Mohan Das Karamchand Ganghi slapped by a Gursikh

Guest33

Elite
Mohan Das Gandhi (so called mahatma) called Guru Gobind Singh ji a "misguided patriot" in a public forum. He was then slapped by a Sikh Officer

Bhai Jagat Singh (Bhai Tejinder Singh) came running to a Gursikh's house one day.
Bhai Sahib was an Air Force officer who used to serve with his beard open and brought a lot of Singhs into the Akhand Kirtani Jatha.

At the home of the Singh, there was a Gursikh Mata jee. Mata jee saw Bhai Jagat Singh running in and asked "What's the matter?".
Bhai Jagat Singh answered, "I heard a speech by Gandhi today. He was talking about Guru Gobind Singh and said that though Guru Sahib had good intentions, he was in the end just a misguided patriot for having taken up the sword".

Mata jee asked, "How could you just listen to that? Why didn't you slap him?"

Bhai Tejinder Singh replied, "That's exactly what I did! I got up and slapped him across the face and now I'm running from the police!"

In 1947, Bhai Tejinder Singh went out for a walk and headed towards the famous Birla Mandir. Seeing the crowd there, he went closer and saw Gandhi doing lecture.

When he heard the remark about "misguided partriot", Bhai Tejinder Singh had gone up to Gandhi and smacked him across the face.

The crowd tried to catch him and beat him, but he got away.
The Indian police were searching for him everywhere for having insulted their great leader so badly.

Later a deal was worked out where he was released from the Air Force and no action was taken against him in order to keep this event quiet. He then used to teach keertan in Chandigarh and later left India.

Funny how everyone remembers the "misguided patriot" comment, but no one brings up the fact that Gandhi got slapped for it.

[the issue of this comment was once a big point of discussion and was main reason (along with many other anti-sikh and anti-minority policies of Karamchand Gandhi) for sikhs going against him. Sirdar Kapoor Singh also had a debate with Gandhi at his Sabarmati Asharam and made Mohan Das apologise for the same

PS: kinna jhooth kinna sach.....ih main ni jandi....

J@tti

..Majajan..
I read his autobiography.. and he never mentioned this incidence... he never even got to enter punjab a/c to what he wrote.. i don't know if it's true or not.. regardless of his shortcomings... he was a good man who believed in truth... accepted his mistakes, regretted them.. and above all.. he did what he believed in, he never gave up on his beliefs. I appreciate some qualities in him.

MeHRaM

sadial
its very much true beeba ji.....actually main ih book padi aa jis cho tussi ih kahani likhia aa...vesse situation ethe thodi ji tilt hogi but the theme is same....... te os book da writer khud os officer nu mil ke aya c...n that officer used to live in chandigarh.....
hanji hun mainu book da title yaad ni aa riha...assal ch 7-8 mheene hoge padi nu...and this book is available in Gurdwara Parklea Sahib's library..... main v otho hi layee c padan layee........if some1 is really interested main os da title patta kar sakda.......chalo main oh book dubara issue kra ke ..oh pages scan kra ke ethe paa dinna...infact blog hi bna dinne aa........

and main beeba jatti naal bilkul semat haan..we cant forget his sacrifices for freedom... ih kudrat da rule aa v Rabb kujj mahan bandya ch v kammian pa dinda ...te Gandhi ne v kujh blunder mistakes keetian...the above explained is one of them :saw .... fer v apne moorakh tole ne os nu father of nation bna ta...mainu taan lagda je Rabb os ch kujh kammian na paonda taan lokan ne os nu GOD of nation bna dena c ...:sim

GeNie_iN_a_boTtLe

~~brOwn sUg@~~
iko peya bas:dts ...

>haha ohde taan jiniya paindiya ghat ne..........menu aah dasso vee ohde fast rakhan naal ya dandi march karan naal kitte azaadi mil gayee??????? aaj sari duniya oss nu jandee aa buh Shaheed BHagat Singh, Udham Singh, Raj Guru,...n da list goes on warge mahaan shaheeda dee qurbani nu koi nahi jaanda........

J@tti

..Majajan..
>haha ohde taan jiniya paindiya ghat ne..........menu aah dasso vee ohde fast rakhan naal ya dandi march karan naal kitte azaadi mil gayee??????? aaj sari duniya oss nu jandee aa buh Shaheed BHagat Singh, Udham Singh, Raj Guru,...n da list goes on warge mahaan shaheeda dee qurbani nu koi nahi jaanda........

they were two different methods to express resentment.. and what gandhi did was a new concept.. and it worked in south africa.. that is why he is world known. And for his efforts, least he deserves is respect.. india got free because of the world circumstances at that times.. england could not have ruled india during that time regardless of anything.. so kis cheej karke ajaadi mili eh ta koi ni keh sakda.. but you must still respect the efforts of those who choose to oppose it rather than submitting to it.. and even if he is known world wide or is called father of nation .. what is his fault?

and even if he is known world wide or is called father of nation .. what is his fault?

father nation bhave hove par iho jehe de thuknia hai chaidia jehda sade bapu noo kuch akooga nd u know who is our bapu ........Shri Guru Gobind Singh JI......sade guruan noo koi kuch aake ih kise tou v bardashat nai hunda.

