New Merc has an Indian touch

prithvi.k

on off on off......
######
Kompressor technology, as revealed by the company

MUMBAI: The new petrol version of Mercedes Benz C-class model comes with an Indian touch. The man who oversaw the introduction of state-of-the-art CGI technology is Bharat Balasubramanian, a Chennai-born IIT Mumbai alumnus. He is number two in hierarchy at Mercedes Benz's global R&D set-up, currently designated VP, product innovations & process technologies in group research and advanced engineering.

"It is like coming back home. I vividly remember the train I used to take from Churchgate to Andheri during my college days," Balasubramanian said when quizzed about his roots here. In 1973, the Chennai lad graduated from IIT and then went on to earn a higher degree from the Technical University of Karlsruhe, in Germany.

On Thursday, Balasubramanian introduced in India Mercedes' C-class series with CGI engine which will replace its Kompressor series of cars. He also unveiled the company's roadmap for gasoline engine technology in India. Balasubramanian was fascinated by the three-pointed start logo while browsing car magazines in his youth. "I was