Om Puri apologises for his comment on jawans, Twitter responds

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
_499045688ae211e6ab9cd7a7622475ab-1.jpg

Om Puri completely changed his stance within 24 hours on the issue of Indian jawans killed during the Uri attacks of September 18. In a TV debate, Puri said, “Did anybody force them (the soldiers) to join the army?”

Later a police complaint was filed against the 65-year-old actor for ‘insulting’ the Indian soldiers. Puri reacted to it with an apology, “I am very embarrassed at what I said and I deserve punishment, not forgiveness. I first apologise to his (an Uri attack martyr) family, if at all they will forgive me, I apologise to the whole country, the army. I know it’s not justified that you say so much and then think a sorry will make it right.”
“I am guilty and I deserve a punishment. I want to be tried by the army, I should be court-martialled. I want a constructive punishment,” Puri added.
Twitter exploded in response to Om Puri. Here are some of the tweets.

Om Puri seeks punishment for his unpatriotic comments.. Well the greatest punishment for a man.. is to forgive & reunite with his ex-wife !!

#OmPuri should feel lucky that he is in #India after taking freedom of speech to a whole new level ...sooooo true !! #India ROCKS

Just saw the last night's news hour clip. Om Puri was dead drunk. It was more visible on his face than smallpox marks.

Dear #IndianArmy,
Take #ArvindKejriwal #SanjayNirupam and #OmPuri along for the #SurgicalStrikes next time.#BackArmyEndPolitics

Be an OM PURI in a country full of adnan samis