Mourinho syndrome kicks in as Real Madrid thrash Olympique..

Lily

B.R
Staff member
1264210093.jpg
Madrid: Jose Mourinho has often said his teams do better in his second season in charge and Real Madrid's thrashing of Olympique Lyon in the Champions League provided further evidence to back his claim.

Real were utterly dominant against an unambitious Lyon team at the Bernabeu on Tuesday, running out 4-0 winners with goals from Karim Benzema, Sami Khedira, Mesut Ozil and Sergio Ramos.

Three wins from three games without conceding a goal left the Spaniards top of Group D, five points ahead of Ajax Amsterdam and Lyon, in their quest to improve on last season's semi-final appearance.

Real are pursuing a record tenth European Cup, and Mourinho his third, all with different clubs, and it seems to be coming together even without Cristiano Ronaldo getting on the scoresheet.

The world's most expensive player notched an incredible 53 goals in all competitions last year but this season he has been a more creative influence and provided an assist to set up the opening goal for Benzema.

Not a problem

"Ronaldo seems fine to me. I'm delighted with him," former Porto, Chelsea and Inter Milan coach Mourinho told reporters.

"It would be a problem if he didn't score and the team also didn't win. It happened against Levante and Racing Santander. He hasn't scored in the last few games but the team has so it's not a problem.

"I also liked seeing him giving an intelligent and selfless performance tonight," Mourinho added.
[/img][/COLOR]