Quotes from the Shri Guru-Granth

Ramta

the pandits, the hindu religious scholars, are intoxicated, reading the puraanas.
JOGI MWQY JOG IDAWN ] JOGEE MAATHAE JOG DHHIAAN ||
the yogis are intoxicated in yoga and meditation.
SMINAWSI MWQY AHMMYV ] SA(N)NIAASEE MAATHAE AHA(N)MAEV ||
the sannyaasees are intoxicated in egotism.
QPSI MWQY QP KY BYV ]1] THAPASEE MAATHAE THAP KAI BHAEV ||1||
the penitents are intoxicated with the mystery of penance.
||1|| SB MD MWQY KOAU N JWG ] SABH MADH MAATHAE KOOO N JAAG ||
all are intoxicated with the wine of maya; no one is awake and aware.
the thieves are with them, plundering their homes.
||1||PAUSE|| JWGY SUKDYAU ARU AKURU ] JAAGAI SUKADHAEO AR AKOOR ||
sukdayv and akrur are awake and aware.
HXVMQU JWGY DIR LµKURU ] HANAVA(N)TH JAAGAI DHHAR LA(N)KOOR ||
HANUMAN WITH HIS TAIL IS AWAKE AND AWARE.
SMKRU JWGY CRN SYV ] SA(N)KAR JAAGAI CHARAN SAEV ||
SHIVA IS AWAKE, SERVING AT THE LORD'S FEET.
KIL JWGY NWMW JYDYV ]2] KAL JAAGAE NAAMAA JAIDHAEV ||2||
naam dayv and jai dayv are awake in this dark age of kali yuga.
||2|| JWGQ SOVQ BHU PRKWR ] JAAGATH SOVATH BAHU PRAKAAR ||
there are many ways of being awake, and sleeping.
GURMUIK JWGY SOEI SWRU ] GURAMUKH JAAGAI SOEE SAAR ||
to be awake as gurmukh is the most excellent way.
IESU DYHI KY AIDK KWM ] EIS DHAEHEE KAE ADHHIK KAAM ||
the most sublime of all the actions of this body,
KIH KBIR BIJ RWM NWM ]3]2] KEHI KABEER BHAJ RAAM NAAM ||3||2||
says kabeer, is to meditate and vibrate on the lord's name. ||3
'Shri Guru Granth-Ji' , Raag Basant, Pa.1193-1194

- - - - -

‘BRAHMA, VISHNU, MAHESH [SHIVA] the three demigods were created [by God].
He gave BRAHMA the VEDAS and involved them in it’s worship.
Ten Avatars did king RAMA [VISHNU] take.
He attacked and killed demons but all in accordance with God’s command.
God did SHIVA serve but he too did not find his limits.
Attaining true value he created his [heavenly] throne.
He has set the world to task and concealed himself.
He makes all function this Karma is divinely ordained.’
‘Shri Guru-Granth-Ji’, Raag Malaar, Pa.1279

- - - - -

‘He who focuses his mind on God is a Vaisnu [follower of VISHNU] He is a man of great knowledge.
He is a warrior of a high clan who worships Bhagwant [God/VISHNU].
Be they Khatri, Shudar, Vaise or a Chandal [Four castes of Hinduism] by contemplating God they are saved from vice.
They who ever have acknowledged God, Nanak asks for the dust of their feet.
‘Shri Guru-Granth-Ji’, Raag Thiti Gauri, Pa.300

- - - - -

‘He is a true Pundit [Brahmin] who awakens his mind.
And searches for the Naam [ineffable name of] RAAM [God] in himself.
From the teachings of such a Pundit all beings find [spiritual] life.
He transplants the story of Har in their hearts.
Such a Pundit then never again is born.
He appreciates the fundamental truth [God] of the VEDAS, PURAANAS and SIMIRITIA [Hindu religious texts].
He appreciates the subtle/sublime within the great expanse [World].
He instructs the four castes [without discrimination].
Such a Pundit say’s Nanak I always salute.
’Shri Guru-Granth-Ji’, Sukhmani Sahib, Pa.274-275

