Rahul Mukerjea frantically tried to trace Sheena Bora, reveal audio clips

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
sheenaborarahulmukerjea_20ee08fe509311e5-1.jpg

After Sheena Bora went missing on April 24, 2012, Rahul Mukerjea, the younger son of former media tycoon Peter Mukerjea and Sheena’s fiancé, kept trying to trace her, audio clips accessed by HT have revealed.
Rahul tried to register a missing complaint at three police stations. He spoke to his father and his stepmother Indrani Mukerjea, who is Sheena’s mother and stands accused of killing her. Rahul kept a record of all his conversations with Indrani and Peter.
The frantic calls he made, and replies from Peter and Indrani were recorded on his Blackberry smart phone. This later became crucial to the investigation when he submitted it as evidence, first before the Khar police and later to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Sheena, 24, was strangled inside a car and her body was dumped in the Raigad forest outside Mumbai three years ago.
The CBI chargesheet named Indrani, her former husband Sanjeev Khanna and driver Shyamvar Rai as accused. They were all arrested in August last year, after Rai allegedly confessed while he was being interrogated in a different case.
Since the arrests, questions were raised over the television baron’s claim that he never knew his step daughter was dead.

Below are the excerpts from the phone transcripts:

Peter: More to say…Nothing more to say…nothing more to you know…haa…add to this. All I am saying to you

Rahul interrupts (As far as)

Peter: All I am saying to you

Rahul interrupts again (As far as)

Peter again says: All I am saying to you

Rahul (interrupts again): As far as you are concerned what has happened?

Peter: What?

Rahul: As far as you are concerned what is it? Tell me again. Just clarify it

Peter: No…no…what…what…what..wha..wha…what are you saying?

Peter: as far as I am concerned what?

Rahul: Ya what has happened…what has happened to Sheena?

Peter: As far as I am concerned what has happened to Sheena is that she has gone on her own accord somewhere and she doesn’t want to be in touch with anybody right now.

Rahul: Riight

Peter: That is my…That is my understanding

Rahul: Ok

Peter: Whether you think…Whether you think that this is completely out of character or whatever…I..i have no way to believe whether it is out of character or not coz I don’t know her as such. I don’t know what her character is.

Rahul: I do, her friends do

Peter: So you do. Alight. You do. She has a character from your point of view. Fair enough. You have…ah…your…your understanding of the situation. I am telling you my understanding. Right. Whatever the situation…whatever the understanding I have. After that…what…what can I say to you? I have nothing more to add.

Rahul: Hmmmm

Peter: My suggestion to you…and it is only a suggestion… advice to you guidance...if that is what it is…leave it alone…she will come back when she wants to come back…if she hasn’t been in touch with anybody and she’s gone off and you know wants to be…wants to be in…wants to be in hiding…She wants to go with somebody…may be she is with somebody…maybe this somebody is an imaginary person…I don’t know and I don’t want to at least. That is her look out. Right. Her choice. Here’s the matter….as I said we got bigger fish fry…you got other things to do…wait till the time is right and she will either come back to you or she will not come back to you. (A car honks in the background). That’s it now…you…you can go turning the whole world upside down. Go right finding out who, where, what, this, that. You might…you might some clues and you might find Sheena. Good. Then what happens after that. You will be…then…you will be satisfied that…haaa…she is okay.

Rahul: Yeah

Peter: Right

Rahul: Exactly

Peter: Ok. Now…After you done your search and you don’t find her because she has covered her trails nicely then what happens? You still…you know…three weeks later…two weeks later…one week later…whatever period of time later…everybody has done all the homework here and still haven’t been able to find her…for whatever reasons…where she’s gone?...what she’s at…What happens?

Rahul: Then Papa

Peter: Where does it…Where does it lead to?

Rahul: See Indrani was the last person to see her. Okay.

Peter: Indrani was. So she was the last person. So Indrani will say that listen I dropped her outside…aaa…aaa…Amarsons (Indrani in the background says who is the last person who she contacted) And then who is the last person she contacted after that. (Indrani prompts again saying ‘Rahul’). She send you a message

Rahul: Ya

Peter: And then she sent…she sent Indrani a message also. (Indrani prompts again ‘Dead of the night may be’) Yes late night on that night. So

Rahul: Tikh hein…She sent. She sent me a message in the morning as well. Actually.

Peter: haa??

Rahul: She sent me a message in the morning and then 45 minutes after that the messages were all very different. (Indrani says something in the background which is not audible)

Rahul: Alright. Anyway

Peter: So…pauses…..

