Peter Mukherjea heldin Sheena murder case

Jaswinder Singh Baidwan

Akhran da mureed
Staff member
Former media baron Peter Mukherjea was today arrested by the CBI here in connection with the murder of Sheena Bora, daughter of his wife and prime accused Indrani who is already in the custody for the alleged crime.
Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her first marriage. CBI’s spokesperson said that Mukherjea’s name surfaced during its probe in the case and “he has been arrested”. The spokesperson refused to divulge details in the case but sources in the probe agency alleged that he had some more insight in the crime, which he had not shared with the Mumbai police.
The CBI, which was handed over the case on September 29 after an apparent turf-war between the ousted Commissioner Rakesh Maria and the new incumbent Ahmed Javed, had questioned Mukherjea for hours before it was decided to place him under arrest, the sources said.
The decision to arrest Peter was taken in view of alleged inconsistencies in his statement before the CBI, the sources said.
Peter’s lawyer Mahesh Jethmalani said he was surprised at the decision of the CBI to place him under arrest. “I will be extremely shocked if the news about his arrest is true,” he said.
“I contacted him through messages and my last contact was well past 7.30 PM when he informed me that he was being questioned by the CBI and that he would contact me later,” he said.