- - - - -

‘All ways be humble before the Bhagats being humble you will attain merit.
A evil person who slanders the Bhagats will be destroyed like Harnyaksh.
BRAHMA, son of a lotus [BRAHMA emerged from a lotus symbol of order out of chaos] VYAS [One of the greatest of Sanatan sages to whom were revealed the Sanatan scriptures VEDAS and Mahabharat epic with Bhagvad GITA. VYAS is also credited with the authorship of the oldest extent commentary on the source book of Hatha Yoga, ‘Pantanjali’s Yoga Sutra’, the, ‘Yoga-Bhashya’. In the Mahabharat he is recognised as the foremost master and expert on Yoga.] Born of a fish [Symbol of agitated mind] by devotion of highest God they themselves were worshiped.
Whoever are Bhagats respect them your great doubts and fears will thus flee.
Do not consider the cast of a Bhagat Sukdev [A Brahmin] grasping the feet of Jank [A Khashatriya king father of Sita hence lower cast than Sukdev] as Guru worshiped highest God.
'Shri Guru-Granth-Ji’, Raag Kanra, Pa.1309

Janak who sat on a throne on seeing the nine [Vedic] holy sages himself fell at their feet [Because they were Bhagats of highest God].
Say’s Nanak bless me oh bless me master [Va-eh Guru] make me the servant of your servants [The Bhagats such as PRAHLAD, BRAHMA, VYAS, SUKHDEV, JANK, nine sages etc.]
'Shri Guru-Granth-Ji’, Raag Kanra, Pa.1309

- - - - -

Thanks,
mrsingh.

pps309

Prime VIP
We respect all other religions and acknowledge good things, if any, in other religions.

That is why sikhism is great.....there is no other religion whose religious scriptures will have hymns from Great people from different religions.

Sikhs are not jealous of other religion and always wish for everyone's well being.
Nanak Naam chardi kalla tere bhane sabda bhala.....

Waheguru ess Bulleshah nu bi changi mat bakshyo....

pps309

Prime VIP
I doubt it.. yeho jehe INSAAN'an( hard to call them insaan too) nu mat auni aukhi hai..
hahaha....
koi na.....sikhi de influence ch ta bade bade da dil badal gaya si kade esda bi badal ju.....baki apni apni kismat hundi aa

full_taur

hahaha....
koi na.....sikhi de influence ch ta bade bade da dil badal gaya si kade esda bi badal ju.....baki apni apni kismat hundi aa

aho sai gal hai... may be kisi din baani de galat matlab kad de, kad de.. isnu baani de asal matlab pata lag jaan te iste vi meher ho jaave....

Angel_Eyes

Done Deal !
bulleshah ehi kami reh gayi si haina hun?

anyways it makes no diff to anyone, papers ch ta isto vi bahut kuj jaada aaya piche jehe, jadd ohda kuj diff nahi paya kise nu ta ehda ki pau....keep having fun and keep satisfying urself

Da Tiwana

Inspector Sa'ab ;)
bulleya can you just plz explain what all you wanna proove by posting this stuff here.
kindkly post your views so that we can make out something and help you more about what our Guru Ji is saying here. so i request you please help us help you out of this all.
thnx :)

Ramta

munda_wakhre_type_da,

even i can post a lot of crap stuff like u do about ur religion bt i wont coz i respect sentiments of other people and respect there religion ..

crap stuff you say ??
I didn't compose it. It's the Guru-Granth.

Thanks

Ramta

Shri Guru-Granthj
MAALEE GAURAA, FIFTH MEHL, DU-PADAS:
ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:
I seek the Sanctuary of the all-powerful Lord. My soul, body, wealth and capital belong to the One God, the Cause of causes. || 1 || Pause || Meditating, meditating in remembrance on Him, I have found everlasting peace. He is the source of life. He is all-pervading, permeating all places; He is in subtle essence and manifest form.

Page 988
|| 1 || Abandon all your entanglements and corruption; sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord forever. With palms pressed together, Nanak begs for this blessing; please bless me with Your Name. || 2 || 1 || 6 || MAALEE GAURAA, FIFTH MEHL: God is all-powerful, divine and infinite. Who knows Your wondrous plays? You have no end or limitation. || 1 || Pause || In an instant, You establish and disestablish; You create and destroy, O Creator Lord. As many beings as You created, God, so many You bless with Your blessings. || 1 || I have come to Your Sanctuary, Lord; I am Your slave, O Inaccessible Lord God. Lift me up and pull me out of the terrifying, treacherous world-ocean; servant Nanak is forever a sacrifice to You. || 2 || 2 || 7 || MAALEE GAURAA, FIFTH MEHL: The Lord of the World abides in my mind and body. Friend of the meek, Lover of His devotees, forever and ever merciful. || 1 || Pause || In the beginning, in the end and in the middle, You alone exist, God; there is none other than You. He is totally permeating and pervading all worlds; He is the One and only Lord and Master. || 1 || With my ears I hear God's Praises, and with my eyes I behold the Blessed Vision of His Darshan; with my tongue I sing the Lord's Glorious Praises. Nanak is forever a sacrifice to You; please, bless me with Your Name. || 2 || 3 || 8 || 6 || 14 ||