Rahul: If something is happening within that 45 minutes timespan

Rahul: And we’ve known it. In that morning message she said XX… And then basically no more message from her… And something happened 45 minutes after that I got a message which is completely different and…pauses…and a bit weird. So you see…You see what it is…I mean

Peter: Sorry…I don’t know…you…you coming to Goa or what..(Indrani talks in the background)

Rahul: I don’t know

Peter: Ehhh

Rahul: I don’t know

Peter: What

Rahul: I don’t know yet. I am not sure

Peter: Alright when you are sure decide what you want to do. And you come to Goa, you tell me you want to come here…want to be together…take it overnight…See you…I will do that…Come here…Come and meet everybody…Come and talk…then what you have to say or whatever you want to say you…no..no..no..no issues…

Rahul: Hmmm

Peter: I have…you know…

Rahul: We can keep it here (goes inaudible with Peter trying to talk as well)

Peter: Let everybody…whoever who meet here too…whoever you talk to…let them tell you what their view is…decide what you want to do after that nah…You are a grown man…you can do whatever. Rahul.

Peter: You don’t need…You don’t need my advice or anybody’s advice to do whatever you want to do. So go ahead and do what you have to do nah.

Rahul: Wha…whaa..whaa…

Peter: That’s what I am saying to you…You want to do that and spend your time doing that…go ahead

Rahul: Doing what?

Peter: Not a problem. Doing whatever you want to do? Whether you want to come to Goa…you don’t want to Goa…You want to stay in Bombay…You want to stay in…you know…go to Dehradun…Next

Rahul: All I want to do is hear from Sheena…I said

Rahul: Hello…Hello (and the phone disconnects)

Later

Peter: Hello

Rahul: Haa

Peter: Ha…we got…we got disconnected.

Rahul: Yeah

Peter: So…you know…(goes inaudible and incoherent)..You want to come to Goa…come to Goa…Come

Peter: I am more concerned about that right now. I am not concerned this other thing. Because that will..(Rahul says ‘Whatever’) murdering time.

Rahul: Where Sheena is? Sheena’s disappearance. And that’s the only thing I am concerned about. There is nothing I need to clear myself. There is nothing I need to think about (Peter talks in the background: If she had not send you…If she had not send you…Excuse me)

Rahul: (Raises his tone) Papa listen it’s not just me okay. It’s not just me…all of her friends…Right…her Facebook…her internet…her work…they…people from her work have come home looking for her saying that she is very conscientious at work. She has never missed a day in three years. She has never missed a day without informing. Now she’s been gone for more than two, three days and she hasn’t informed anyone. This is why it is out of character. Can you hear what I am saying and take it in.

Peter: I am hearing what you are saying…I am hearing what you are saying…if your…if her work people feel that…then that is absolutely fine…let them go and…let them…let them inform whoever that she’s not come…she’s not come to work. They come looking for her at her home address which is the right thing for them to do. Right?

Rahul: Yeah. Exactly

Peter: She’s not…She’s not been active on Facebook or you know…her BBM (Blackberry Messenger)…I don’t know if she has a Blackberry or not or whatever…but she has not been active on any of those..huh…you know any of those internet things…then she has to be…you know…either it is intentional that she is not doing so and she is just kind off…by herself.

Rahul (interrupts): She was…she was…she was supposed to collect a Blackberry and a dongle from your ex-head of security. What was his name? (Goes inaudible). After she met Indrani the first time she was saying that she can organise a Blackberry for her. I think she had a couple of messages back and forth from this chap. What’s his name, I can’t remember? Sachin or Suhel or something or someone like that. (Indrani is heard saying chuck it)…

Rahul: Hello (Phone apparently gets disconnected)

Later

Peter: Hellooo

Rahul: Hi…hi

Peter: Hi darling

Rahul: Very bad luck

Peter: I know. We are in the (Indrani gets into the conversation makes the talk inaudible)

Peter: There was a bad patch…you know…on the drive back home

Rahul: Oookay

Peter: That’s why it was all bouncing around…the signal and everything.

Peter: What..what Indrani is saying that Sheena had told her that there is this person by the name of her boss…by the name of Mr Mukerjee at work

Rahul: Yeah…ya ya…Correct

Peter: Right. And that she was going to inform him (Rahul goes hmm in the background) of her decision to resign or whatever

Peter: okay.

Peter: Now I don’t know whether she has done that or not.

