- 1/2 Cinamon Sitck
- 4 cardamon pods
- 4-5 cloves
- Fresh Curry leaves (5+ depending on your taste)
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 fresh green chilli (optional)
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 100ml stock (vegetable, chicken or fish) or water
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- Fresh Coriander
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil or ghee
Pathia Spice Mix
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder (more if you like it hotter)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
For the Curry Puree
- 3 Cloves garlic
- Curry Puree Mix
- 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tsp tamarind extract
- 1 tsp mango chutney
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 150g Creamed tomatoes (or tinned tomatoes)
- 50ml water
Add all the above ingredients to a blender and beat until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a wok or saucepan and add your cloves, cardamon and curry leaves. Fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and green chilli and fry on a medium heat until brown.
- Add your tomato puree and spice mix, fry for 2 minutes. The spices will begin to release their oils and aroma
- Add the curry puree mix and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and simmer on a medium to low heat for 10 minutes. Check the seasoning and add salt if required.
- Then add your prawns and simmer for 10 minutes or the time required for your prawns to cook.
- 3 minutes before the end add chopped coriander and the fresh tomatoes.
- Serve and garnish with more fresh coriander.