Remember Jasleen Kaur case? Accused Sarvjeet Singh talks about how false complaints ruin m

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Remember Jasleen Kaur case? Accused Sarvjeet Singh talks about how false complaints ruin men's lives in India

jas647_112716101452-1.jpg

Sarvjeet Singh, now known as a harasser, thanks to a false case filed by a Delhi college student Jasleen Kaur, opened up about how tough and embarrassing life has been since the incident that happened fifteen months ago. Singh, supported since the beginning by Men's Rights Activist Deepika Narayan Bhardwaj, and Human Rights activist Kundan Srivastava, is now raising his voice on Kundan's online platform that helps people raise their voice against victimization, injustice, immorality and impropriety, The Voice Raiser.

WHAT HAPPENED FIFTEEN MONTHS AGO?

On August 23 last year, Jasleen Kaur, a student of Delhi's St Stephens College, posted a photo of a man on her Facebook profile, accusing the man of passing obscene comments at her and threatening her as she pulled out her phone to click his photo. Kaur wrote in her post that Singh said, "Jo kar sakti hai kar le. Complaint karke dikha, fir dekhiyo kya karta hun main". (Do whatever you want, complain against me and then see what I will do to you)."

Kaur's post went viral within hours and Singh was easily traced by the police and was arrested. Before he got arrested, however, Singh commented on Jasleen's post introducing himself as the man Jasleen is talking about, saying, "I was at the red light near Aggarwal Sweets at Tilak Nagar from where I had to take a left turn. Ms Jasleen stopped me and others saying they're helping control the traffic, and I said I am not jumping the red light, left turn is free, and if you want to jump the signal, it's your wish. The next thing I see is she pulling out her phone and clicking photos of my bike and me and screaming "I'll go to the cops tomorrow, you will know when they arrest you from your house"". He also wrote, "I know girls encounter eve teasing a lot, but that doesn't mean you can make false allegations about anyone."
But his appeal fell on deaf ears. Media was quick to make judgements and tag him as "pervert" and "harasser".

Meanwhile, Jasleen shot to instant fame for standing up to a harasser, Delhi Police Commissioner BS Bassi announced a cash reward of Rs 5,000 to Jasleen for her courage, and Delhi CM Arvind Kerjiwal congratulated Kaur, an AAP member, on Twitter.

kej_112716110251-1.png

In just a day, things started taking a U-turn when the police questioned, Vishwajeet Singh, an eyewitness. He vouched for the innocence of Sarvjeet in the matter and confirmed that it was Jasleen who verbally abused and misbehaved with the man. Social media users switched sides, actor Sonakshi Sinha, who initially supported Kaur, apologised to Sarvjeet and Delhi CM Kejriwal was called out for praising the girl before even a primary investigation about the case was completed.

son_112716110942-1.png

kej2_112716110942-1.png

re_112716110942-1.png

Realising things have gone out of hand, Jasleen, who still had many people believing her only because she was a "woman in need of help", tried justifying herself in Facebook posts. Dismissing the claims of the witness as false, she said the court will decide who's innocent and who's the one who wronged.

SARVJEET SINGH AFTER FIFTEEN MONTHS

In a video appeal on The Voice Raiser, Singh said, "It's not just about me now. It's about all those men who are stuck in false cases, most of them bearing everything by themselves because there is no one to help them bring out the truth."
Talking about how such some women use their gender as a tool against innocent men, Singh said, "It should not be about gender. If a man commits a crime, and a woman witness it, she should raise her voice. Same way, if a woman commits a crime, and a man witness it, he should stand against it. Women shouldn't have the luxury to accuse men of sexual assault only because of their gender, to escape from the truth."
Singh, 27, having the case registered against him, lost many job opportunities, and cannot even travel out of the city without informing the police. Thanks to the viral Facebook post and media coverage, millions now recognise him as a harasser, not everyone knows what the witness Vishwajeet Singh testified. He cannot explain the truth to everyone he meets either.