Rahul: No she obviously hasn’t

Peter: Or whether. Oh she hasn’t. But if you can give him a call and ask him if Sheena has (Indrani prompts saying: contacted him) or made any contact or

Rahul (interrupts): Papa…Papa…they have come to me. It’s not me. They have come here looking for her. She obviously hasn’t. (Peter in the background says: No…no…I know) How can I call him up and ask him suddenly. She hasn’t informed her boss…coz they are looking for her.

Peter: Ya. Well that the thing. No for me… I am just telling you what Indrani has said…that this is the guy who she uses the name…he is the person I will be resigning to. This is the person I will be giving my resignation. But obviously she’s not done that

Rahul: That’s not something she mentioned to me. She was on board…she was on the way to getting promoted…She’s got a placement in Oxford Brookes University in January

Peter (interrupts): No…no… no… no… no…I am saying… this is what she told…this is what she told Indrani.

Rahul: Listen. Listen I am telling you what she has told me now…Okay…She was

Peter: What she told you?

Rahul: Ya what she told me. I’ll tell you that. She…hmm…she had

Peter (interrupts): Shall I put it on a speaker phone?

Rahul: No no. Why? Where is the need?

Peter: No. Only because then Indrani can hear it also. I don’t have to repeat it…the same thing over to Indrani. Right

Rahul: Okay

Peter: About this part of her work…you know… related thing. Just wait

Peter (after putting the phone of speaker mode): Hello

Rahul: Hello

Indrani: Hi Rahul. We can hear you. Tell me?

Rahul: Accha. Now what Sheena has told me with regards to all this (Indrani in the background says ‘Yeah’) is that she had…she has got a place in Oxford Brookes University…but it’s not until January. Clear his throat.

Indrani: Correct

Rahul: And she told me that you Indrani had suggested to her… to look around elsewhere… to look at other different universities also… there are better places to go to

Indrani: Ya

Rahul: Ya. And… And… And her work as far as I know she was doing very very well… She was on her way to getting a promotion…she got rate excellent recently…there is no reason why she would drop her…hmm… a job and disappear without informing anybody…Its just completely (gets inaudible as Indrani starts talking)

Indrani: Yes She did not inform. That’s what I want to ask. Last time what she had told me Rahul that is what now…now…that is exactly what I was telling Peter. I said if she has not informed anybody at work also then it is a bit concerning. Because what she had told me that I don’t know if there is anybody by the name of Mr Mukerjee. Is there anybody by the name of Mr Mukerjee at work?

Indrani: Ya so she said…so I think…you should probably check with him…I don’t know…she said that I am going to inform him that…you know…I am not going to be coming in for work or whatever and will let him know…tomorrow I will let him know…so that was what her conversation with me was… so beyond that I don’t know. So you might want to just check if at all she has informed him, not informed him

Rahul (interrupts even as Indrani goes on): Obviously she hasn’t

Indrani: Call then… it’s a bit of a…you know…then…we can open…whatever we want to do…whether kind of inform…or let it be…or whatever…that we can take a call. Okay. But if she is informed

Rahul (interrupts): We can’t inform. Who can we inform on behalf of her? We cannot
inform her bosses anything

Indrani (tone get higher): no no…not inform…no… no… no… no…Rahul…that is not what I am saying. I want you to check whether she has informed Mr Mukerjee or whatever this persons name is…who her boss is…whether she has contacted him…indicated she is coming to work…not coming to work…whatever…just check that…that is because now we are concerned…I am concerned…okay…that is why I am asking you check…I don’t know who this Mr Mukerjee is

Indrani: Okay…whether…I don’t know…whether there is a Mr Mukerjee who exists there. Now you are saying there is a Mr Mukerjee. So if there is a Mr Mukerjee…so you just check no...

Rahul: Ya I mean…I…that’s what…like…Indrani if she had informed her boss at work then he would surely have not send people looking for her know

Indrani: No no…just check no…Rahul…why don’t you just check once…till you have not spoken to him you don’t know no…(Peter says something in the background…inaudible) Who is the person ok…was it Mr Mukerjee who came

Rahul: She took one day off..okay

Indrani: Sorry…she took one day off

Rahul: She took one day off…and she hasn’t returned after that

Indrani: On when

Rahul: That’s what the people from Reliance just told me when they were here

Indrani: Ok…did take…so who did she inform…she took a day off

Rahul: She took one day off

Indrani: When

Indrani: So when

Rahul: in the past three days…I am not exactly sure which day it was…but she took one day off and since then she hasn’t returned to work, and it has been three or four days now. So obviously they are concerned.

