Mohan Das Karamchand Ganghi slapped by a Gursikh

J@tti

..Majajan..
  • Autobiography is a self written thing ...why wud he mention a shame like getting slapped.
  • Tht accident is not claimed to be happened in Punjab....the old famous birla mandir is i guess in jaipur or some other part of rajasthan....so it doesn't make any difference if he ever entered in Punjab or not.
  • Everything what is visible to the world is not always a truth. I certainly can't say if he believed in truth or not....thts something he made visible about himself....jo lok dikhde ne jaruri nahi anderon ohi hon.
  • I agree with last thing...he never gave up on his beliefs...thts a good quality.....i shd appriciate...but i don't...lol...i dislike him a way to the extent to be biased with such 1-2 good qualities.

He mentioned a lot of things which could be considered more shameful than getting slapped. He was an aficionado of truth in every sense. And if that incident happened before the time we wrote it, he would have mentioned it for sure. If you read his autobiography, and go through things he revealed about himself, which were not known before, you will not doubt his being truthful.

• wht he did was not a new concept....it was already started by "kooka lehar"....i need to revise the dates and all...i ll do it tomorrow....its too late rt now. But this "non violence" was not introduced by ghandi for the 1st time in this world. He got famous for this....just coz of other reason....one of them was the vast majority of indians(particularly Hindus ) who followed him.
chalo kallnu kerdi aan replies changi tarah (sava 2 hoge :O)....gandhi nu nahi bakhshdi masan mauka milda....gandhi te janah....dovan ne desh nu wandta...Punjab wandya gaya....i just don't forgive them only for this reason....baaki taan baad di gall hai.

Non Cooperation movement was started by Gandhi. And people followed him because he gave them hope. Not just Hindu, whole Punjab joined the movement. He united the country. And he called the movement off, because it went against his principles that should tell you how true he was to his beliefs.

<?xml:nYou can not always like everything in a person, but nevertheless you must acknowledge if not appreciate his good attributes.<O:p</O:p

pps309

Prime VIP
hmmm..i read all dese posts...and seeing thst discussion has moved from sharing the fact about Gandhi getting slapped to some other things like. Whether Gandhi was great and his philosphy is best etc etc...

Ok...wat i wud like to say...
1) Gandhi was a great congress leader. He started as common man fighting for justice and equality. Later on he joined congress, might be to gain power/momentum to his revolution.
2) Gandhi used his mind very well to get the mob of 30 crore people following him. If we check India's history Indians have never been great fighters. There are few..one of them is our Guru Gobind Singh ji and other subedar of Khalsa Raj. But Sikhism is relatively new compared to Indian history. So seeing history without gerat soldiers like greek/romans/trozans, it is quite obvious that Indian crowd will always follow a safe path. So gandhi striked well there.
3) Now coming to his philosphy of non-violence....whether it was gud or not? I will say it was not bad. But if we say he got freedom to India then I think we are clearly insulting Neta ji Subhash Chandra Bose, Bhagat Singh, Azad and other saheeds. Jatti wrote somewher that conditions was so abd that time..so englishmen's have to run. I think making that condition bit more bad..the crown goes to Subash Chandra Bose also. Once in time he was President of Congress.....people used to respect him lot.....weighed equal to Gold in Bengal.
4) History is always with the one who lives after the war coz they only wrote. So Gandhi gained much more status then what he actually was.

He was not worse guy...but he was also not very great person. Sometimes it is like "majburi da naa mahatma gandhi"...hehe...kamjor te kayar lokaan de ehja hi leader ho sakde aa.

Same hold for sikhs also...."Hume to apno ne loota gairo mein kaha dum tha".......je gaddar na hunde sikha da aj itihas kuch hor hona siga.

I will say Gandhi might started doing some good stuff but landed up himself and country in great trouble.

