Rajinikanth admitted to ICU in Singapore

Tamil superstar Rajinikanth has been admitted to the ICU of Singapore’s reputed Mount Elizabeth Hospital. His health condition is reported to be stable.

Last night, a TV channel quoted Rajinikanth’s son-in-law Dhanush as saying that the 61-year-old actor was in a stable condition.

Before leaving for Singapore yesterday, the actor left a voice message for his fans - recorded by his second daughter Soundarya on her phone.

Rajinikanth said: “I am happily going about my routine. I will return as early as possible. How can I reciprocate the love you have shown for me? I get to act, for that you are showering so much love. How I will pay you all back?”

He added: “I will conduct myself in such a way that I will never let down my fans across the world. I have God’s blessings and the blessings of the guru. Above all, I have the blessing of all my fans who are the manifestation of God.”

Rajnikanth has been in poor health ever since he began shooting for Rana on April 29. Rajinikanth was first admitted to St Isabel Hospital and later on in Sri Ramachandra Medical Centre in Chennai.