Indrani: So can you find out who this Mr Mukerjee is…so that we can also contact and find out…if you can find out

Rahul (interrupts): Indrani…I am… you can do that also…you guys know more people than I know. You guys know all of them…

Indrani (interrupts): No no…but do you know…do you know Mr Mukerjee…Do you know Mr Mukerjee at all…who is he whatever…do you know

Rahul (Cuts in): Ya I know…ya I know of him

Indrani: Then we…Peter give him a call and find out that has she informed…has she not…informed whatever…we can do that…toh…so that it gives all of us…we know that if she has informed him…then we know that she is okay…you know resigned and left…okay…otherwise if she has not informed him…that is all I want to know

Rahul: Okay. Well I mean…I don’t think she has because that what they have come her for

Indrani (interrupts): Okay Rahul

Rahul (continues): To find out where she is

Peter: Rahul…who is the…who is the guy that came

Rahul: Ahh….when…just now

Peter: Ya

Rahul: I…I…I am not aware…they were Reliance people

Peter: Ya…do they give you a card or did they have something

Rahul: Ya they had their Reliance Id’s…I don’t remember their names

Peter: Ok..so you don’t know who they are as in they have not left a name, number…nothing

Rahul: Well No…they said they will be in touch…they said if we can’t locate her I will have to come to the police and we will be in touch. That’s all they said
Peter: Ya they don’t have coming to you if she arrives suddenly arrives and you get in touch with her…you don’t know who to contact right?

Rahul: If what? If what?
Peter: What I am saying is that she suddenly appears and you have to let the Reliance people know that

Rahul (interrupts): Do you Papa…do you…do you remember a year ago…a year ago or some while ago you asked me a question standing outside Marlow I think it was. You said what would happen, how would you feel…what would happen if Sheena just disappeared one day? Do you remember?

Peter: Aaaah?

Rahul: You remember asking me that question?

Peter: I probably…I don’t remember… but ya I could have well have done. Yes

Rahul: No surprise. Fine (As Peter continues to speak)

Peter: What if she suddenly disappears in the sense that what if she suddenly decides to…you know…carry on.

Peter: Right. My question to you is something different. My question to you is where is…haaa…hmmm…who is…if you have know this Mr Mukerjee or if you have ever spoken to him

Rahul (interrupts): I know. I know

Peter: No. Have you spoken to anybody at the work place? Anybody?

Rahul: Ya it just kind of her home. Aren’t they?

Peter: Darling I know you are saying that…but who are they? Who is they? Is there a name so that I can call

Rahul: No. Not really. They gonna do their own investigation and so they probably would have been in touch with you I would have thought, if they can’t locate her
Peter: So you don’t have the name of the person who came!!

Rahul: Nooo…I forgot to take the name. I just told you. I am in a bit of state myself with worry and what not…so I…I didn’t take…take their names…they took my number…they took my name…and they took some other personal details of Sheena’s family members and what not…and they said they are looking… you know…they will try and locate her and if they can’t then will do what they have to do…they will inform the police and then it all goes from there…

Peter: Right. Fair enough. I guess we will…if they are gonna do that we will be able to find out nah…we will be able to locate her somewhere

Rahul: Ya I hope so. This is what I hope so

Peter: No no…that’s what I am saying…if the Reliance guys are working on it then that’s fine…it’s a good thing…if they cant find her or say can find her…then you….(long pause)…I mean…the point is you need to know where Sheena is right

Rahul: I don’t need to know where is okay…I need to know she is okay…

Peter: Fair enough. Understand it. She is okay….she is…she is alright…yaa.

Rahul: Yaa

Peter: So if the Reliance…I am just trying to…you know…ahhh…process this in my head that if Reliance guys have come because she is not shown up at work then clearly the reading in my head is that she has not resigned from. She has not sent a letter

Peter: She is not yet informed them and she has just not showed up at work. Which means that they have got concerned and they waited another day or two and now they have shown up at her home to say where is Sheena.

Rahul: Ya. Correct. Ya

Rahul: Correct

Peter: They have not come looking where is Sheena, but they have come looking for her…She has not come to work or whatever…Now the thing is…which indicated that she is not in touch with them

Rahul: That’s what I am saying to you
Peter: And now if they find that….if now they….now they not met her just now…if they…haaa…haaa…then pursue their…you know…investigation and find out where they go look for Sheena

Peter (continues): directly by themselves or the police’s help or whatever…Right..

Peter: then one they find out…in due course…they will find at least something…they will either comeback clueless and say she has disappeared

Peter: Right…without trace…or…that…haaa…you know…

Rahul: Then do you think you care? Then do you think you worry may be? If that’s the case

Peter: If that is the case then of course I will worry where she is

Indrani (chips in): Whatever…I want to find out who this Mr Mukerjee is…now that you are telling me that we have to find out no!!

