Sanjay Leela Bhansali can’t make us laugh

Lily

B.R
Staff member
images-63669.jpg

Director Sanjay Leela Bhansali loves tackling serious or romantic themes in his films. Though there could be a few moments of mirth in these films, the auteur himself admits comedy isn’t his cup of tea.

“I think it is difficult to make a full-fledged comedy film. I don't know will I ever make it. I never plan about my movies…I cannot say what will be my next,” Bhansali is quoted as saying by the news agency PTI.

The director’s next film Guzaarish is the story of a paraplegic who is paralysed neck down. He wants to end his misery through euthanasia, that is mercy killing.

“Euthanasia is a subject that has never been handled in Indian cinema before. It is a very important issue,” Bhansali said.

Having already directed films like Khamoshi and Black on similar issues and romantic films like Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Devdas, Bhansali says he likes to take up new subjects.

“I like taking up subjects that are closer to life…to which audience can relate but in an entertaining way. I don't want to bore my audiences,” he said.

Guzaarish is slated to release next Friday.
[/img][/COLOR]