NRI Kids and Anti- India Sentiments.

I studied in a CBSE (an Indian board) school here and I never found out what exactly happened in 1984 in the history books...therefore, i assume that none of the Indian Sikh kid will find out the exact truth that way either as the education system is somewhat biased

and i dont believe that Sikhs are against India, they r more against the system/govt, which will not change or if it does, thn it'll take ages to change :nerd

Exactly........I studied in Ludhiana in a CBSE board school and nowhere did we see any mention of sikh related issues either......:rolleyes:

Isn't that brainwashing on the name of nationalism????:wacko

pps309

Prime VIP
bhaji tuhade ditte pehle point di tan menu koi knowledge nahin,
but main es point bare details ch pata karna chahoonga ke how can you justify that sikhs are being economically abused and they dont have enough freedom in india?

I can mention you some of the issues where Sikhs are abused, these can be issues for any other minorities also.

1) Indian constitution do not recognize Sikh as a separate religion. It is direct attack on Sikh Sovereignty.
2) While divison of all other state was done on the basis of language. For Sikhs they have to fight and fill up jails to get Punjabi Suba. Once Punjabi Suba is formed still they do not gave all the majority punjabi speaking areas like Ambala, Chandigarh, Kangra etc to Punjab. (This was a punjab problem, but only sikhs in fight for this, only sikhs went to jails for Punjabi Suba. Because others do not participated in it so it become a Sikh issue.)
3) River water problem. riparian states (haryana, himachal) getting water is OK. But punjab is forced to give waters to non-riparian states (rajasthan). What is punjab getting in free-bies? (Again it was a punjab problem, but only SIkh farmers came in front for fighting).
4) Regarding freedom of sikhs or partaility with Sikhs.
I have only one answer, how can i call myself free if I cannot talk my mind. Any sikh who talks his mind is threatend to put in jail or is fake encountered.
Recent example: People like BJP, HJS have problems with auto, bus or truck drivers posting Sant Bhindranwale posters on their vehicle.
Am I not allowed to decide whom poster I will put on my car or vehicle? where is freedom??

I have a question:
Does any sikh (turban and beard guy) feel free enough to put a poster of Bhindranwale on his car and go around say half of India (till MP)? Is he sure to come back safely without getting beaten? (Here, system is not beating him, people will beat him coz they know system will not do anything to them)
Whereas I guess you can roam freely with poster of Nathuram Godse on your car or may be even Sadhvi Pragya thakur. (Leave about Tytler and Modi)

To add to what pps bro said.........

Recent Centre Government scheme of waiving loans of Maharashtran farmers.....Why cant the same courtesy be extended to Punjab farmers???????

And recently in Patiala, Shiv Sena went hooo haaa over a bhindranwaley billboard on the sangrur road. And i think they brought it down.

Isn't that systematic brainwashing from the majority???? Denying sikhs access to their history?????

Through extensive editing of the books they read and banning everything that they want their kids to see.

That is why i said that atleast in Canada they dont edit history.....Komagatamaru, when white canadians discriminated against the sikhs is taught in public schools as part of the history........so people can learn from it.

J@tti

..Majajan..
A lot of sikh kids here attend khalsa school - where the teaching is very different from what we had. People explaning things are very radical (even fanatic) - which is sad. You should not bother such young souls with the burden of past riots

A lot of sikh kids here attend khalsa school - where the teaching is very different from what we had. People explaning things are very radical (even fanatic) - which is sad. You should not bother such young souls with the burden of past riots

It's something called HISTORY.......which is also taught in Indian schools.....heavily edited and biased.......but its just that if you are in india you wont know anything unless you actually get out of the country.

Did you go to khalsa school or did you get this info from a friend who went to khalsa school???

Just wondering where you got that information from?.....:rolleyes:

pps309

Prime VIP
why only past riots??
Then we should not tell sikh kids about saheedi of Guru Arjun Dev or Guru Teg Bahadur or 4 Sahibjadeys or Baba Banda Singh Bahadur, Bhai Taru Singh, Bhai Mani Singh etc etc etc
Why telling about Saheedi of Puratan Sikh is OK and not OK for new age Sikhs??

Are we making a differntiation here??
Are we denying the fact that just like 4 sahibjaades whole Khalsa Panth is the son of Guru Gobind Singh? (4 muye ta kaya hua, jeevat kayi hazar).

May be telling Saheddi of Puratan Sikhs or Babbar Akalis is OK because that is not against India. Are we guys hypocrite??

pps309

Prime VIP
OH My mistake how come you guys will know about Bhai Taru Singh or Bhai Mani Singh or Gaja Singh or Bota or Babbar Akali Bishan Singh or Baba Kahrak Singh, when its not taught to sikh masses there by Indian Khalsa School??
Is this also tha fault of baharale Khalsa Schools??

J@tti

..Majajan..
I would rather tell my kids Guru Nanak Dev JI's stories than riot stories. I am not denying anything - I just don't want them to be fanatics. I don't know what got into you pps, you sound like a totally different person. For me our Guru's stand for peace - not for anger/revenge/dissatisfaction. Look at yourself - you always sound so angry - ready to jump at every person. Relax - teach your kids good moral values not the past riots. Nothing personal. We used to be good friends - so just wanted to say this for a while.

J@tti

..Majajan..
It's something called HISTORY.......which is also taught in Indian schools.....heavily edited and biased.......but its just that if you are in india you wont know anything unless you actually get out of the country.

Did you go to khalsa school or did you get this info from a friend who went to khalsa school???