Peter: I can call Reliance and speak to Mr Mukerjee (Indrani is heard in the background saying ‘ya’) but I don’t have no number nothing. I don’t a have her work number.

Rahul: Ya…neither do i. I have never spoken to him…So…I don’t know
Peter: Did these guys leave a work number…business card or something

Rahul: No…they said. No they didn’t. Otherwise I would tell you. They just said that they will get in touch

Indrani (interrupts again): I am looking for anyone at her work place… anyone at her work place…you know

Rahul: I don’t have anybody’s number. No..

Indrani: Ok. Alright. Anyway let me find out…let me find out because she mentioned this name Mr Mukerjee…she has got a boss called Mr Mukerjee whom she is going to inform about his…you know… so let me just check out who this Mr Mukerjee is and Peter and myself will chat and …you know… she is informed him then we know she is fine no…if she is not informed him then step gap we can fight what we want to do right…

Rahul: We have to… we have to find her

Peter: If she has spoken to Mr Mukerjee or informed him then…Mr Mukerjee…and we will find out when…if at all she has done when she did..(Indrani says ‘Correct’)…and when this communication went to these guys who (Indrani says ‘That’s all’) who came knocking on the door. Do you have her office phone number. (Indrani prompts)

Rahul: No. No. I don’t. I used to talk to her on her mobile no.

Peter: You talk to her on her mobile

Rahul: Yaaa. So its all off now. So I don’t have another office number and all

Peter: Hmmm

Rahul: Ya. You know I cant help in that regard. I don’t know

Peter: Fine

Rahul: Just you know…We got to find wherever she is and see that she is safe

Indrani: Somebody has worked with she knows no…she doesn’t know..(inaudible)

Rahul: People from…People from Reliance came and they said she phoned and she took one day off…no they didn’t say she phoned…they said she just took one day off and she has returned since then…its been several days and they are very concerned…its very out of her character…so then taken personal numbers and details of her family from me…and… they gonna…gonna…sort of…start their own investigation

Peter: Did they say which day she took off?

Rahul: Nooo..No…no…no…if it was…they would have…obviously…must have been the first day she was missing presumably right…the first day

Peter: No Rahul…today is Saturday…and the first day that she had

Rahul: What night did she have dinner with Indrani?

Peter: What night? Haaa…would have been the night…haa…which night was it? The
dinner…she had dinner with…the evening…

Indrani: She did not have dinner with me yaar…

Rahul: Ok No. No drink…or whatever or jewellery shopping or whatever…what night was it when she met Indrani?

Peter: 25th Indrani went to Kolkata. So it was the 24th night

Rahul: So then she must have taken…she must have…if she did inform she would have taken the following day presumably…having had late night or whatever

Peter: Presumably

Rahul: And then. Since then…she hasn’t been in touch. She works on Saturday as well…huh…so today is a working day for her. So today another day she has been missing.

Peter: Right.

Peter: She would have taken an off on 25th

Rahul: Presumably. I am presuming what would have been the logical thing

Peter: Ya presumably

Indrani: Says something (inaudible)

Peter: No if she has taken one day off and then not

Indrani: Then that’s the thing for him to find out know whether she has taken one day off or..(Inaudible)

Peter: Are you hearing this?

Rahul: No quite did not hear what Indrani was saying but

Peter: What Indrani said was that she wouldn’t have…if she…if…it’s a big if

Peter: If she’s taken 25th off then she would have spoken to somebody either on the 25th morning

Peter: To say that…I am not coming into work today

Rahul: Correct

Peter: Or…

Rahul: It would have been too late in the night before to call and inform so she probably would have done it in the morning
Peter: Ya it would have been too late to call a night before so on the following day if she took that day off then she would have…she would have…taken that day off and she would have called from wherever and she would have called somebody. Now I wouldn’t mind to know who that somebody is…that she informed…that she was taking the day off.

Rahul: Ya. Exactly. Me too. She’s got several bosses you know…the manager…the head of the department and whatever…whoever there is…I don’t know. Sorry

Peter: Ya

Rahul: I don’t know who she would have informed
Peter: So I don’t know…I don’t know really where to start…who to talk to…

Rahul: Hmm

Peter (continues): At Reliance. And which number to call…to say look

Rahul: To say

Peter: What?

Rahul: To say…to say what?

