Pakistan skipper Afridi blasts Indian media

Lily

B.R
Staff member
2940717095.jpg

Pakistan skipper Shahid Afridi has hit out at the Indian media, accusing them of running a negative campaign against his team.

In an interview with Pakistan's Geo TV Channel, Afridi said he was upset over an Indian daily blowing up his remarks on Sachin Tendulkar that his team will not let the master blaster get his century.

"The Indian media has treated this negatively. There is never any doubt about Tendulkar's greatness. But if someone approaches me and asks me about him [Tendulkar], obviously as Pakistan captain I will not say ... we will allow him to score runs. I will say .... we will ensure he doesn't get his 100th international century."

Mind games

Some of the Indian newspapers had headlines saying: "War of words commences before the Mohali match." A few papers even commented that mind games have commenced with Pakistan playing down India's strength. The Indian media has also been blowing up the issue of Shoaib Akhtar's inclusion in the team, making it look like Afridi does not like the speedster.

"I want him [Akhtar] to play, but we have not taken a final decision as yet. And we have to take into consideration his match fitness and his form ... which we will see in the nets. We do want him in such a high-profile match; but we don't want him for just four or five overs, we want him to bowl his full quota of overs.

Nothing positive

"There is so much negativity in the Indian media. There is nothing positive to watch on the channels and we are just sticking together as a team and it is just the hotel and ground for us," he was quoted as saying in the interview.

"The only answer we can give is with our performance. We will try to give 110 per cent in this big match. Everyone knows how big a match this is and the pressures that come with it."

Afridi also hit out at Pakistan interior Minister Rahman Malek, who said that the government was keeping watch on the players in the semi-final to prevent spot fixing. "I don't think he should have said such a thing at this time."

[/img][/COLOR]

reshmi_mutiyar

LITTLE KITTEN
this is good for india,,,,,,,, afridi is getting all tensed--------hurrayyyyyyyyyyy,,

common afridi--- keep reading indian media's views and build your own blood pressure to the highest------
you should know better-------
as an opposing country media----- they will not write compliments for you , they will only write something that gives you high blood pressure ------------- like like you said this .

obviously as Pakistan captain I will not say ... we will allow him to score runs. I will say .... we will ensure he doesn't get his 100th international century."