Pak Sikh thrashed for not converting

prithvi.k

on off on off......
A Sikh advocate in Pakistan was reportedly thrashed and threatened with dire consequences recently if he did not convert to Islam,forcing his family to run for safety to a gurdwara in Hassanabdal near Rawalpindi.

While the victim, Anup Singh, was yet to regain consciousness, the incident has left the Sikh community in Pakistan rattled and insecure. Talking to Indian media from Islamabad, Anup’s brother, Ravinder Singh, recalled horror of November 21. ‘‘A group of at least eight men kidnapped my brother from his office and took him to Mohammad Amin’s residence, where he was stripped and photographed with Amin’s wife.’’

Undergoing treatment for fractures and severe head injuries in Holy Family Hospital, Ralwalpindi, where doctors said it might take a few months before Anup could start leading a normal life, He has also complained that even the hospital was not giving the medical report of Anup's case after six days.
The advocate was reportedly assaulted for fighting a separation case for Amin’s wife, Safina Kanwal. ‘‘The goons made my brother sign on a blank paper, after which they cut his hair, beard, moustaches and threatened him to convert to Islam if he wanted to live in Pakistan.’

Avtar Singh Makkar, president of Shiromani Gurdwara Parbhandhak Committee (SGPC) has condemned the incident and said to give a memorandum to the Pakistan High Commission soon.He said that he would also seek an appointment with the Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh and urged to take up the matter of security of the Sikh community living in Pakistan.

There are about 10,000 Sikhs living in Pakistan or may be little less then that as some sikh family run from pakistan and came to india as they has been forced to pay Rs 20 million as jazia (religious tax) to the Taliban so as to return to their home,resume their business and to live in pakistan- By Ravinder Singh Robin (ANI)
-----------

When these ppl are a majority in any country they will waste no time in implementing Sharia law and in treating minorities as second class citizens who wont even be allowed to practice their religions. When muslim are not the majority they will demand to be a free, secular, democratic country in equality is paramount....wah

dhana_jatt

~*~ NiMaNa ~*~
pagal hoyi payi ae duniya.. rabb kare dec 2012 di kahani sach hi hoje. baari hi att chuki firde ne lok. hora nu aapne religion ch milaun layi jada zor dande dats bs.. jere aapne religion ch ne pehla ohna nu ta sambhlo ohi bohat ae

prithvi.k

on off on off......
His Excellency
Mr. Ansar Burney
United Nations Expert Advisor on Human Rights
Pakistan’s former Federal Minister for Human Rights
Chairman: Ansar Burney Trust International
Wassiamal Building
Arambagh Road
Karachi, PAKISTAN.

Your Excellency

My name is Harsh Kaur and I am a Sikh residing in London with my husband and 3 children from the last 7 years. My paternal family is currently living in a small town near Rawalpindi, Pakistan called Pindi Gheb. I am writing to you today to bring to your attention the torture that my family is being put through over there.

A Muslim lady in our neighbourhood in Pindi Gheb had been suffering from domestic violence for many years and this was well known to the people of the town. She finally came to my elder brother Advocate Anup Singh Jaggi pleading for help recently. He has since been involved in the proceedings of a divorce for her. On Saturday 24th November 2009 my brother was called to one of the family homes of the lady’s husband. There he was attacked by several members of his family, during which his turban was thrown to the ground, his hair was cut off and his beard and moustache were shaved. Along with this his clothes were ripped off, he was beaten up severely and lacerated multiple times across the face and body with a razor blade. Finally the attackers took pictures of my brother as he was fighting for his life. They also made him sign on a blank piece of paper with the threats that if he did not they would kill him. As you can imagine, such a brutal attack started to get the attention of the neighbourhood as it was happening. Public started gathering around and helping my brother. My other brother was also called by somebody and he came to his rescue too. My brother was taken to the local hospital where the doctors said he had suffered from multiple skull fractures and there was a very little chance that he would pull through. They advised that he was taken to one of the larger hospitals in a bigger city. Overnight my brother was taken by my family to Holy Family Hospital in Rawalpindi.

Anoop remained unconscious for several days and has only just regained consciousness yesterday. When I spoke to my other brother he told me that Anup was not recognising anyone at first and even now intermittently forgets some of the family members. However, I can at least thank God and say that he is alive. Obviously, the rest of my family are very distressed and constantly fear the safety of the other family members. My father recently passed away and I have one sister who is still at home, unmarried. Due to concerns of her safety my family has sent her out of town to my uncle’s house where hopefully she cannot be found.

This attack was planned and the man whose wife’s case my brother was fighting did this because he was unhappy about the divorce. He was falsely accusing my brother of having an affair with his wife which is why he was helping her out. The lady who was filing for a divorce has given a statement that Anup was from a respectable family and that he never did or said anything outside the limitations of his role as her lawyer.