Peter: To say that Sheena took a day off, which day she took the day off, when did she call and who did she speak too on that day…to inform them that she is not coming into work that day. Who she spoke to..Understand…I cannot speak to that person no

Rahul: I don’t know. I can’t help you on that man

Peter: (inaudible)

Rahul: Can I call you back?

Peter: Ok

Rahul: Hello…hello… hi

Indrani: Hello, Rahul…hi…hi. Ok listen two things now. I said I should give you a quick update on two things. One is we managed to find out who this Mukherjee’s name is. Mr Shubodhoy Mukherjee (Sheena’s boss at MMOPL).

Indrani: We also managed to get his telephone number. We have contacted him.

Indrani: and what he said...that apparently on 25th Sheena did inform him that she was going to travel, and not coming to work….She did not specify why she needed a day’s leave…she said ‘I am travelling on some personal matter, or whatever….so I cannot be coming to work whatever.’

Indrani: (as supposedly told by Col. Mukherjee.) No this is something new…way of form. So now I (Col. Mukherjee) have got only two concerns. All my office stuff is lying there, datas, and she has not officially resigned… That all my concern is that all my office stuff is there…wherever she is staying….So I need, you know, an official resignation to take over the payroll and things. Rest of all are your family matters, whatever it is.
But in the meanwhile, because I (Indrani) was also asking him (Col Mukherjee), because now I am getting little bit concerned, because I asked if she has contacted anybody else, and he said that she has not contacted anybody after that. So what I have done, because Papa is sitting here and thinking, what is the best thing to do is… at least what we think… to find out if she cares to contact… She doesn’t have to contact us. We need to know where she is. Where ever she is… at least find out where she is. That is all. So what we have done is we have in fact talked to Papa’s friend Bharti, who is head of the Crime Branch.

Indrani: We have called him just now. And he said, ’to write a missing report because we know quite a bit at this stage. If you are interested to find out location whatever, lets find. You give the mobile details.’ So we have given mobile details. He even wanted your number, details. Not going to call you or anything, you know. Basically says, you are the last people she has contacted.

Indrani: because from that they can basically get a sense of location….that if she left Bombay. Because from the phone they can get detail…even if she pulled out the sim they will be able to tell.

Rahul: okay

Indrani: We can see now that if she is Bombay then you know… you know…she is in Bombay or wherever you know…wherever she is in… she was talking about Nagpur. Sheena’s papa told me she told you something else about Nagpur

Rahul: ya

Indrani: Anyways she was not there

Indrani: Because I had asked her to come to Goa because I am looking for a property in Goa. I said why don’t you come along to Goa with me for this thing…. So now the next step is going to Mr Bharti...he is going to get back to us by tomorrow. And I also told Mr Shubodhoy that yet she touches anyone then we will see…then of course his concern is only basically official point of view. Okay… But he said ‘I can understand…give me a little bit of background to whatever is… I can see this is a personal thing and I don’t want to get involved in personal thing… I want an official resignation and I want my things back.

Indrani: She is not being in touch with me…ever since… you know late night she sent me a message that was the last thing. You know… I have no idea she is really not the kind of be in touch, and I gave the background… I said look in fact the boy (referring to Rahul) has called us and you know now we are also beginning to get concerned because why should be someone…you know…not be touch with no man. In fact in between called up Mekhail also in the morning. So he absolutely did not know. You know.. I did not want to alarm or anything….She has not been in touch with us…last you know whatever…

Indrani: One month, two month, which is true, I mean that is a fact that she is not been in touch with… you know… them (referring to Mekhail and grandparents in Guwahati) at all. So there is no way she is going to… you know… contact them. So that is now even a blame. So anyways let us… you know… wait to hear what we…you know… the baat (the talk) from them. But in the meantime..

Rahul: but if you guys get to find out where she. (I) Did not because she is, you know, no result is found.

Indrani: Exactly, ya exactly what we want to know. That you ok. She is somewhere… you know… where she is.... Anyways let’s see. Do you want to speak to Papa. Quickly… one second

Peter: Hi Rahul

Rahul: Hello

Peter: Hi

Rahul: Hi

Peter: Do you hear I will sort this thing….We have spoken to someone on call, even Bharti who is head of Mumbai crime branch, he is a senior police officer. He is known to me very well for long time. We called them and he just asked her number. Then we gave him your number and Sheena’s number.

Rahul: Which number did you have given to him. Her number is switched off and new number is

Peter: New number we don’t have, we don’t have a new number

Peter: So we have given the last number that Indrani had. Indrani had her new number. And we had given the number that was switched off as well.

Rahul: ya ya

Peter: We have given the Idea number so we can track them from last and most recent activity of that phone number and find out where the soul is

Peter We can do actually it.. latest technology.

