Same Gotra Marriages

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
people of the same surname have a common lineage (ancestor )
After how many generation should it be proper to marry within the same 'gotra' / surname ? 10,20,50 ???
Personally I feel such nuptials should be avoided.

Rano

VIP
biologically....je jaada close hove gene pool...then weird things happen...i noe a couple, ohna da same got siga...n their kids luk weird...n by weird i mean relli weird....
on a lighter note...mainu apne cousins de alava, mere surname da koi vi munda ya kudi ni mileya aj tak :lol viyaah te door di gal :lol

J@tti

..Majajan..
If its an arranged marriage.... then you can filter out the ones with the same surname

and if its love marriage... then you have bigger things to worry about than same last name. It would save the hassle of changing last names (if you were planning to do so)

I read somewhere that you don't feel attracted to those with same genes... but guess there are always exceptions. The only thing is you should see the doc before to make sure you know what you are getting into.... in some cases this leads to offsprings having genetic defects (like one leg shorter than the other)... however, you always have the option of adopting a kid.

onlycheema

Banned
Well passing the birth defects by marrying into same gene pool depends upon Consanguinity, how much DNA strands share common traits. But even then marriage should be avoided.
Viah dujji got ch e hona chahida.... as diljani said "gill wid gill people call them bro / sista"

userid50966

i seen few marriages in same like
sidhu\brar
because many gotts are derivative of big got like
toor-khosa are same , jhalli gill-sher gill-mud gill, and so-on
its very hard question to answer
my opinion on this is that untill and unless the girl or boy of same gott are not realtives close or even far its ok to do it,
but still avoid it if it is possible

mr.nanray

same gotra marrige nahi aa theek nahi aa bai chahe jo v aa jinniyan v generation agge chaleiyaan jaan bai per oh hai taan same blood aa ik baap di aulaad ne matlab kite na kite taan iko khaandaar nu belong karde ne