Millions made Emma Watson 'very emotional'

Lily

B.R
Staff member
558407031.jpg

Actress Emma Watson says she had no idea how much money she made from the Harry Potter franchise and "felt sick" and "very emotional" when she realised she was a millionaire.

The 20-year-old was cast to play Hermione Grainger in the wizard movie franchise when she was just nine years old and was given an allowance of just £50 (Dh294) a week until she turned 17.

Watson, who has an estimated £20 million fortune, said: "By the third or fourth film, the money was starting to get serious. I had no idea. I felt sick and very emotional."

In a bid to cope, she enrolled in a course at Coutts bank to learn how to manage her money properly, reports femalefirst.co.uk.

Watson, who is now studying at Brown University in the US, recently underwent an image make-over.

"For the nine years I was on Harry Potter I was contractually obliged not to cut my hair, not to tan. All the normal things girls do, I couldn't. So when I got the chance to change my appearance, this is what I did," said the actress who now sports very short hair.

[/img][/COLOR]