Sab Te Vadda Satguru Nanak - Shabad Translation

[SIZE=+1]ਸੂਹੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Soohee, Fifth Mehl:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]ਜਿਸ ਕੇ ਸਿਰ ਊਪਰਿ ਤੂੰ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਸੋ ਦੁਖੁ ਕੈਸਾ ਪਾਵੈ ॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]When You stand over our heads, O Lord and Master, how can we suffer in pain?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]ਬੋਲਿ ਨ ਜਾਣੈ ਮਾਇਆ ਮਦਿ ਮਾਤਾ ਮਰਣਾ ਚੀਤਿ ਨ ਆਵੈ ॥੧॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]The mortal being does not know how to chant Your Name - he is intoxicated with the wine of Maya, and the thought of death does not even enter his mind. ||1||[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]ਮੇਰੇ ਰਾਮ ਰਾਇ ਤੂੰ ਸੰਤਾ ਕਾ ਸੰਤ ਤੇਰੇ ॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]O my Sovereign Lord, You belong to the Saints, and the Saints belong to You.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]ਤੇਰੇ ਸੇਵਕ ਕਉ ਭਉ ਕਿਛੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਜਮੁ ਨਹੀ ਆਵੈ ਨੇਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Your servant is not afraid of anything; the Messenger of Death cannot even approach him. ||1||Pause||[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]ਜੋ ਤੇਰੈ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਾਤੇ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਤਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਕਾ ਜਨਮ ਮਰਣ ਦੁਖੁ ਨਾਸਾ ॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Those who are attuned to Your Love, O my Lord and Master, are released from the pains of birth and death.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]ਤੇਰੀ ਬਖਸ ਨ ਮੇਟੈ ਕੋਈ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਦਿਲਾਸਾ ॥੨॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]No one can erase Your Blessings; the True Guru has given me this assurance. ||2||[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇਨਿ ਸੁਖ ਫਲ ਪਾਇਨਿ ਆਠ ਪਹਰ ਆਰਾਧਹਿ ॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Those who meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, obtain the fruits of peace. Twenty-four hours a day, they worship and adore You.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]ਤੇਰੀ ਸਰਣਿ ਤੇਰੈ ਭਰਵਾਸੈ ਪੰਚ ਦੁਸਟ ਲੈ ਸਾਧਹਿ ॥੩॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]In Your Sanctuary, with Your Support, they subdue the five villains. ||3||[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]ਗਿਆਨੁ ਧਿਆਨੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਕਰਮੁ ਨ ਜਾਣਾ ਸਾਰ ਨ ਜਾਣਾ ਤੇਰੀ ॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]I know nothing about wisdom, meditation and good deeds; I know nothing about Your excellence.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]ਸਭ ਤੇ ਵਡਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਜਿਨਿ ਕਲ ਰਾਖੀ ਮੇਰੀ ॥੪॥੧੦॥੫੭॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Guru Nanak is the greatest of all; He saved my honor in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga. ||4||10||57||[/SIZE]​