J@tti

..Majajan..
father nation bhave hove par iho jehe de thuknia hai chaidia jehda sade bapu noo kuch akooga nd u know who is our bapu ........Shri Guru Gobind Singh JI......sade guruan noo koi kuch aake ih kise tou v bardashat nai hunda.

She was talking about something else.. and I am not even sure if he said something like that.. I never came across it while reading historical stuff.

She was talking about something else.. and I am not even sure if he said something like that.. I never came across it while reading historical stuff.[/quote
oh k....i read her post l8rz.......vaise main v ih peli vaar sunia main v ohdi biography padi aa......pata ni ih sach v haiga ya nai

MeHRaM

sadial
they were two different methods to express resentment.. and what gandhi did was a new concept.. and it worked in south africa.. that is why he is world known. And for his efforts, least he deserves is respect.. india got free because of the world circumstances at that times.. england could not have ruled india during that time regardless of anything.. so kis cheej karke ajaadi mili eh ta koi ni keh sakda.. but you must still respect the efforts of those who choose to oppose it rather than submitting to it.. and even if he is known world wide or is called father of nation .. what is his fault?

there are alot of other fredom fighters whomz sacrifices are faaaar considerable than Gandhi...but they never came on floor as gandhi...and were just ignored..... they spent more time in english jails than gandhi, suffered more lathies of goras than gandhi...but they never came in lime light....they lit the light of freedom ages before Gandhi came in....some of them were sikhs...eg actualy Baba Raam singh naamdhari was nominated for that title.... but was finally ignored coz he was from minority...

look Sikhs are great people... its not that im a sikh thats wy i m saying so...but its a
FACT...par apni problem ih aa v appa apne gwaandi nu rise karda vekh ke raaji ni haige.... ikkk hor example haigi aa...BHAGAT POORAN SINGH...mainu lagda kayian ne ethe sunia v ni hona...haaan par Mother Tressa nu harek jannda hona..par fer gal ohi aa gi v Mother Tressa was an international figure..and so shez known widely...par je kitte efforts wise dekho taan Bhagat Pooran singh scores over Her....main padya os baare n its again a fact

we have a great history... par kismat maadi apni ke appa kujh sikhan layee ,kujh samjan layee hor kitte sir khapayee jiada karde aa...rather than searching it in our own religion, history....par kende aa v jithe kisse da mann khad da os nu othe hi khadauna chahida..so peace dudes

Mahatma Gandhi on the Martyrdom of Bhagat Singh
Freedom fighter Sardar Bhagat Singh was hanged by the British on accusations of anti-government activities on March 23, 1931. Here, Gandhi pays tribute to the patriotism of the young martyr while disagreeing with his revolutionary methods. Excerpted from Gandhi's article in Young India.​
66-1.gif
Bhagat Singh and his two associates have been hanged. The Congress made many attempts to save their lives and the Government entertained many hopes of it, but all has been in a vain.
Bhagat Singh did not wish to live. He refused to apologize, or even file an appeal. Bhagat Singh was not a devotee of non-violence, but he did not subscribe to the religion of violence. He took to violence due to helplessness and to defend his homeland. In his last letter, Bhagat Singh wrote --" I have been arrested while waging a war. For me there can be no gallows. Put me into the mouth of a cannon and blow me off." These heroes had conquered the fear of death. Let us bow to them a thousand times for their heroism.
But we should not imitate their act. In our land of millions of destitute and crippled people, if we take to the practice of seeking justice through murder, there will be a terrifying situation. Our poor people will become victims of our atrocities. By making a dharma of violence, we shall be reaping the fruit of our own actions.
Hence, though we praise the courage of these brave men, we should never countenance their activities. Our dharma is to swallow our anger, abide by the discipline of non-violence and carry out our duty.
March 29, 1931​
99-1.gif

gandgi
sowwie gandhi*:sleepy

Notorious

Prime VIP
Just imagine if Bhagat Singh was Granted Pardon due to Gandhi’s Effort. No one even would have remembered Bhagat Singh.

