'Nothing gets bigger than Jassi'

Lily

B.R
Staff member
1392263544.jpg
She is one of the most sought after anchors at award functions now, but actress Mona Singh admits nothing can surpass the success of her debut show Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin.

"It has been a conscious decision to avoid taking up a daily soap. I think nothing can be bigger and better than my role in Jassi... in terms of fiction content. Besides, people will still relate to me as Jassi, which will not be in the interest of any new character that I play in a TV show," said Singh, who will turn 31 this year.

The actress, who became a household name after playing the Indian version of Ugly Betty, added: "Actors who are a part of daily soaps have no personal life or time to do anything. I don't want to be in such a situation...so I am happy with whatever I am doing."

Currently, she is hosting Sony TV's Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 and Imagine TV's Shaadi 3 Crore Ki, a reality show show that gives away a whopping Rs.30 million (Dh2.45 million) to a middle class family to spend on a wedding.

"Anchoring is not something I always knew, but what I enjoy most about it is that I get to be me. I love cracking jokes and pulling people's leg...and all that I get to do when I am hosting a show. So, yes, I love it because I love being myself," she said.

So what would Singh do if she were given Rs.30 million to splurge on her wedding?

"I would not think normal! I would get a limited-edition designer lehenga, my anklet would not be silver or gold...it will be of diamonds! Then I would probably hire a cruise to get married in style in the middle of the sea, and would want my husband to come in a chopper. I would go completely out-of-the-box for my wedding," she added.

[/img][/COLOR]