MAALEE GAURAA, THE WORD OF DEVOTEE NAAM DAYV JEE:
ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU: Blessed, blessed is that flute which the Lord plays. The sweet, sweet unstruck sound current sings forth. || 1 || Pause || Blessed, blessed is the wool of the sheep; blessed, blessed is the blanket worn by Krishna. || 1 || Blessed, blessed are you, O mother Dayvakee; into your home the Lord was born. || 2 || Blessed, blessed are the forests of Brindaaban; the Supreme Lord plays there. || 3 || He plays the flute, and herds the cows; Naam Dayv's Lord and Master plays happily. || 4 || 1 || O my Father, Lord of wealth, blessed are You, long-haired, dark-skinned, my darling. || 1 || Pause || You hold the steel chakra in Your hand; You came down from Heaven, and saved the life of the elephant. In the court of Duhsaasan, You saved the honor of Dropati, when her clothes were being removed. || 1 || You saved Ahliyaa, the wife of Gautam; how many have You purified and carried across? Such a lowly outcaste as Naam Dayv has come seeking Your Sanctuary. || 2 || 2 || Within all hearts, the Lord speaks, the Lord speaks. Who else speaks, other than the Lord? || 1 || Pause || Out of the same clay, the elephant, the ant, and the many sorts of species are formed. In stationary life forms, moving beings, worms, moths and within each and every heart, the Lord is contained. || 1 || Remember the One, Infinite Lord; abandon all other hopes. Naam Dayv prays, I have become dispassionate and detached; who is the Lord and Master, and who is the slave? || 2 || 3 ||
HERE

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

full_taur

munda_wakhre_type_da,

crap stuff you say ??
I didn't compose it. It's the Guru-Granth.

Thanks

Yeah Guru Saahib composed it!!!

Buddy you cant even compile two lines yourself and glad God didnt give you enough powers as then you will have ruined many people thinkings and believes..

Forget about Composing, you can't even understand whats written in SGGS?

full_taur

----------

Here is The correct translation of shabad from SGGS which Mr Bulle shah interpreted at his own WILL..

& one very important thing which Mr BUlle Shah didn't mentioned(intentionally) in his translation was that the shabad which he has translated is actually written by BHAGAT NAMDEV JI.. A brief about Bhagat Namdev Ji can be found here

Sikh Bhagats :Bhagat Namdev ji

Guru Granth Sahib recognizes many saints of the Bhakti movement of medieval India. Namdev are the saints belonging to this movement which swept across the North India from 1100 A.D. till 1600 A.D. When Fifth Guru Guru Arjan dev ji compiled Guru Granth Sahib, he decided to give some recognition to the saints of Bhakti movement, that is the reason that Guru Granth Sahib contains verses of such saints. In some cases Guru Granth Sahib is the only voice remained for such saints over the years.

Can you tell me why didn't you tell that Mr Bulle Shah and why Bhagat Namdev ji Baani is only in Sri Guru Granth Saahib ji, though he was from different religion , caste and all.. BUDDY!! THATS THE MAHAANTA OF SRI GURU GRANTH SAAHIB JI

Anyways here is the correct translation & in the correct context.

Maalee Gauraa, The Word Of Devotee Naam Dayv Jee:

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:
Blessed, blessed is that flute which the Lord plays.
The sweet, sweet unstruck sound current sings forth.
Blessed, blessed is the wool of the sheep;
blessed, blessed is the blanket worn by Krishna.
Blessed, blessed are you, O mother Dayvakee;
nto your home the Lord was born.
Blessed, blessed are the forests of Brindaaban;
the Supreme Lord plays there.
He plays the flute, and herds the cows;
Naam Dayv's Lord and Master plays happily.
O my Father, Lord of wealth, blessed are You, long-haired, dark-skinned, my darling. ||1||Pause||
You hold the steel chakra in Your hand; You came down from Heaven, and saved the life of the elephant
In the court of Duhsaasan, You saved the honor of Dropati, when her clothes were being removed.
you saved Ahliyaa, the wife of Gautam; how many have You purified and carried across?

