My Story: My father Took 4 Bullets To His Body And Still He Stands Tall And Proud

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
army1750x500-1.jpg

Today is the day when India won the India-Pakistan 1971 war. The Logical Indian community salutes the heroes of 1971 war. This is a Facebook status of a proud daughter whose father fought the 1971 war.

“Sharing the story of my hero, my father Col Arun Dattaji Patole.
He received four bullets in the 1971 Indo-Pak war and though he suffers from spinal problems, he still stands strong, walks tall and never stops to rest.
My father smartly attired and decked with his medals from the 1971 war. These medals don’t come by easily, they hold memories of battles, of struggles and of perseverance. My father took 4 bullets to his body and still he stands tall and proud.
He was declared Missing in Action by the Indian Army after his injuries, but later my grandparents received a telegram again that he is alive and in a Military Hospital in Barackpur.
Today he is headed to the ‪#‎VijayDiwas‬ ceremony i.e. Victory Day. All the veterans pay homage to their fallen comrades and to the battles they won for the nation’s safety. For more than 150 years, my father’s side of the family has served the nation.

P.S: My dad is a biker too. Those kinds who would build their bikes from scratch. Proud to be his daughter. ADGPI – Indian Army
– By Urvashi Patole