Niki_Grewal

!*~PrInCe$$~*!
hmmm..i read all dese posts...and seeing thst discussion has moved from sharing the fact about Gandhi getting slapped to some other things like. Whether Gandhi was great and his philosphy is best etc etc...

Ok...wat i wud like to say...
1) Gandhi was a great congress leader. He started as common man fighting for justice and equality. Later on he joined congress, might be to gain power/momentum to his revolution.
2) Gandhi used his mind very well to get the mob of 30 crore people following him. If we check India's history Indians have never been great fighters. There are few..one of them is our Guru Gobind Singh ji and other subedar of Khalsa Raj. But Sikhism is relatively new compared to Indian history. So seeing history without gerat soldiers like greek/romans/trozans, it is quite obvious that Indian crowd will always follow a safe path. So gandhi striked well there.
3) Now coming to his philosphy of non-violence....whether it was gud or not? I will say it was not bad. But if we say he got freedom to India then I think we are clearly insulting Neta ji Subhash Chandra Bose, Bhagat Singh, Azad and other saheeds. Jatti wrote somewher that conditions was so abd that time..so englishmen's have to run. I think making that condition bit more bad..the crown goes to Subash Chandra Bose also. Once in time he was President of Congress.....people used to respect him lot.....weighed equal to Gold in Bengal.
4) History is always with the one who lives after the war coz they only wrote. So Gandhi gained much more status then what he actually was.

He was not worse guy...but he was also not very great person. Sometimes it is like "majburi da naa mahatma gandhi"...hehe...kamjor te kayar lokaan de ehja hi leader ho sakde aa.

Same hold for sikhs also...."Hume to apno ne loota gairo mein kaha dum tha".......je gaddar na hunde sikha da aj itihas kuch hor hona siga.

I will say Gandhi might started doing some good stuff but landed up himself and country in great trouble.

I must say....i agree with u 100%.....a very wise concluding post indeed...i don't hv anything to write in this thread now....and i didn't get chance to go through from whole thread....can't spend time on reading each n every post...so i just read this one now :).

J@tti

..Majajan..

you think non violence is easy? it's hard.. you think fasting is easy? even bhagat singh resorted to fasting to get rights for prisoners in jail. regardless of the method they used, each freedom fighters contribution was invaluable. So, don't demean it by calling anyone kamjor.

pps309

Prime VIP
you think non violence is easy? it's hard.. you think fasting is easy? even bhagat singh resorted to fasting to get rights for prisoners in jail. regardless of the method they used, each freedom fighters contribution was invaluable. So, don't demean it by calling anyone kamjor.
i m not saying mahatma gandhi was weak or kamjor.

I just want to stress on one point: ki gandhi de andolan ch jada junta ta judi coz indian junta is not soldiers by instinctive and ofcourse most indians are coward they would not have liked to die for country. This thing clicked for gathering masses for Gandhi.

I still feel Gandhi became great leader coz of poor, incapable and somewat coward people. But yeah he was intelligent, very good spokesperson and good leading skills.

J@tti

..Majajan..
i m not saying mahatma gandhi was weak or kamjor.

I just want to stress on one point: ki gandhi de andolan ch jada junta ta judi coz indian junta is not soldiers by instinctive and ofcourse most indians are coward they would not have liked to die for country. This thing clicked for gathering masses for Gandhi.

I still feel Gandhi became great leader coz of poor, incapable and somewat coward people. But yeah he was intelligent, very good spokesperson and good leading skills.

cowards can't practice non violence.. it takes a lot of strength and patience.

pps309

Prime VIP
would like to add something more....

bhagat singh did fast during revolution...and the type of tortoure Bhagat singh and his team went during that time. I feel if Gandhi's team and people would have been there..they would have taken back.....as always like non-cooperatin movement, satyagrah....

Movement back kyun litte gaye....fasting bhagat singh ne bhi kitti te gandhi ne bhi..but kamjor picche hat gaye......mard larde chale gaye

pps309

Prime VIP
cowards can't practice non violence.. it takes a lot of strength and patience.
cowards do fear of dying....cowards do fear to join violent group......but might be they have just this much courage that they can just shout or take out peace protest

P.S: Gandhi was not coward but he was leader of mostly cowards.

