My Movie Review- "Tashan" (April 2008)

Yesterday, I went to the theaters to see Tashan, starring Akshay Kumar, Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor, and Anil Kapoor. I've heard a lot of people are "flopping" this movie and some are even "hitting" it. I simply do not agree with either crowds. Here's what I've gotta say.

(don't worry, no spoilers here)

THE STORY 8/10
Tashan's story is a little bit complicated. If you've seen Race, then you'll have no sweat with this one. Basically, critics have been saying that the story is weak. That's not true as they don't know what a story is. The story of Tashan doesn't kick off like a standard hindi movie. It starts off with strange, opening sequences that get people wondering. The real story is unveiled about 20-35 minutes after the interval. That's the thing people didn't like, but I think Tashan's story is fairly strong. I won't reveal anything, but check on Wikipedia or something to find out the story.

THE ACTING 9.5/10
Everyone in Tashan has performed their roles greatly. Akshay Kumar outdoes himself. He continues his rampage after Bhool Bhulaiya, Heyy Babyy, Namastey London, and Welcome last year. Saif Ali Khan is truly what I call "back". His performance in Race stunned viewers and so does this one! Kareena Kapoor returns to Yash Raj with a little explosion. Her performance is good, but someone else could've done Pooja's role a lot better. Anil Kapoor is rock star! His acting in Tashan is just mind-blowing, but not better than Akshay.

THE MUSIC 8.9/10
The music of Tashan is pretty good. It's almost near a perfect soundtrack just like Jhoom Barabar Jhoom, but gets left behind just a pinch. The soundtrack kicks off with the theme track (as heard in the teaser trailer), Dil Haara. Awesome vocals by Sukhwinder Singh. The chorus is what amazed me the most. The video of this song is just plain incredible! Never seen a video like it! Next, I'll talk about Chhaliya. A track composed ONLY and ONLY for Kareena Kapoor! Wow! Sunidhi and Piyush rock the track and the NASEELA NASSELA TERA NAINA... CHURAILE HUMRA CHAAINA... AB HUMRE DIL MEIN REHNA... is just plain cool! Video is made completely for Kareena fans! Next up is my favorite, Dil Dance Maare. AWESOME TRACK!!! Totally Akshay Kumar style! WHITE WHITE FACE DEKHE is just 1 cool 1-liner! Video is rocking!!! Then there's Falak Tak. Just like JBJ needed Bol Na Halke Halke, this soundtrack needed Falak Tak. It's a nice smooth track, but weakens the soundtrack's TASHAN by a lot! Finally, there's the title track, TASHAN MEIN. Rockstar track, but another weakness for the CD. Vishal Dadlani does justice to the vocals, but something just went wrong. The actor's TASHANS in the soundtrack are also pretty good. 1.8 thumbs up.

OVERALL: 8.8 out of 10 (good movie, but not what I had expected from YASH RAJ)

MY FAVORITE PART OF THE MOVIE CAN BE SEEN ON YOUTUBE (don't worry, it's just a part from Dil Dance Maare)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
DIL DANCE MAARE

watch from 0:14 to 0:20
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Pardesan Punjaban

Alone but Happy
i have seen da movie:nerd
acting is gud:yes
per didn't like da story line

and bas kareena di body hi dikhie jande si:an

per i didn't like da movie
i would have say that da worse movie i ever seen in cinama..........
tv te ghar lia ke dvd bahut dekhia:gig

baaki kareena de suit theek si jihre paye si:gig

Well, jithe main dekhan gaya si oothe no one was just looking at Kareena's body. They were more focused on Akshay Kumar's comedy. I don't think it's the worst movie, par theek thaak i a. :)

deep

Prime VIP

sahi keha PP bekar story hai,
acting fer v theek si, main tan ghar hi dekhi si online

HoneY

MaaPeya Da LaaDLa
tashan cha kehnde askhay kumar haiga taan hi chalo thori ni taan flop ho jani hai

vaise mein ghare dekhni mera friend meinu ghare de janda hai nbew movies :D how nice is he

sahi gall a ji
Kareena cute lagdi c suits vich baad vich :wacko
story theek thaak c
te Anil da english bolan da style old a...