J@tti

..Majajan..
[/color]

there are alot of other fredom fighters whomz sacrifices are faaaar considerable than Gandhi...but they never came on floor as gandhi...and were just ignored..... they spent more time in english jails than gandhi, suffered more lathies of goras than gandhi...but they never came in lime light....they lit the light of freedom ages before Gandhi came in....some of them were sikhs...eg actualy Baba Raam singh naamdhari was nominated for that title.... but was finally ignored coz he was from minority...

look Sikhs are great people... its not that im a sikh thats wy i m saying so...but its a
FACT...par apni problem ih aa v appa apne gwaandi nu rise karda vekh ke raaji ni haige.... ikkk hor example haigi aa...BHAGAT POORAN SINGH...mainu lagda kayian ne ethe sunia v ni hona...haaan par Mother Tressa nu harek jannda hona..par fer gal ohi aa gi v Mother Tressa was an international figure..and so shez known widely...par je kitte efforts wise dekho taan Bhagat Pooran singh scores over Her....main padya os baare n its again a fact

we have a great history... par kismat maadi apni ke appa kujh sikhan layee ,kujh samjan layee hor kitte sir khapayee jiada karde aa...rather than searching it in our own religion, history....par kende aa v jithe kisse da mann khad da os nu othe hi khadauna chahida..so peace dudes

If they gained popularity, it's not their fault. From their sides, they were doing selfless service... it's people who made them world wide figures. Some people have that thing in themselves that they make an impact on everyone.. you must appreciate their efforts rather than comdemning them because they are relatively more known.

MeHRaM

sadial
If they gained popularity, it's not their fault. From their sides, they were doing selfless service... it's people who made them world wide figures. Some people have that thing in themselves that they make an impact on everyone.. you must appreciate their efforts rather than comdemning them because they are relatively more known.
main condemn ni keeta..rather i appriciate Gandhi n even beeba tressa...was saying ke just go through our own history, religion n u will find great things to explore...baaki keh hi ditta c v best taan ohi aa jithe tuhaada dil mann da :y ...and more popularity does nt mean that they r the best ... kujh lok bahut mahaan hunde aa te chhupe hunde aa te ohna nu labhna painda.

J@tti

..Majajan..
main condemn ni keeta..rather i appriciate Gandhi n even beeba tressa...was saying ke just go through our own history, religion n u will find great things to explore...baaki keh hi ditta c v best taan ohi aa jithe tuhaada dil mann da :y ...and more popularity does nt mean that they r the best ... kujh lok bahut mahaan hunde aa te chhupe hunde aa te ohna nu labhna painda.

jinne wi loki selfless service karde.. sab best hunde.. compare ni karna cheeda :wa

Niki_Grewal

!*~PrInCe$$~*!
Mohan Das Gandhi (so called mahatma) called Guru Gobind Singh ji a "misguided patriot" in a public forum. He was then slapped by a Sikh Officer

Awesome post...thanx a ton....i ll try to find out if its really true...though i can kinda blv it.

Niki_Grewal

!*~PrInCe$$~*!
I read his autobiography.. and he never mentioned this incidence... he never even got to enter punjab a/c to what he wrote.. i don't know if it's true or not.. regardless of his shortcomings... he was a good man who believed in truth... accepted his mistakes, regretted them.. and above all.. he did what he believed in, he never gave up on his beliefs. I appreciate some qualities in him.

• Autobiography is a self written thing ...why wud he mention a shame like getting slapped.
  • Tht accident is not claimed to be happened in Punjab....the old famous birla mandir is i guess in jaipur or some other part of rajasthan....so it doesn't make any difference if he ever entered in Punjab or not.
  • Everything what is visible to the world is not always a truth. I certainly can't say if he believed in truth or not....thts something he made visible about himself....jo lok dikhde ne jaruri nahi anderon ohi hon.
  • I agree with last thing...he never gave up on his beliefs...thts a good quality.....i shd appriciate...but i don't...lol...i dislike him a way to the extent to be biased with such 1-2 good qualities.

Niki_Grewal

!*~PrInCe$$~*!
  • wht he did was not a new concept....it was already started by "kooka lehar"....i need to revise the dates and all...i ll do it tomorrow....its too late rt now. But this "non violence" was not introduced by ghandi for the 1st time in this world. He got famous for this....just coz of other reason....one of them was the vast majority of indians(particularly Hindus ) who followed him.
chalo kallnu kerdi aan replies changi tarah (sava 2 hoge :O)....gandhi nu nahi bakhshdi masan mauka milda....gandhi te janah....dovan ne desh nu wandta...Punjab wandya gaya....i just don't forgive them only for this reason....baaki taan baad di gall hai.