Radhe Mae - latest news/update

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
_1fecbba2a98a11e7923941e72d00a67f-1.jpg

Radhe Maa sits in SHO’s chair at Delhi police station as he stands with folded hands
Delhi Police SHO Sanjay Sharma said Radhe Maa had come to Vivek Vihar to attend a Ramlila and entered his room to use the toilet.

As Delhiites celebrated Dussehra last week, the station house officer (SHO) of east Delhi’s Vivek Vihar police station was photographed standing with his hands folded in his office while self-proclaimed god-woman, Radhe Maa, occupied his chair.

The photo emerged on Thursday, a week after the incident involving SHO Sanjay Sharma. While senior police officers said they were looking into the case, the SHO in question confirmed the incident.

“She occupied my chair for barely a few minutes... I folded my hands and requested her to leave the office... She is a religious figure,” the SHO told this correspondent on phone.

According to the officer, he was in his office around 11.30pm on September 28 when Radhe Maa and her followers were on their way to a Ramleela in the area. “Her followers said she wanted to visit the washroom. So, I allowed her to use the toilet (in the SHO’s office),” Sharma said.

Since the toilet was located right behind my chair, when Radhe Maa came out, she allegedly sat on the SHO’s chair without seeking permission. “There were 15-20 of her disciples along with her. They stood nearby,” said the SHO.

The photograph shows the smiling SHO standing next to Radhe Maa. His hands are folded with a red ‘chunri’ (stole) around his neck. “All this got over in less than 5 minutes,” the SHO claimed.

When contacted for a response, Dependra Pathak, chief spokesperson for the Delhi Police, said the matter was being examined. “We will examine it and take appropriate action,” said the officer.