SanDisk introduced its first iXpand Flash Drive with a Apple Lightning connector for iPhone and iPad last year. It is large in size and supports only USB 2.0. Now it has introduced a new iXpand Flash Drive that is compact weighing only 5.3 grams and also ha sa USB 3.0 connector for faster transfer speeds to Mac or PCs. It also has a redesigned iOS app to easily manage photos, videos and music.
Highlights of new SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive
- USB 3.0 for faster transfer speeds
- Flexible connector lets you plug it directly into your iPhone or iPad without having to remove the case.
- iXpand Drive app makes it easy to manage your photos and videos and also enables you to watch popular video formats
- iXpand mobile app automatically backs up your iPhone or iPad camera roll when the drive is connected
- Supports popular video formats (.WMV, .AVI, .MKV, .MP4, .MOV) so you can store and watch videos straight from the drive
- Comes in 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB capacities
Commenting on the announcement, Dinesh Bahal, vice president, product marketing, SanDisk, said:
People are using their mobile phones to capture tons of photos and videos, and more than 70 percent of users transfer files off of their iPhones to another storage location. Our line of mobile storage offerings can immediately help them free up space. With the new iXpand Flash Drive, people can spend more time using their iPhone to capture what they love, and less time worrying about how and where to transfer these photos and videos.