Post split with Arbaaz, Malaika wants ‘Khan’ dropped from her surname

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
cafe_633a7cc41b3c11e6878cac18b651cb15-1.jpg

Actor Malaika Arora Khan, who was recently in the news for her split with actor-filmmaker Arbaaz Khan, has now asked the makers of her ongoing reality show, India’s Got Talent, to address her by her maiden name -- Maliaka Arora. According to entertainment website Spotboye.com, Malaika doesn’t want ‘Khan’ to be part of her surname.

“Malaika has clearly told the production and on-air team that she has to be addressed only as Malaika Arora on the show. She is very strict about it,” a source was quoted as saying.
Reports about problems in their relationship started in January this year, when it was reported that Malaika moved out of their Bandra home, and shifted to an apartment in Khar, Mumbai, along with her 14-year-old son Arhaan. This was followed by reports of Arbaaz’s brother actor Salman Khan trying to mend differences between the two. Arbaaz spoke about how he is afraid of losing Malaika.
“When you achieve something or someone, you don’t want to lose the person. I love Malaika but I’m possessive about her. It wasn’t like this when she was younger or when I was new to the relationship, but it has happened now. She is very precious and dear to me. I love her more than anything else in the world. I’m afraid of losing her now,” he had said on a television show.
However in March, the couple issued a joint statement confirming their divorce.