Just wondering where you got that information from?.....:rolleyes:

Mr. Angry Young Man

If people from khalsa school sound like you, I am glad I din go to one.

Mr. Angry Young Man

If people from khalsa school sound like you, I am glad I din go to one.

It's about time since someone gave dhillon a reason to close the thread. I am just amazed at why we cant have a discussion on sensitive topics without blaming each other.

P.S - I went to a school in india if you really must know and its not much different from the so called fanatic school.

pps309

Prime VIP
I would rather tell my kids Guru Nanak Dev JI's stories than riot stories. I am not denying anything - I just don't want them to be fanatics. I don't know what got into you pps, you sound like a totally different person. For me our Guru's stand for peace - not for anger/revenge/dissatisfaction. Look at yourself - you always sound so angry - ready to jump at every person. Relax - teach your kids good moral values not the past riots. Nothing personal. We used to be good friends - so just wanted to say this for a while.
Its not about anger or revenge. I learnt and decided to raise voice against any injustice. I still love Guru and their philosphy, i will not discuss how much time i spent in reading Guru Stories or Guru Shabads.

I surely know even Guru Nanak raised voice against injustice (Babbar attacking India), Guru Hargobind fought against Injustice and Guru Gobind Singh also taught this thing.

I will raise the voice and would like to tell the world that sikhs are not terrorists as was portrayed by Indian Media. I would like to tell the world sikhs were killed, butchered murdered and forced to take up arms and sikhs did that whenever history asked them.

Sweet_Jatti

.*. KiNdEr .*.
when i first read ur question, i thought that u are talking about how when we go there, we dont like it. i only love going to india for vacation but i would not want to stay there for my whole life.

there is just more opportunities for me here than there are in india.... and just the people there act different from everyone here. everyone minds their own business over here but in india, those people watch u like ur a television set and that bothers me.

i dont know where you guys started talkin about riots from :sim

onlycheema

Banned
even if i chose my kids should not learn about riots, someone else will tell them; it's like my peers told me about birds and bees, same thing goes for any subject. It's better to tell them rather then someone else tells them in a very different way.

And the hate becomes very phenomenal if riots are involved; 1984 was not a small thing the way that incident was conducted, and it gives them fair enough reason to be anti-indian; but then when this problem to khalistan comes in the way that is really sad; it starts off as a exploitation of one problem to further another cause, and we are going nowhere with khalistan. and add to this the taste is only of bitterness.

pps309

Prime VIP
Guys guys ist not about khalistan or anything, it was about y so-much anti-india sentiments by NRI sikh kids?
The answer was thier knowledge or making them aware about sikh genocide, anti-sikh unhuman activatities by police and administration etc etc.

I don't agree it is must to hate once you know about riots. Its about saying wrong to the wrong deeds done by GOI. It is not about starting a new armed-retaliation, it is about raising the issue and try to get justice for the unfair deeds. It is about telling kids their history so that in future if anyone questions them they should not be speechless and without any answer.
Bringing them to a level where they can learn by themselves, they should not get lost as some of our fellow sikhs have lost by winds of nationalism & human-rights which don't even make them understand that even butchered, murdered sikhs were human and not animals.

onlycheema

Banned
i agree with your points pps; i was talking about fair share of children that are lured to this side of khalistan as a alternative on pretext of riots; i know the ground situation is really not that bad but they do drop this issue fairly regularly if this topic starts in person. By luring i don't mean taking up arms or anything but just that they are spoonfed this idea of having a separate nation.

pps309

Prime VIP
i agree with your points pps; i was talking about fair share of children that are lured to this side of khalistan as a alternative on pretext of riots; i know the ground situation is really not that bad but they do drop this issue fairly regularly if this topic starts in person. By luring i don't mean taking up arms or anything but just that they are spoonfed this idea of having a separate nation.
dats true.
Sometimes we use word khalistan or sikh-nation very casually and others catches an idea of separate nation, whereas it doesn't meant to be so.

As we discussed it earlier many times that till Hindustan, Hindu-Rashtra, VHP, RSS, Bajrang Dal, Shiv Sena, Sri Ram Sena, Hindu Janjagruti Sangh etc etc. are there, you will see Khalistan, Sikh-nation, Akali Dal, Dal Khalsa, Babbar Khalsa etc etc. it's all about about balance of power.
Let's not discuss it and avoid opening a pandora box.

I would like to add that those who think there is taliban kind of brainwashing going on in the sikh community are really mistaken or dont have a grip on reality.

Amidst all the talks about not being fanatics.....riots and khalistan some people have just forgotten to respect those who actually gave their life for the panth....and are 2 buzy criticizing the one's that are abusing the khalistan name TODAY.

The movement died along with those who gave their lives, those who went to jail for what they believed was right and those who actually got eliminated by the police cats because they trusted them ...........and here we are trying to debate if we should even be telling their our kids about 84

Somwhere among our own quarrels we have forgotten those who actually gave their lives so that we can live today. The least we can do is respect and honor them and not disgrace them. Just my 2 cents.

onlycheema

Banned
^^i get what you two mean. It's so easy to compare anyone having a fair knowledge or trying to tell their viewpoint, to a taliban preacher. Having a firm grip of reality is a necessity sometimes at others you have to be meanest one in the valley... in terms or general patton.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Why not tell our kids about all the religion related riots and genocides in history and the usual outcome of religious intolerance, rather than just about 84 riots and related issues and make them even more intolerant.

Still I don't have an issue with telling kids about riots and atrocity in punjab but making them believe that all that magically won't happen in khalistan.