling wid guru tegh bahadur.
But U can't do much about it. U can't edit d guru granth even if U don't
like parts of it. One other thing dat U won't like is dat according to d
guru granth d lord god arrived astride a 'garuda' to save namdev.

U'll hv to learn to liv wid d fact dat d sikh scripture believes in a god
dat travels astride a flying garuda saving his bhakts.

-

page 1166

Playing on the instrument of the feathered wings, the Lord of the Universe came,
mounted on the eagle garura. ||15||

He cherished His devotee, and the Lord came, mounted on the eagle garura. ||16||

The Lord said to him, "If you wish, I shall turn the earth sideways. If you wish,
I shall turn it upside down. ||17||

If you wish, I shall bring the dead cow back to life. Everyone will see and be
convinced."||18||

Naam Dayv prayed, and milked the cow. He brought the calf to the cow,
and milked her. ||19||

When the pitcher was filled with milk, Naam Dayv took it and placed it before
the king. ||20||

The king went into his palace, and his heart was troubled. ||21||

Through the Qazis and the Mullahs, the king offered his prayer,
Forgive me, please, O Hindu; I am just a cow before you.||22||

-

Except you are quoting selectively. The bani is about Bhagat prahlad and harnaksh Sakhi and Guru Ji is telling the story here, and not endorsing himself as being a hindu. You cannot cherry pick, but it is expected from a stooge like you.

PAGE 1165 - Gurmukhi to English Translation and Phonetic Transliteration of Siri Guru Granth Sahib.
PAGE 1166 - Gurmukhi to English Translation and Phonetic Transliteration of Siri Guru Granth Sahib.

Also Garur in Guru granth Sahib is addressed to soul's transmogrification, as this verse will tell you:- Sri Granth: Sri Guru Granth Sahib
Garuṛ sabaḏ mukẖ pā▫i▫ā ha▫umai bikẖ har mārī. ||1||

Sadhu

Except you are quoting selectively. The bani is about Bhagat prahlad and harnaksh Sakhi and Guru Ji is telling the story here, and not endorsing himself as being a hindu. You cannot cherry pick, but it is expected from a stooge like you.

PAGE 1165 - Gurmukhi to English Translation and Phonetic Transliteration of Siri Guru Granth Sahib.
PAGE 1166 - Gurmukhi to English Translation and Phonetic Transliteration of Siri Guru Granth Sahib.

Also Garur in Guru granth Sahib is addressed to soul's transmogrification, as this verse will tell you:- Sri Granth: Sri Guru Granth Sahib
Garuṛ sabaḏ mukẖ pā▫i▫ā ha▫umai bikẖ har mārī. ||1||

U'll do well if U stop taking lessons from toronto-khalistani-pakistani clowns..
The bani is abt Namdev being challenged by a sultan. It clearly states god arriving
flying on a garuda. I've underlined those sentences for ur convinience.
Guru Granth Sahib page 1166

BwMmmgvCQAAqUmAjpglarge-1.jpg

Khalsitani/pakistani losers can't do much abt it. They'll hv to learn to
liv wid d fact dat d guru's were hindu's. Guru Tegh Bahadur sure was..

onlycheema

Banned
^^Ad Hominem attacks without any substantial evidence or critique of the post. Who said anything about Khalistan? Why are you insinuating Pakistan in this post? Are you trying to say Islam is bad with that kind of insinuations? It is pretty bad when you have to resort to that kind of farcical language. It says everything about what religion you are of. Good going. Thank god we are not hindus, not pro in spreading hate like your ilk.
You won't elicit any emotional responses here. Guru's were not hindus, not by any measure, and my Guru Granth Sahib Ji tells so. Simple and clear for me.

Sadhu

Guru's were not hindus, not by any measure, and my Guru Granth Sahib Ji tells so. Simple and clear for me.

Yes, they were. N Guru Granth Ji says it all.

blessed, blessed is the blanket worn by Krishna.
Blessed, blessed are you, O mother Dayvakee;
into your home the Lord was born.

Raag Maalee Gaurhaa, Page 988

He plays the flute, and herds the cows;
Naam Dayv's Lord and Master plays happily.
O my Father, Lord of wealth, blessed are You, long-haired,
dark-skinned, my darling.

Raag Maalee Gaurhaa, Page 988

By the Pleasure of His Will, He took incarnation
as the great fish and the tortoise.
The Lord of beauteous hair, the Worker of miraculous deeds,
whatever He wishes, comes to pass.

Guru Arjan dev, Page 1082

I'm not making all dis up. U can check the sikh scripture on site of ur choosing.