My mother was born in Kolkata, grandad was doctor here: Orlando

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
_50144812a7e411e5bc4d302034fae57a-1.jpg

Hollywood actor Orlando Bloom’s trip to India may have started on a bad note. Upon arrival on Saturday (December 19), he found out that his e-visa had been rejected, and was deported to the UK. However, the matter settled down after the External Affairs minister, Sushma Swaraj, granted him a visa. On Sunday (December 20), the actor was seen striking a pose in front of the Taj Mahal in Agra (Uttar Pradesh).

Later, he attended a party hosted by politician Amar Singh at the latter’s Delhi residence. Bloom admitted to being mesmerised by the historical monument. “We had a wonderful trip to Agra. I was so overwhelmed by its beauty,” he said.

He added, “My mother was born in Calcutta (now known as Kolkata). My grandfather was a doctor in India. He had taken photos of the Taj Mahal from every possible angle. Over the years, I have looked at all of them. But nothing beats seeing the monument in real life. It makes you think what it must have taken to create such a marvel back then.”

sharmaactororlandobloomleaderformersamaj-1.jpg

At the party, the 38-year-old Pirates Of The Caribbean star met with producer Boney Kapoor, as well as Sridevi and Jaya Prada. Bloom had a very insightful conversation with Sridevi, and was blown away by the number of films she has done. “Three hundred films. How did you manage that? How much time do you take to make one film?” Bloom asked Sridevi with utmost curiosity.

Accompanied by Sheetal Talwar, the producer of his upcoming film, Romans, Bloom has been invited by the Uttar Pradesh government to promote tourism in the state. Bloom added, “I want to explore the country without any media attention.”