Do you often experience tenderness in your big toe or feel a sharp stabbing pain in your legs and feet? Is the pain awful enough to wake you up from your slumber and make it impossible for you to stand on your feet? If yes, then in all likelihood you are suffering from gout, a complex form of chronic arthritis often characterized by pain, inflammation and tenderness in the joints. Unlike any other painful malady, like muscle soreness or joint paint, that takes you over slowly and sneakily, gout is perhaps one awful condition that strikes almost immediately. Once touted as "the disease of kings" and a "patrician's malady”, gout has been essentially deemed as the painful upshot of hedonistic culinary indulgences and too much of alcohol. If you are bogged down by severe pain and inflammation on your legs and feet, the checking out the natural remedies for gout can offer you some relief. To know more on this, read on.
Natural Remedies For Gout
Natural Remedies For Gout
- Ever heard of the saying “A cherry a day can keep the gout away”! The yummy fleshy scarlet stone fruit that frequently embellishes our delicious desserts and cakes is probably the wonder cure for your sore toe and swollen muscles. This potassium rich fruit helps in minimizing the levels of uric acid in the body, thereby alleviating all kinds of pain, inflammation, swelling and stiffness in the joints and muscles. Just take 3-4 oz. of sour cherry juice and mix it in a glass of water. Drink it twice a day and bid adieu to your gout for good.
- Have frequent flare-ups and intense pain made your life a real suffering? Treat your pain with lemon juice and get rid of gout. Known to be an extremely rich source of potassium and Vitamin C, a daily shot of lemon juice can help to neutralize body acids, lower the levels of uric acid in the blood and eliminate harmful toxins from the body. Just squeeze half a lemon in a glass of warm water, add a little honey to it and drink it first thing in the morning. Not only will it detoxify your system, but it will also help in relieving your gout pain.
- Wish to do away with acute attacks and joint inflammation for good? Just grab a bowl of dry fruits, nuts and seeds and snack on it. Greasy, fatty foods have been deemed as the main perpetrators behind painful gout attacks. If you wish to do away with your chronic ache, then dumping junk food from your dietary chart and resorting to healthy and nutritious dry fruit and nut snacking can help you achieve a healthy, pain-free life.
- Bogged down with gout? Try drinking fruit pectin and grape juice every day. Drinking fruit pectin mixed with grape juice won’t just help you to neutralize the levels of uric acid in the body, but will also offer your relief from pains and aches. Just add two to four teaspoon of pectin in a glass of unsweetened grape juice and drink it every day for quick relief.
- One of the most tried and tested treatments for gout is baking soda. Baking soda helps to alkalize the blood and prevents uric acid crystals from springing in the blood and the kidneys. Add half a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and drink it to alleviate gout pain.