Rakta Charitra is my most powerful film: Vivek Oberoi

chief

Prime VIP

Even though his wedding is just a week away, actor Vivek Oberoi is fully committed to promoting his film Rakta Charitra. He calls it his most powerful film till date.

The movie, directed by Ram Gopal Varma, has Vivek playing a character based on the slain Andhra politician Paritala Ravi. It’s an intense role with a lot of emotional turmoil for the character.

“It is the most powerful film I have ever done. It is a very relevant story and something that is happening in Indian heartland. For me it was a challenge to understand Ravi's degree of pain, which forced him to turn into a rebel,” Vivek is quoted as saying by a news agency.

The 34-year-old star added that the nuances of his character in Rakta Charitra made it an acting challenge for him.

“With my performance in this film, I hope to take my acting career a few notches higher from my Company days. After all it is the toughest role of my life and also marks my debut in Tamil and Telugu,” Vivek added.

Rakta Charitra faces tough competition from other releases this Friday - Hisss and Jhootha Hi Sahi - but Vivek is hopeful that the film will find its takers at the box office.