J@tti

..Majajan..
would like to add something more....

bhagat singh did fast during revolution...and the type of tortoure Bhagat singh and his team went during that time. I feel if Gandhi's team and people would have been there..they would have taken back.....as always like non-cooperatin movement, satyagrah....

Movement back kyun litte gaye....fasting bhagat singh ne bhi kitti te gandhi ne bhi..but kamjor picche hat gaye......mard larde chale gaye

fasting tun piche nahi c hatte.. i dont remember exact dates.. but he fasted for months for other ends.. and he adapted his body in a way so that he could endure months long fasting.. and movement wapis lya c kyunke chauri chaura ala incident ho gya c.. police station nu agg lati c.. and that was against his principles of non violence.

tun keh hi ditta gandhi nu kamjor.. pehla indirectly keha c. .. hun direct kehta.

pps309

Prime VIP
Apart from sikh history and One Rajput and one Mauryan dynasty...India never had great soldiers,

Even I condemn ashoka being called the great fighter or king......killing innocents and ur family members doesn't make you great.

J@tti

..Majajan..
cowards do fear of dying....cowards do fear to join violent group......but might be they have just this much courage that they can just shout or take out peace protest

P.S: Gandhi was not coward but he was leader of mostly cowards.

violence da todd hega aa.. violence.. non-violence da koi todd ni aa.. In fact atrocities done on people practicing non-violence... only bring mass movements... and that’s one way of bringing a clamor... a nation wide awakening.

J@tti

..Majajan..
Apart from sikh history and One Rajput and one Mauryan dynasty...India never had great soldiers,

Even I condemn ashoka being called the great fighter or king......killing innocents and ur family members doesn't make you great.

that's one way of looking at bravery.. but enduring tortures.. is a brave thing too. Bravery is not just being victorious in a war.. to me every single person who stands up against injustice is brave.. their ways of fighting could be different but nevertheless they all were brave.

pps309

Prime VIP
fasting tun piche nahi c hatte.. i dont remember exact dates.. but he fasted for months for other ends.. and he adapted his body in a way so that he could endure months long fasting.. and movement wapis lya c kyunke chauri chaura ala incident ho gya c.. police station nu agg lati c.. and that was against his principles of non violence.

tun keh hi ditta gandhi nu kamjor.. pehla indirectly keha c. .. hun direct kehta.
tu mera point nahi samjh rahi and just gandhi de kamjor hon ya na hon picche paye ho.

i am saying ke gandhi India da great leader ta banya coz mostly indian junta kamjor de bujhdil sigi. Jo nahi sige oh slowly slowly Gandhi di congress to alag ho gaye (subhash, bal, pal, lala ji)......ye jo 2-4% alag nahi hoye....they really repented at the end.....i will put you some ecrepts by Sardar Patel

Te my dear friend mangan naal raaj paat nahi milda.......nd dat too u expect ke freaky whites mangan naal shad gaye india.

U only wrote ke India da azad hon picche hor bi reason sige.

Gandhi was a good leader but not a great leader or great man. I still did not find out one reason to call him "father of nation". He did not win the fight single handedly.

He survived he got accoloades, stories of valour and all that.

But I agree his contribution to Indian freedom movement was really appreciative.....he contributed a lot.

pps309

Prime VIP
that's one way of looking at bravery.. but enduring tortures.. is a brave thing too. Bravery is not just being victorious in a war.. to me every single person who stands up against injustice is brave.. their ways of fighting could be different but nevertheless they all were brave.
yes i agree with you......now just one question.....What if all other violence in India and world would not have happened at that time? Would India have been freed by just this one non-violence movement?

