Prep time: 12 hours 10 mins (including marination)
Cooking time: 45 mins
4 duck breast fillets (250g each)
160g apple, diced
160g mango, diced
200g pineapple, diced
potato fries, to serve
coriander leaf, for garnishing
For the orange-teriyaki sauce
5 tbsp soy sauce
10 tbsp light chicken stock
200ml fresh orange Juice
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. To make orange-terikayi sauce, in a saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil. Lower heat and reduce mixture for around 15 to 20 minutes until the sauce thickens.
3. Score duck’s skin at 2.5cm intervals in crosshatch pattern. Marinate duck breast in the sauce and leave in the fridge for 12 hours.
4. Remove duck breasts (reserve marinade) and pan sear
over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Transfer duck to a baking sheet and roast in the oven at 180°C
for 15 minutes, turning after 7 minutes and brushing with 0range-teriyaki glaze.
5. In a pan, melt butter and sauté fruit for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Serve duck breasts on a bed of fruits. Top with potato fries. Serve hot.