He mentioned a lot of things which could be considered more shameful than getting slapped. He was an aficionado of truth in every sense. And if that incident happened before the time we wrote it, he would have mentioned it for sure. If you read his autobiography, and go through things he revealed about himself, which were not known before, you will not doubt his being truthful.
- Autobiography is a self written thing ...why wud he mention a shame like getting slapped.
- Tht accident is not claimed to be happened in Punjab....the old famous birla mandir is i guess in jaipur or some other part of rajasthan....so it doesn't make any difference if he ever entered in Punjab or not.
- Everything what is visible to the world is not always a truth. I certainly can't say if he believed in truth or not....thts something he made visible about himself....jo lok dikhde ne jaruri nahi anderon ohi hon.
- I agree with last thing...he never gave up on his beliefs...thts a good quality.....i shd appriciate...but i don't...lol...i dislike him a way to the extent to be biased with such 1-2 good qualities.
Non Cooperation movement was started by Gandhi. And people followed him because he gave them hope. Not just Hindu, whole Punjab joined the movement. He united the country. And he called the movement off, because it went against his principles that should tell you how true he was to his beliefs.
chalo kallnu kerdi aan replies changi tarah (sava 2 hoge :O)....gandhi nu nahi bakhshdi masan mauka milda....gandhi te janah....dovan ne desh nu wandta...Punjab wandya gaya....i just don't forgive them only for this reason....baaki taan baad di gall hai.
- wht he did was not a new concept....it was already started by "kooka lehar"....i need to revise the dates and all...i ll do it tomorrow....its too late rt now. But this "non violence" was not introduced by ghandi for the 1st time in this world. He got famous for this....just coz of other reason....one of them was the vast majority of indians(particularly Hindus ) who followed him.
<?xmlYou can not always like everything in a person, but nevertheless you must acknowledge if not appreciate his good attributes.<O</O