Revisiting 1984 on November 22, 2009

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa, WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh!

This November marks 25 years of November 1984 pogroms. This massacre in which thousands of Sikhs were burnt alive and property worth billions of rupees was destroyed in 3-4 days was so sudden that an ordinary Sikh had no inkling of what was coming. As gruesome and heart wrenching as it was, the ghastly massacre of Sikhs in Delhi and other states shall be repeated if we do not learn our lesson from it.
There are number of questions which are still awaiting answers. But at same time, number of Sikh youths feel that the true extent of the plight of Sikhs in India was never really explained to them in great detail.

To commemorate the memory of the victims of the November 1984 Sikh Massacre and to find the answer to questions such as
- What happened?
- When and Where it happened?
- What lead to these horrible events of November 1984? and
- Why its still important for Sikh nation to remember and demand justice after 25 years?
Along with our fellow Bay Area Sikhs, we invite you to join the following events:

» November 21, 2009
Screening of "The Widow Colony" at NAZ8 Cinemas 39160 Paseo Padre Parkway, Fremont CA
Time: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
For Tickets Call: (510) 579-9721 or (510) 299-7982
» November 22, 2009
Conference "Revisiting 1984 - Year of Sikh Genocide"
at 32083 Alvarado-Niles Road - Union City, CA 94587
Phone: (510) 489-2200
Time: 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
For more information call 510-621-3430 or e-mail
info@khalsafoundationusa.orgAlvara
After 25 Years - Revisiting 1984 | Khalsa Foundationdo-Niles Road

onlycheema

Banned
Good effort guys, educating about past when youths of today are learning blatantly from internet is important. Those questions are good enough as a starting and i really believe some guy there will shed enough light on them. We are powerful now, but we are forgetting roots. I hope it won't be a blatant propaganda thing. neutral perspective helps better than a brain washed mind. I won't be able to attend, i am nowhere near to cali. but i appreciate the effort of these guys.

Direstor of "The Widow Colony" and other speaker is going to put up their facts.
Those who are fighting for justice like H.S. Phoolka and others wil be honored.
There will be a one hour Q & A session for the audience.
We want participation from audience, we want them to gain knowledge, share knowledge, question and take something with them.

Khalsa Foundation organized the memorial event on 25 years of Nov 1984 Sikh Genocide.This event was preceded by the screening of movie titles "The Widow Colony" at Naz 8 Cinemas, Fremont, California on Sat Nov 21.
The conference related to nov 1984 sikh genocide, "Revisiting 1984" was held at Hotel Crowne Plaza, Union City California on Sunday, Nov 22. The stage was hosted by Bhai Amardeep Singh.Notable speakers on the conference were Bhai Balmeet Singh, Bhai Manmeet Singh, Bhai Ram Singh, Young Sikhs reading the testimonials of 1984 Sikh genocide victims and Jasbir Singh, witness of 1984 Sikh Genocide and Bhai Parvinder Singh, victim of 1984 Sikh Genocide.
There was a quiz conducted for the Sikh youths. The questions asked in the quiz were related to 1984 Sikh Genocide. the quiz was headed by the panel of 3 judges, Bhai Manmeet Singh, Proucer of The widow Colony, Bhai Ram Singh, Bay Area Sikh leader and a great sikh activist and Bhai Sukhcharan Singh, Sikh activist from Yuba City. The sikh youths participated very actively in quiz and answere the questions.
I am sharing video links of the conference.