RaCiSm iN AuStRaLia

Roop Dhillon

Prime VIP
SYDNEY, Australia Dec 13, 2005 — The racial unrest that broke out in Sydney's beachside suburbs over the weekend has spread to two other large Australian cities, where people of Middle Eastern descent were assaulted by whites, police said Tuesday.

In New South Wales, where Sydney is located, lawmakers scheduled an emergency session of the state Parliament to consider legislation cracking down on the rioters who rampaged through the city's suburbs for two straight nights, the region's premier said.

Seven people were injured and 11 arrested after youths rioted in the suburbs Monday night, smashing the windows of stores, homes and parked cars. The youths appeared to be of Middle Eastern descent, leading police to believe the destruction was in response to racially fueled attacks on a Sydney beach a day earlier.

Calling the rioters "ratbags," New South Wales premier Morris Iemma said police would be given special "lockdown" powers to stop convoys from forming and driving into communities to carry out acts of retribution. He also said he would urge lawmakers to pass legislation toughening prison sentences for rioting offenses.

Opposition lawmakers have already called for tough new laws and are expected to support the legislation. The state Parliament session is scheduled for Thursday.

"I won't allow Sydney's reputation as a tolerant, vibrant international city to be tarnished by these ratbags and criminals who want to engage in the sort of behavior we've seen in the last 48 hours," Iemma said.

He added that rioters had "effectively declared war on our society and we won't be found wanting in our response."

The rioting began Sunday on Cronulla Beach when about 5,000 white youths, many drunk and wrapped in Australian flags, attacked people believed to be of Arab or Middle Eastern descent after rumors spread that Lebanese youths had assaulted two lifeguards earlier this month.

Police, who had stepped up patrols on the beach after learning of cell phone text messages urging people to retaliate for the attack on the lifeguards, fought back with batons and pepper spray.

Courtsey: ABCNeWs: http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=1400236

full_taur

yeah i have been very close to the plave where this happened.. and its scary..

but ik gal hai.. had it been this thing happened in INDIA.. people would have said ki chalo INDIA vich te yeh hunda rehenda hai..

but now same people are saying something else when it had happened on foreign shores... so why double standards...

neil

W@TNO DOOR
hmm....i knew that, ive been assaulted by lebanese in burwood......i was there for new year party......on dec 31st 2002...i still remember...

hmm.........

LEBANESE RULE SYDNEY people...i know that....

Pardesan Punjaban

Alone but Happy
ih saara kujh cronula beach tae hoyia ..............south sydney.

kaafi labneese comunity hai os side tae......................tae koie na koie problem ayie rahendi
kaafi gang han ohna dia

thank God main os site nahi rahendi:dr :dr :dr

full_taur

na Yaar Cronulla & shire is full of Aussie people.. and uthe jyada lebanese peeople nai hege... its fullof Australian people.. but people from south west of sydney like bankstown and all go to that beach.. and thats where the problem is...

Yes agreed Lebenese people are too rough & rude but this time it was from both sides.. i have seen pictures of Aussie people doing the violence and they even tore the head scarf of one of the girls on beach.. how sad is that....

Some1

Focusing on ________
Racism is everywhere ... and half the time .. its ppl themselves who are the cause of racism being initiated against themselves ..... :sleepy

neil

W@TNO DOOR
harjinder bai,
i remember main sydney aaya see new year te, asin thore jahe friends tur ke darling harbour nun jande see. te pata nee kee hoya. 5 -6 lebanese ne mainu fariya, main sochiya happy new year kehan laggiya. bai 7 foot lamba see oh, ohne mere ghasunn jarta. right on my nose, main thalle. jadon mere wal bhaje oh 6 7 jaane, main sochiya mana aj bhajj laa. chal bheer see main uthon nikkal giya , ,asin baad wich ek indian night te chale gaye. bai oh sare lebanese uthey pahunch gaye, ek munda apne gf naal nachda see, far ke ohda sir paarta.
we went to cops but they nevah bothered doing nothing,
mere magar ve oh taan paye see bhulekhe ch, kise munde ne us group de kise lebaneese the bhain naal chakkar chalaya see

main yaar apna bruised nakk le ke wapis melbourne giya. lol...

kayee din sunglasses ne lahiyan main..sharam naal...mere uvein ee pay gayian.
fer mainu dassiya gia ve ithey de lebanese tan bahut bhere aa.:slap

g.r.r.r.r.

full_taur said:
na Yaar Cronulla & shire is full of Aussie people.. and uthe jyada lebanese peeople nai hege... its fullof Australian people.. but people from south west of sydney like bankstown and all go to that beach.. and thats where the problem is...

Yes agreed Lebenese people are too rough & rude but this time it was from both sides.. i have seen pictures of Aussie people doing the violence and they even tore the head scarf of one of the girls on beach.. how sad is that....

full_taur

hehehe.. NEil bai... yaar mera hass ani band ho reha...

aaho yaar i know these bloody lebenase people are full of dirt & shit..

but hassa mainu aya as tu MUfat vich ragadaya gya.. hehehehehe!!!!!

neil

W@TNO DOOR
bai,
oh munda mere warga lagda see, te shoppingkarke asin shirts ve same jihian paiyan see.

full_taur said:
hehehe.. NEil bai... yaar mera hass ani band ho reha...

aaho yaar i know these bloody lebenase people are full of dirt & shit..

but hassa mainu aya as tu MUfat vich ragadaya gya.. hehehehehe!!!!!

neil

W@TNO DOOR
main hafta nakk sujayee firda riha tun bai hasse jaanda.
main tan kuch keeta vee nee see,
najare koi hor lutte jaanda. see

:hit :hit :slap :slap
full_taur said:
hor karo shaukaneeyan.... hehehe but mei jado ds padaya meri hasi nai band ho rei hehehehe!!!!

speedy250kmph

Foxymophandlemama
OO kuj v nai hoya yaar.. nikki jei gangvaar nu media ne Roits dikha dittae.. ethe de Media kol te vaise v hor koi kamm nai hunda.. massa te khabar labhi koi chappan nu.. nai te celebs te politicians de gossips de ser te papers chalde ne ethe de... Roits ta Jalandhar hoye c 2003 ch.. Talhan Sahib Gurudwaare aale.. odda de roits je ethe ho jaan te ehnna ne ohnu Civil War da naam de dena rolf

speedy250kmph

Foxymophandlemama
RuPy_DhiLLoN said:
Yeah I know Leba's are WaNkAs.....:hit :hit
Chadd yaar.. panjo ungliya barabar thorre hundiya.. no offence but edda di soch ee Racism vargiya probs creat kardi ae.. we shudnt hate no human... Kuj kharaab bandiya karke poori race ee ragrri jaandi ae...

Roop Dhillon

Prime VIP
Bro Main koyi vi gal binna proof de ni kehnda, ithey Aussie Blokes swear racists ni haige, jinne kharaab karan waale aa oho greeks te lebanese aa. Bloody oho avde aap nu aussies keh ke Wadhey ban de aa te hor races naal racism karde aa, aussie lok taan bahle good aa :)