Satinder Sartaaj, First Turbaned Sikh on Red Carpet in Cannes Film Festival

BaBBu

Prime VIP

Decked up in a black formal suit, black turban & looking nothing less than a prince, Punjabi Sufi singer Satinder Sartaaj walked the red carpet at the ongoing Cannes Film Festival. The singer was visibly excited as he shared a video, while on the red carpet, on his Twitter handle, and also went down to tweet #TheBlackPrince #Cannes2017 Overwhelming response 4m d film industry. Honored to be the 1st turbaned person from India to walk on #RedCarpet.
Satinder Sartaaj, known for his Sufi numbers like Sai, Zikr Tera, Hazaare Wala Munda, Parlo Hai, makes his acting debut with the much-talked about film The Black Prince the trailer of which was unveiled at the 70th Cannes Film Festival on Saturday. The film, directed by Kavi Raz, also stars Shabana Azmi in the lead role.
The Black Prince is based on the last king of the Sikh Empire, Maharaja Duleep Singh. Also known as the Black Prince in the Sikh history, he was the last heir of Maharaja Ranjit Singh and the only son of Maharani Jindan.
When he was merely 10 months old, Duleep’s father, Sher–E–Punjab Maharaja Ranjit Singh, left for his heavenly abode. The movie, in English, Hindi and Punjabi, will hit theatres on July 21. The music of the film will be released worldwide by Saga Music. Unisys Infosolutions will ensure the digital presence of the music and other digital assets of the movie worldwide.
For the moment, it is Sartaaj who is almost short of words as he describes the big moment in his life. “The Black Prince trailer has garnered huge appreciation for which I am extremely elated and grateful to my fans for showering unconditional love,” shares Sartaaj.
The humble singer, however, doesn’t take credit for this day, “I express my heartfelt gratitude for each and every individual who made me what I am today.”
Sharing his experience on working on the film, Sartaaj surely had a great time working with his co-stars. “Undoubtedly, it was a great experience. In fact, working in this movie and the association with its people helped me know a lot about the cultures and traditions prevalent across the nations. I have created really beautiful memories and relations.” Sartaaj feels fortunate to have got a chance to play Maharaja Duleep Singh. “I take pride in hailing from the princely state of Punjab and marking it on world map.”​

BaBBu

Prime VIP
Re: Satinder Sartaaj becomes the first turbaned Sikh to walk at Cannes Film Festival redca