If you say yes...I am out of discussion..there is nothing to discuss.
If No, then dont you think he is bit overly rated by our netas to get congress going?

te apni junta ankh band kar follow kardi a sab nu.......koi congress picche..koi khalistan piche.....noone is after what they feel right.

somethings were right by him..but he surely did few wrong blunders...

keeping all the security at Bengal border leaving punjab alone....for sikhs to die.....
I doubt ..was he so dumb that he did not realise the danger in North?

Haan might be os time gandhi na PM si na president but father of nation jo kehnda si ohi hunda si.

J@tti

..Majajan..
tu mera point nahi samjh rahi and just gandhi de kamjor hon ya na hon picche paye ho.

i am saying ke gandhi India da great leader ta banya coz mostly indian junta kamjor de bujhdil sigi. Jo nahi sige oh slowly slowly Gandhi di congress to alag ho gaye (subhash, bal, pal, lala ji)......ye jo 2-4% alag nahi hoye....they really repented at the end.....i will put you some ecrepts by Sardar Patel

Te my dear friend mangan naal raaj paat nahi milda.......nd dat too u expect ke freaky whites mangan naal shad gaye india.

U only wrote ke India da azad hon picche hor bi reason sige.

Gandhi was a good leader but not a great leader or great man. I still did not find out one reason to call him "father of nation". He did not win the fight single handedly.

He survived he got accoloades, stories of valour and all that.

But I agree his contribution to Indian freedom movement was really appreciative.....he contributed a lot.

I never once said he should be called father of nation.. but I can't see why people hold it against him.. it was not his fault if all followed him or made him father of nation. And apne rights hasdil karan de tarike alag alag ho sakde aa par motive iko hunda.. he started from the basic.. he started asking for small rights.. before he went to complete freedom, which was years after but nevertheless he was on the road to attain complete swaraj.. kaun kyun survive karda.. eh tusi nahi keh sakde... incidents bande nu kai kuch karwa dende.. je hallat hor hunde ta ho sakda uh kuch hor karda.. and to gain nation wide praise, it takes something. And dont call his followers kamjor.. they practiced non violence, which is not easy.

J@tti

..Majajan..
yes i agree with you......now just one question.....What if all other violence in India and world would not have happened at that time? Would India have been freed by just this one non-violence movement?

If you say yes...I am out of discussion..there is nothing to discuss.
If No, then dont you think he is bit overly rated by our netas to get congress going?

te apni junta ankh band kar follow kardi a sab nu.......koi congress picche..koi khalistan piche.....noone is after what they feel right.

somethings were right by him..but he surely did few wrong blunders...

keeping all the security at Bengal border leaving punjab alone....for sikhs to die.....
I doubt ..was he so dumb that he did not realise the danger in North?

Haan might be os time gandhi na PM si na president but father of nation jo kehnda si ohi hunda si.

bande da har decision theek nahi ho sakda.. to err is human.. par ida matlab eh nahi ke tusi usde changge kam andekhe kardo.. appreciate him for the good. On a personal level, looking at the way things went when they started non cooperation movement, had the chauri chaura incident not happened, we might have been successful in gettin close to freedom if not attaining freedom.

and sab ne contribute kitta.. apne apne tarike nal.. kisse nu compare karke... uhna de contribution de bezti nahi karni cheedi.. and.. alag alag nalo agar sara india katha hoke ik tarike nal revolt karda.. ta bahut pehla azaadi mil jandi.. par india de ehi ta badkismati aa.. integrity sirf kehan nu aa.. andron sab wande hoe aa..

gandhi ne unite kita c kafi hadh tak indians nu.. and that was a job well done.

