Pulkit Samrat - Shweta Rohira separated

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
articlel20141130911094040180000-1.jpg

Pulkit Samrat and Shweta Rohira dated for a long time before they got hitched. She was his steady date when he was the lead actor of Ekta Kapoor's television soap, Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, to be precise.

She even walked the red carpet with him when the television saga was dominating Indian households.

Next: Shweta and Pulkit reportedly eloped and secretly wed on May 3, 2010.

Further next: The young couple married with band, baaja, baraat and Salman Khan's presence and support on November 3, 2014, with the blessings of both their families.

Ten months after their big fat Punjabi wedding, rumours of a rift between them surfaced. However, everyone concerned was in denial mode.

Earlier this month, there were media reports that suggested the couple was living separately. When asked if it was true that he was living in Delhi with his parents, while his bride was staying with her mother in Mumbai, Pulkit had texted back saying, "Please do wish us on our first anniversary on 3rd November.. :) (sic)"

Well, we did wish the couple a happy anniversary. However, it so happens that the couple itself was not celebrating that day. As has been the case in the last few months, the actor was in the capital while his wife was in Mumbai. Though they were spotted a couple of times downing coffee or was that tea, at local coffee shops in Mumbai, they went back to their individual lives and family homes. Reason enough to see the red flag, haan? Yup! In fact, even on his recent trips to Mumbai to complete his film shoots, the actor has been living alone.

A chance meeting with the young Shweta had us asking her point-blank if there was any truth to the grapevine that her marriage had crumbled. She admitted, "My husband and I have been living separately for a while now. He told me that he was separating from me because of his family. To us, families are very important. They are our lifelines. And, since I always believed in giving him whatever he wants, I have reconciled to the fact that he has left me for his family." Intrigued by this information, we posed some more questions:

That's strange, weren't you married in front of your families a year ago?

Yes, we were. However, a year later equations seem to have changed.

His family doesn't like you?

That is something they must answer. I'm telling you what my husband has told me.

The rumours doing the rounds suggested that Pulkit was 'good friends' with his co-star of two films, Yami Gautam?

Yami and Pulkit should answer this. I have decided to move on.

You posted a picture online of you performing a Karva Chauth ritual; but your husband was away in Delhi on that day.

Yes, I did the rituals, but he was away in Delhi at that time.

We texted Pulkit for his side of the story and even called him a couple of times. However, he chose to remain unavailable for comment.