Ranveer Singh: Aditya Chopra scolds me

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Ranveer Singh, who got his break in Bollywood from Aditya Chopra, says the shy producer has never praised his work but, rather, has scolded him.

Singh made his acting debut with Yash Raj Film’s Band Baaja Baaraat followed by Ladies vs Ricky Bahl, and now he will be seen in Gunday, another film from the same production house.

“I feel lucky and fortunate to be working for Aditya. He is a great guy. But he has never said good things to me. He just scolds me. He just says good job and not more than that,” Singh said.

Gunday is set in Kolkata of the 1970s and it deals with two friends, Bikram and Bala, as they go from being small-time coal thieves to the black-marketing mafia.

Singh’s character, Bikram, is an angry young man. “I don’t know if my character is similar or inspired by anyone. Somebody who works closely with Yash Raj Films said to me that he gets a vibe of a young Mr Amitabh Bachchan by looking at me in Gunday. It is a huge compliment,” he said.

“Mr Bachchan is more than the reason for me to become an actor. I wanted to become actor because I used to watch Hindi films and was inspired by him. The cast and crew of the film were all youngsters so the atmosphere was energetic,” he added.

Produced by Chopra, Gunday also stars Arjun Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra and is slated to release on February 14.