Shilpa Shetty - Racism Complaints Soar!

SehaJ

Troublemaker
The alleged racist bullying of contestant Shilpa Shetty in Celebrity Big Brother has prompted almost 10,000 complaints and a motion in the House of Commons.

Labour MP Keith Vaz tabled an early day motion motion after members of his Leicester East constituency raised concerns.

It calls on the programme "to take urgent action to remind housemates that racist behaviour is unacceptable".

Media watchdog Ofcom has received 7,600 complaints relating to the alleged bullying - the highest number ever made about the show, and nearly the highest of all time - while Channel 4 has received a further 2,000 emails and calls.

Housemates Jade Goody, Danielle Lloyd and Jo O'Meara seem to have ganged up on the Indian beauty.

Monday night's show saw them mock her attempt to roast a chicken and initially refuse to eat it, claiming she had not cooked it properly.

Jo did impressions of Shilpa's Indian accent and complained that the actress had touched housemates' food with her hands.

"They eat with their hands in India, don't they - or is that China?" asked Danielle, adding: "You don't know where her hands have been."

Jade's mother, Jackiey, repeatedly referred to Shilpa as "the Indian" while she was on the show and refused to pronounce her name correctly.

Newspapers claim Jade has been dropped by an anti-bullying charity she has supported for two years because of her behaviour on the show.

A statement from the show said: "Matters of bullying or racial abuse in any form are taken extremely seriously by Channel 4 and Endemol. The nature of the show often includes incidents where conflicts arise and housemates are encouraged to resolve issues among themselves.

"Housemates are closely monitored at all times to ensure they have the appropriate support inside the house which includes being able to talk in confidence to producers. Shilpa herself has not voiced any concerns of racial slurs or bullying against her.

"Appropriate measures to reprimand individual behaviour would take place where necessary."

Source:Sky News.

SHauKeeN GaBRu

Chardi Kala
vaise kudi sohni aa:dr

par jo hoya thts sad :(

hun aennu lokaan di sympathy mil jani te aenne jit jaana :yj

je ae jit gayi fer India da naam ban jaana :dan

te Shilpa nu recognition mil jaani :joy
te aennu Hollywood to vi offers mil sakdiyaan :banana

AnZel TearZ

Hmmmmmmmmm...............
mera man kenda angrejo ko khada kar ke mar mar mar k afrika k jungle nal bhej du.fir pata chalega ki black white kya hota hai.
inko pata nai hai aaj bhi hamare hibdustan me agrej ko agar chhu bhi le to nahana padata hai,if they say us dog we believe they are red blood cocoroch.
sory but i cant see any indian hurt i love my country i love my colour n i proud to be indian i am gujarati i feel proud that my colour is brown.i am brown indian n i rpoud for myself n my country.
here i learn to talk here i learn to live here i learn to love, when i pass th'gh my gali's all face know me they r always smiling to see them my day lovely here i feel freedom.
evwery country has some problem but among all my country is best becoase it give me 100% power to speak sometimes more.
and i make my country 100% perfect if any1 with me or not.i pay my tax at time i never cheat any gvt. rule.i m going for vote every time.
here everything which i love n i proud that i m indian.
say by proud i m indian:speedy

jagdeepgill

this is really annoying. shilpa should have slapped all those ladies who were making fun of her indian accent and her cooking. vaise v it was not shilpa jo gai si big brother kol k she wants to participate in the show rather they wanted her on the show. moreover 'this indian' which they call her is getting highest paid in the show. i think all those girlls should be thrown out of the show but this is not being done. even why would they do so after all they are getting higher TRP's and people who had never watched the show must have started watching it. we should all support shilpa in this case coz this is not shilpa who is being disgraced but rather the whole asian and non-white community indirectly. just because these girls are white and belong to a developed country and shilpa to a developing one they should not consider her low. i think she is far better and beautiful and clean then those ugly ladies on the show. they must be thrown out and legal proceedings be done against them for promoting racism.