(All these were examples and were given to show that Lord is the ultimate form and force and those who have attained lord are always blessed and God have always protected them)

Such a lowly outcaste as Naam Dayv has come seeking Your Sanctuary. ||2||2||
Within all hearts, the Lord speaks, the Lord speaks.
Who else speaks, other than the Lord? |

(Now Bhagat Namdev ji says that he wants to be in sanctuary of LORD)

Out of the same clay, the elephant, the ant, and the many sorts of species are formed.
In stationary life forms, moving beings, worms, moths and within each and every heart, the Lord is contained. ||1||
Remember the One, Infinite Lord; abandon all other hopes.
Naam Dayv prays, I have become dispassionate and detached; who is the Lord and Master, and who is the slave? ||2||3||

(So in all this Shabad, the central idea that LORD you are the one who can protect us and everyone should be attached to the GOD and NAAM SIMRAN & should come in sanctuary of GOD)

* The reason why examples were given of Dasrath and others were because Bhagat Namdev Ji was born and had followed his path of bhagti much before then Sikhism emerged.. and this was the greatness of Sri Guru Granth Saahib ji and Guru Arjan Dev ji that he took all the baanis of all the great BHAGATS and Composed it...

* By the way Point for you Mr Bulle shah.. In this shabad Lord Krishna has been described as long-haired, So what it means is that Lord Krishna was a SIKH even before sikhism emerged... In one of your posts, you said SIKHS are Hindus.. BUT C'MON MAN, this proves it otherwise, this says that even Hindu Lords were Sikhs before. Lord krishna is known as KESHAV too.. which means with WITH KESH....

Waiting for next one Mr Bulle Shah.Thanks for all your efforts, believe me I'm more firm in sikhi then ever before...

Last edited by a moderator:

pps309

Prime VIP
* The reason why examples were given of Dasrath and others were because Bhagat Namdev Ji was born and had followed his path of bhagti much before then Sikhism emerged.. and this was the greatness of Sri Guru Granth Saahib ji and Guru Arjan Dev ji that he took all the baanis of all the great BHAGATS and Composed it...

* By the way Point for you Mr Bulle shah.. In this shabad Lord Krishna has been described as long-haired, So what it means is that Lord Krishna was a SIKH even before sikhism emerged... In one of your posts, you said SIKHS are Hindus.. BUT C'MON MAN, this proves it otherwise, this says that even Hindu Lords were Sikhs before. Lord krishna is known as KESHAV too.. which means with WITH KESH....

bulle shah............. I hope you would have become bit wise by reading that.
Now go and bring in public the guy who is corrupting your mind.

Bulleshah....can you just imagine the Power of Waheguru that very common sikh, who do all their social work/responsibilities are giving you answers of your each and every question.

From here you can make out that If One good Gyani Singh came and start sharing his knowledge and start answering your whole race will not find any question left unanswered. That is the power of Sikhism.

BTW Harjinder Singh ji bohat hi vadia post sigi thodi.......that was a class apart.

full_taur

bulle shah............. I hope you would have become bit wise by reading that.
Now go and bring in public the guy who is corrupting your mind.

Bulleshah....can you just imagine the Power of Waheguru that very common sikh, who do all their social work/responsibilities are giving you answers of your each and every question.

From here you can make out that If One good Gyani Singh came and start sharing his knowledge and start answering your whole race will not find any question left unanswered. That is the power of Sikhism.

BTW Harjinder Singh ji bohat hi vadia post sigi thodi.......that was a class apart.

Thanks PPS bai... bas bai tuhadhe varge rab de badiyan de hausla afsai chahidi !!!

& about answers, you are right Bai.. thats the power of sikhism & the power of true lors, otherwise saade varge nimaane jehe bande kol ki hai.. Nothing at all...

Ramta

full taur,

OK Krishna was a Sikh
I wouldn't really mind for is it not what I have been stating all along...
That Sikhism precedes Nanak.

Thanks

pps309

Prime VIP
full taur,

OK Krishna was a Sikh
I wouldn't really mind for is it not what I have been stating all along...
That Sikhism precedes Nanak.

Thanks

oh ok.............tu jit gaya....ho hurrr furrrrrrrrrrrrrr

hun ki ban gaya tera.......hun ki Sikhs apne aap nu Hindu mann laen ge.

What he is trying to say is that You guys are deviated from your path......you guys started getting corrupted....thoda atamik isnan nahi si hoya...thode dil maele kuchale ho gaye se.....so there was a need for a separate and true.....Pure KHALSA....so SIKHISM started.
SIKHISM FUNDAMENTALS are REALISTIC, TRUE.

Yes you are right, KHALSA ans SIKHISM was there but no one realised only a Great Personality like GURU NANAK realised and started teaching the same.

So now also those who are realising and are blessed with this SIKHISM are proud and happy and following it.

If anyone want to follow it follow it, if not then just follow whichever path you want. Do not come in our way.....we SIKHS are SANT as well as SIPAHI.