need some advice, mustang or camaro

gagan_singh

hardcore drifter
ok so my friend is looking to get one of these 2, both btw are convertible. which one would you suggest.

Comparison: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS Convertible vs. 2011 Ford Mustang GT Convertible

Dancing Naked in the Rain
January 26, 2011
/ By Jonny Lieberman
/ Photography by Evan Klein

|

What we have here is some Alanis Morissette-style irony. No, not ra-ay-ain on your wedding day. Rather, it's the one week when you have a pair of RWD, manny-trannied, V-8 powered, 400-plus horsepower convertible ponycars and Southern California decides to experience the "Storm of the Decade." Did I mention both cars had summer tires? Unlike Alanis's song, ironic isn't the word we'd use, and we can't print the one we would. But like Hunter S. Thompson alluded to, we're here to cover the story. Reviewing convertibles with the sun shining (so to speak) is sine qua non. Knowing that we simply had to remove the roofs despite the inclement weather, we donned full rain gear, dropped them tops and drove the new Camaro SS Convertible and Mustang GT Convertible in the pouring rain. The whole ordeal is a great lesson in making lemonade out of flash floods and mudslides. Besides, can you think of anything more fun than flinging these two mamma-jammas around in the wet while dressed up like the Gorton's Fisherman? Neither could we.
We lived with these two ragtops for a week in bizarre-for-Southern California torrential rain, and are shocked to report that both are livable, real-world propositions -- even with cats and dogs falling all around you. Put another way, these are not your father's ponycars. They did not hydroplane off the road at the first hint of a powerful right foot, an especially impressive feat considering just how much water came down (the Los Angeles Times tells us about an inch per hour during the worst of it). Let's not forget how powerful these headless beasts are. The 5.0 'Stang's 412 hard-revving horses combined with 390 angry pound-feet of torque are slightly bested by 426 macadam-thumping ponies and 420 lb-ft of smoky torque in the 6.2-liter Chevy. Back in the heavily fetishized days of yore, that much mechanical motivation coupled to poor brakes, flexible bodies, and primitive horse and buggy-style suspensions spelled disaster. Not so these days.

Read more: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS Convertible vs 2011 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Comparison - Motor Trend

thanks

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
hmmm hard to tell cuz they both are nice . .btw cheap in ur country.. i owuld have bought this brand new for that much :d

well compare power to weight ratio and buy.
make sure u dnt go for V8s

gagan_singh

hardcore drifter
hmmm hard to tell cuz they both are nice . .btw cheap in ur country.. i owuld have bought this brand new for that much :d

well compare power to weight ratio and buy.
make sure u dnt go for V8s
its not for me, my friend is looking for one. he's loaded out of his ass so gas and money is not an issue. lol

i told him camaro but he likes the mustang for some reason.

Tell him Camaro.....In terms of performance both are evenly matched but Camarao is worth taking because of the "chadai" factor..:p

chadai jadah camaro di a ajj kul...people will stop and stare.

cooljatt4u

$idha $adha DecenT J4tt
well... mustang has got a great history
so a devoted fan would anyday choose mustang over chevvy
but both the rides are awesome

tell your friend to buy the one he likes the most.....
coz power only can't decide, relation with car is most important......
good luck..:)