Rahul: ok

Peter: So we are concerned, and you are concerned now.

Rahul: You know why I am concerned

Peter: I do understand…no no… I do understand… But you know I am giving you the understanding that I have at that point in time okay. If my understanding changes I am sharing it with you.

Peter: You know what I’m saying. When I said to you listen, I am assured that she is fine, at that point of time I am not lying to you, I am telling you I assure you that she is fine. But when I start to feel uncomfortable the most, you know may be there is more to this them I am sharing that with you too, saying yes, I am little bit more concerned than I was this time yesterday. So I am, that’s why I am talking about both, Indrani and me both, right. We have spoken to…just now

Rahul: okay

Peter: I mean I have spoken to Mr Mukherjee. Found his number got in touch with him. Right

Peter: She (Sheena) has spoken to him or contacted him apparently on the 25th

Rahul: Okay Okay

Peter: Right, but after 25th she has not made any further contact

Peter: Right. Secondly in that… with her office people she did not specify apparently how many days she just said will she needs to travel for some personal work and she said out of town

Rahul: Ok. You found this out on the 25th ?

Peter: I found this out just now after speaking to Mr Mukherjee

Rahul: When did you speak to Mr Mukherjee

Peter: Indrani spoke to Mr Mukherjee just now after she got his name…just now

Peter: After I spoke to you….After I spoke to you… Then she called Mr Mukerjee we found out his mobile number, we got his email Id now, we have spoken to him. Explained to him the background, and he has confirmed that she has spoken to him or she has communicated with him that she’s not coming to work on the 25th morning.

Peter: But in that communication it has not been stated that she has not said one day,
two days, four days or week…Whatever.. She’s not specified the time.

Peter: Understand…And that is happened just now in the last half an hour

Peter: then in the last half an hour to Mr Mukerjee

Peter: Then Mr Bharti…probably spoke to in the last 10 minutes

Rahul: Ok

Peter: As soon as he disconnected, we called you

Rahul: Okay. Hopefully she will turn up know.

Peter: I don’t know if she will turn up or something will turn up with regard to where she is or what her recent activity from her phone is

Rahul: Hmmm. But the phone has been off the whole day since that morning…its been off.

Peter: Darling. But I don’t know what technology these guys use.

Peter: What information and how the police operates. What level of detail they can access on the phone and it is for them to know nah…they do all these things when they track people who are terrorists and god knows what.

Peter: They know how to track phone lines and phone messages…and find out what is the most recent activity. So I guess let him do his homework now… he’s got…he has been informed…he is a friend…he is doing it as a friend…and he said he is gonna get back to us…you know…in the next day or so.

Rahul: Ok. Cool

Indrani: Hello. Hi Rahul.

Rahul: Hello..hi..hi

Indrani: Yaa…ya…ya…hi…hi…In fact when we spoke to Mr Shubhodoy also just to let you know…because…you know…I mean…I said…look…if she contacts me I will immediately kind off…but she is not been in touch with me ok…that is…but she if contacts me we will tell her obviously to put in a formal resignation this that...but in the meanwhile I said you know what we might do…my husband and myself…you know…we will discuss and we will probably put in a missing report or whatever…you know…in case she doesn’t contact. So he said you wait for 24 hours because lets chat tomorrow in 24 hours. He said that is your personal matter whatever you all want to do is your personal matter. Wait for 24 hours…if she contacts..

Rahul (interrupts): Wait for another 24 hours, I suppose. I mean how long has it been now Indrani. Its been four days almost…where there has been no contact with her. So why would we wait for another 24 hours
Indrani: Ya…Ya…but we have already…I don’t want to wait that’s why we didn’t wait…even we don’t have to listen to him know…

Rahul: Ya…ya

Indrani: We didn’t wait at all…we immediately contacted. We haven’t told you we have contacted. I am just sharing this with you. Because what we did is the moment we disconnected, me and Peter chatted on what is it that we do next…you know…because I also thought of the same thing that why should we wait for 24 hours. If it is going to be found out, let’s find out and then we are all at peace…because slowly slowly…both of us…and now I am also beginning to get concerned

Rahul: Ya obviously.

