vIgRe sAnT :-)
- Boneless, skinless chicken, sliced very thinly -- 2 pounds
- Garlic, minced -- 3-4 cloves
- Salt -- 2 teaspoons
- Pepper -- 1 teaspoon
- Ground allspice -- 1 teaspoon
- Ground cardamom -- 1 teaspoon
- Ground cloves -- 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground nutmeg -- 1/2 teaspoon
- Yogurt -- 1 cup
- Vinegar or lemon juice -- 1/4 cup
- Mix all the ingredients together in a non-reactive bowl and set aside to marinate for anywhere from 1 hour to overnight. Drain and discard any excess marinade.
- To Broil: Heat an oven broiler to high. Spread the meat evenly in a single layer on an ovenproof pan. Set 4-6 inches under the broiler flame and broil until cooked through, 5-8 minutes. Stir halfway through to cook evenly.
- To Grill: Heat coals or set gas to high heat. Spread the meat in a grill basket and grill until cooked through, 5-8 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Serve inside folded pita bread with your choice of garnishes.
86.6 KB Views: 161