pps309

Prime VIP
I never once said he should be called father of nation.. but I can't see why people hold it against him.. it was not his fault if all followed him or made him father of nation. And apne rights hasdil karan de tarike alag alag ho sakde aa par motive iko hunda.. he started from the basic.. he started asking for small rights.. before he went to complete freedom, which was years after but nevertheless he was on the road to attain complete swaraj.. kaun kyun survive karda.. eh tusi nahi keh sakde... incidents bande nu kai kuch karwa dende.. je hallat hor hunde ta ho sakda uh kuch hor karda.. and to gain nation wide praise, it takes something. And dont call his followers kamjor.. they practiced non violence, which is not easy.
yes...dats wat i am saying....ke people followed him....and they made him great..
I was just looking at those peoples historical back ground and mindsets.
These were those people's whose ancestors were not good soldiers...so fighting was not in their genes...onto that these were those people who want their rights but not ready to sacrifice their lives or sacrifice blood droplets. So mostly those people made him great.

taahin ta kahi da majburi da naam mahatma gandhi....

Gandhi was not coward......and he was not even mean....don't know much about his end days...suna hai kursi bade bado ko kamina bana deti hai

pps309

Prime VIP
bande da har decision theek nahi ho sakda.. to err is human.. par ida matlab eh nahi ke tusi usde changge kam andekhe kardo.. appreciate him for the good. On a personal level, looking at the way things went when they started non cooperation movement, had the chauri chaura incident not happened, we might have been successful in gettin close to freedom if not attaining freedom.

and sab ne contribute kitta.. apne apne tarike nal.. kisse nu compare karke... uhna de contribution de bezti nahi karni cheedi.. and.. alag alag nalo agar sara india katha hoke ik tarike nal revolt karda.. ta bahut pehla azaadi mil jandi.. par india de ehi ta badkismati aa.. integrity sirf kehan nu aa.. andron sab wande hoe aa..

gandhi ne unite kita c kafi hadh tak indians nu.. and that was a job well done.
u r right jatti...we might have reached closed to freedom...appa pahunch jande dominion status te............................hahahah....aasman to dige khajura ch fasse........
ek baar dominion status mil janda fer appa wadia reh jande...sadda UK jana saukha hona siga....sadda free trade hunda european union naal...sadde edhar euros chalde but saddi currency otthe nahi si chalni.

Koi bill banda ta oh pass hon lai....london jaake aaunda

P.S.-> to be frank aj di condition dekho ta oh theek hi siga...hun ta apne ghar de hi apnya nu luttan daye aa....

J@tti

..Majajan..
yes...dats wat i am saying....ke people followed him....and they made him great..
I was just looking at those peoples historical back ground and mindsets.
These were those people's whose ancestors were not good soldiers...so fighting was not in their genes...onto that these were those people who want their rights but not ready to sacrifice their lives or sacrifice blood droplets. So mostly those people made him great.

taahin ta kahi da majburi da naam mahatma gandhi....

Gandhi was not coward......and he was not even mean....don't know much about his end days...suna hai kursi bade bado ko kamina bana deti hai

you are so mean to him and yet you dont accept it.
after he gave his life for a movement.. you call him 'kamina' indirectly. fighting is not just with swords.. it is said pen is mightier than the sword. Being a good soldier is one thing, and it takes a lot of training, it's not a one night work.. but being brave is innate.. and only if you are brave you will have the guts to stand against injustice... so don't refer to any freedom fighter including gandhi's followers as cowards.. not being a soldier does not make them a coward.

J@tti

..Majajan..
u r right jatti...we might have reached closed to freedom...appa pahunch jande dominion status te............................hahahah....aasman to dige khajura ch fasse........
ek baar dominion status mil janda fer appa wadia reh jande...sadda UK jana saukha hona siga....sadda free trade hunda european union naal...sadde edhar euros chalde but saddi currency otthe nahi si chalni.

Koi bill banda ta oh pass hon lai....london jaake aaunda

P.S.-> to be frank aj di condition dekho ta oh theek hi siga...hun ta apne ghar de hi apnya nu luttan daye aa....

step by step chalna penda.. you have to climb a ladder while taking one step at a time..sidha chall ni marde..

complete freedom kinna k durr hona c je sara india katha ho janda.. divide karke ta rule karge agle inne sal