Indrani: I will tell you that very honestly…till now I was not concerned…you know…ok till morning I said tikh hein (its ok)…I mean she is run away…she is run away…but the fact is…you know now…it has been like you said it’s been four days…at least if someone…I am trying to think off somebody she has contacted…anybody…ok…who she would have touched base with. I don’t know any…I know only two three of her friends you know…you know Pranoy, Sanjana, Pranami…beyond that I don’t know anybody…sometimes she mentions work girls and all. Now I have no idea who this Nagpur fellow is…all we want to know that if there is anything in Nagpur…whatever…is her phone located to Nagpur…has she gone to Nagpur…is she in Nagpur…then okay fair enough…then we let go whatever…you know…then we take a call. Then we don’t have to go around…you know… but at least till we don’t know…I myself didn’t want to wait for 24 hours

Rahul: Obviously…obviously..

Rahul: Its already been sort three four days so would you want to wait for another 24 hours to find out. You are concerned as I am concerned having not heard from her for three four days.

Indrani: Correct

Indrani: So…we have communicated…and in the meanwhile we have started the process…if you suddenly receive a call don’t panic. I mean somebody might just call you to ask you know when was the last time she contacted whatever…whatever… I mean…because she lived with you. So they will call you…okay. So don’t panic. Now we are also getting a bit concerned. So that’s the thing.

Rahul: Ya Ya

Indrani: If you have anything you have my number also…if there is any need we will come down to Mumbai…whatever…don’t worry…we have set the ball rolling…we can’t go higher than this…we have informed the head of the crime branch…Probably what we basically want to establish is…now for me here the concern is only that I don’t know who the hell this guy is from Nagpur. Some guy with a Bentley or
whatever…I have no clue who he is. Number one. Ok now if

Rahul (interrupts): How many…how many… Indrani…how many Bentley’s are there in Mumbai

Indrani: listen

Rahul: If this guy is with a Bentley…then probably it’s a good way of finding out.

Indrani: Ya Ya…which is…some guy with some Bentley and she refused to kind off you know…which is what the issue was…ok at least tell me who it is what…but she wouldn’t say…so I am beginning to find this whole thing a bit dodgy

Indrani: Now I am putting two and two together…and the only reason she contacted me basically was because she wanted the money…that is the only reason she contacted me.

Indrani: There was no other reason that she wanted to contact me…which you know…I mean now its…you know…its…falling in place

Indrani: Anyway so now…all that I want to know is that she is alright and that’s it…beyond that you know…I am not going to kind off…you know…kill myself over this.

Rahul: Hmmm…hmmm..hmmm..hmmm. Excellent. As and when you get to know anything, please let me know.

Indrani: Ya ya.. Of course. Of course. I will let you know…and…haaa…I think we can wait till this guy reverts back to us…and then we will take a call nah..

Rahul: Ok. Ok
The conversations between Rahul, Indrani and Peter went back and forth. Indrani went on to tell Rahul that Sheena had possibly gone of with a guy in Nagpur who owned a Bentley. But then later she went on to say that Sheena had left the country.

Indrani: She is kind of really so smart and would had flown alone on a different name... which is also possible I mean ...One can get into the airport ..it is not very difficult. To get in you can get another visa on e-ticket...

Rahul : As in, what are you trying to say?

Indrani: Okay..Giving you an example if you are booked in the name of Rahul
Mukherjee. You can take out an e-ticket in the name of Rahul Mukherjee Even if you change your name and you walk in as Rahul Mukherjea and don’t give your ticket of Rahul Mukherjee. That is possible. But it is very unlikely but she has gone to that extent

Rahul: How is that possible?

Indrani : You can change the name or your e-ticket no. That what I am trying to say. If you are booked in under someones name. Under a false name

Rahul: But this just doesnt add up?

Indrani: See. I don’t know we have done whatever we could have. Whatever information we have given you. Now if she does not come for some reason best known to her...why you are wasting our time?
You know 50 each time…. She genuinely doesn’t get in touch... In fact, it is because Papa (Peter) has insisted that to inform you...cannot just leave you ...We are worried about you … the way you just walked out in morning

Rahul: But doesnt she contact me?

Indrani: Rahul see if she wanted to contact you she would have contacted you know,
Rahul.

Rahul: That doesnt make sense?

Indrani: Probably because this is my view but I think you are calling up everywhere (unclear)

Indrani: (unclear)… She is not going to be dead, may be.. why would you think death would be reason? She caught her life and you somewhere then why would she be dead for no reason? I mean I want think you know.. “aisa lagta hai”, she said. She informed her (unclear) that’s it. But at the right time as and in she is brave she will contact why would she be dead? And people don’t take whole of the flash back.

Indrani: If you indeed worry on that account, please don’t worry… because you know when somebody thinks she’s been on a phone call. She’s been talking to people. She’s gone to the airport. She has taken up flight so she clearly talking has been doing on that deal know.