PM Modi wishes Afghan president on his birthday, what happens next will make you LOL

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
modighanicompressed580x395-1.jpg

No longer do people get credit for remembering the day you were born instead they now get an alert or a notification on social media about it.

In this era of social media have you ever wished someone ‘happy birthday’ on a wrong day? If you did, you know how awkward it feels.

And what if your friend’s birthday is three months away and you end up wishing him today? Certainly, it will be embarrassing.

This is just what has happened with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

PM took to twitter to greet Afghanistan president Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai ‘a happy birthday’.

He wrote, “Happy birthday Ashraf Ghani. Praying for your long life and exceptional health and a joyful journey ahead.”

Narendra Modi ✔ @narendramodi
Happy birthday @ashrafghani. Praying for your long life & exceptional health and a joyful journey ahead.
3:16 PM - 12 Feb 2016

Everything was perfect till here but guess what happened next?

Yes, you guessed it correct. PM Modi ended up greeting Afghan president Ghani on a wrong day.

Ashraf Ghani wrote in reply, “Greetings from Munich Mr. Prime Minister. Although, my birthday is on 19th May, but I would still like to thank you for your gracious words.”

Narendra Modi ✔ @narendramodi
Happy birthday @ashrafghani. Praying for your long life & exceptional health and a joyful journey ahead.

Ashraf Ghani ✔ @ashrafghani
@narendramodi Greetings from Munich Mr. PM. Although, my Birthday is on 19th May, but I'd still like to thank you for your gracious words :)
10:27 PM - 12 Feb 2016

What led to this confusion is Ashraf Ghani’s default Google profile which listed 12 February, 1949 as his date of birth. This might have been the reason behind the confusion.

ghani2-1.jpg

So next time if any of your friends’ social media ‘birthday’ approaches, make sure it’s his actual birthday before extending your greetings.