Unfortunately, this is not the first time something like this has happened to us. About 20 years ago, when my eldest brother was only 10-11yrs old, a group of Muslim men from the neighbourhood took him away after seeing him playing with one of their daughters. He was a turban wearing Sikh and the group of men forcefully cut his hair as well. At that time my father went to the police and filed an FIR but nothing was done about it. Within my extended family in Nankana Sahib a young, well educated Sikh was killed at gun point 2 months ago. I myself had to leave with my husband after facing many problems and have been in England under political asylum.

After reading my story I am sure you can imagine the constant fear that our family is living in. This attack on Anup was unprovoked and racist in nature. There are many Sikh families in Pakistan, all of whom try to practice their own religion and maintain the Gursikh values our Gurus taught us. My fellow Sikhs, I write to you today pleading for help, to save my family and the other Sikh families around us who have been suffering in silence all these years. I fear for their lives and of course the lives of my family living in Pindi Gheb. I do not know who to turn to at this time of difficulty but firmly believe that my Sikh community will find this as unacceptable as I do. We are blessed to be living in the West where we take for granted the freedom with which we lead our lives. I can only hope that you will unite with me now and help out our brothers and sisters who are stuck in turmoil in Pakistan.

Yours sincerely,

Harsh Kaur

in 2007 when a lawyer was beaten up that time many pakistani lawyers came on the street with shouting anti slogans,long march , and now a minority sikh lawyer is thrashed for conversation not a single lawyer or judge came to help

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
^^If the same had happened to a Muslim lawyer in our side of Punjab, Sikh wouldn't have bothered. that's how the things are.

Sweet_Jatti

.*. KiNdEr .*.
i saw a very small mosque in the shehr, there definitely are muslims in punjab... i actually didnt kno that there are Sikhs that still live in Pakistan.... thanks for telling me.... main kadi milli nahi ajj tak kisi Sikh nu, jo Pakistan ton hove... i would love to converse with one of them and actually analyze the differences and similarities....

Malik2010

Dear Harsh Kaur,

I am disagreeing with your entire story, which is totally wrong. I have a witness as he gave his statement about your brother Advocate Anup Singh Jaggi beaten by 1 of Muslim because of your brother was caught with her wife red hand .Anup friend told that Anup loved this lady since long time and many time her husband warned him stop this stupid and illegal relations. However Anup Sing didn’t stop and one day he jumped to there home while her husband was on his Shop at day time. Those lady brothers in law saw Anup in there home and called to his elder brother and caught your lovely brother red hands. anyways there are many other Sikh families are living in pindi gheb and well settled, why no body beat them instant of your brother because they are living in there limitation and without illegal affairs. In Anup story nothing called to convert in Islam, why you mention that it is unacceptable this is truth that your brother Anup having an illegal affair with his wife.

So don’t bring to Islam or Sikhs religion in this matter your brother cross his limit so he gets punishment .don’t conflagration between Muslims and Sikhs it is your family matter. There are many respectable Sikh families living in Pindi gheb(Pakistan). They don’t have any issue and never complain about any religion related problem. They are living in full freedom but in there limit not like your brother Anup Singh.

Harsh Kaur you choose wrong way to attack on Muslims Community. Your plan will never come true. First of all teach your families to avoid illegal and unacceptable relations to avoid this kind of incident again with you and your family in future...

DO RESPECT HAVE RESPECT.

Many Thanks,
Tufail Malik

Malik2010

Dear Harsh Kaur,

I am disagreeing with your entire story, which is totally wrong. I have a witness as he gave his statement about your brother Advocate Anup Singh Jaggi beaten by 1 of Muslim because of your brother was caught with her wife red hand .Anup friend told that Anup loved this lady since long time and many time her husband warned him stop this stupid and illegal relations. However Anup Sing didn’t stop and one day he jumped to there home while her husband was on his Shop at day time. Those lady brothers in law saw Anup in there home and called to his elder brother and caught your lovely brother red hands. anyways there are many other Sikh families are living in pindi gheb and well settled, why no body beat them instant of your brother because they are living in there limitation and without illegal affairs. In Anup story nothing called to convert in Islam, why you mention that it is unacceptable this is truth that your brother Anup having an illegal affair with his wife.

So don’t bring to Islam or Sikhs religion in this matter your brother cross his limit so he gets punishment .don’t conflagration between Muslims and Sikhs it is your family matter. There are many respectable Sikh families living in Pindi gheb(Pakistan). They don’t have any issue and never complain about any religion related problem. They are living in full freedom but in there limit not like your brother Anup Singh.

Harsh Kaur you choose wrong way to attack on Muslims Community. Your plan will never come true. First of all teach your families to avoid illegal and unacceptable relations to avoid this kind of incident again with you and your family in future...

DO RESPECT HAVE RESPECT.

Many Thanks,
Tufail Malik
Pindi Gheb (Attock)Pakistan

Malik2010

Every One listen the truth. No one will bear illegal affairs with wife or sisters. What Anup Singh did he get the right punishment? Will you accept if some one do with your family?

Many Thanks,
Tufail Malik
Pindi Gheb (Attock)Pakistan